PLAYER Jock Madden

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
cops a lot of criticism and rightfully so at times but he’s also been let down by his team and coaching every time he’s played. We’ve been absolutely dominated all over the park when he’s been given his chance. Maybe he’s just bad luck but how much can he do when the ball is lost on tackle 1 or 2.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
I still think he could still do a job for us post-Reynolds. Call me delusional or whatever, but give him another year and a half to develop under Reynolds and build combos with Ez and Walsh, and give them another year and a half to develop and mature, and add Mozer into the fold, he could be a solid, good value halfback.

He's shown he's got the kicks in his arsenal, he's got a good amount of pace, has thrown some good passes to put players away, and always looks like he's trying. We could definitely do worse, I think.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Not prepared to give up on him just yet, halves is a tough job to get a handle on and he's done ok. There's certainly things to work on for him but he'll know that. Besides, we can't afford a gun half when we have so many other highly-paid players in the squad.

S

Seibs

NYC Player
Oct 29, 2018
If Madden is not the answer, post A Rey do we throw Ben Hunt a 2 year contract for 26/27 whilst Black matures?

I know Hunt is getting on but he looks to have a lot of football left.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
If Madden is not the answer, post A Rey do we throw Ben Hunt a 2 year contract for 26/27 whilst Black matures?

I'm not sure if I've really forgiven him for the 2015 GF loss.......its still too raw.

But.....its not a bad idea.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018

I think we'll debut Black next year. He'll be 19. Same age as Ezra. A year older than Sam Walker and Tommy Dearden.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
cops a lot of criticism and rightfully so at times but he’s also been let down by his team and coaching every time he’s played. We’ve been absolutely dominated all over the park when he’s been given his chance. Maybe he’s just bad luck but how much can he do when the ball is lost on tackle 1 or 2.
In some instances yeah, but there's just boneheaded plays too that you can't blame on anyone else. What's he doing kicking on the 1st 10m out? Best case scenario we score. Second best scenario is we get a drop out - but they blast it 40 and we start 40 out instead of 10.

Couple of his kicks were just nothing bombs 40 out. Additionally, at times there looks like there is absolutely zero direction in the attack. That's his job.

I thought madden earlier his year may have finally worked it out, but its increasingly looking like those games were the outliers and we're back to square one.

He's not filling me with any confidence that he can do the job reliably.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
A good half would've taken control of it yesterday. It looked like we woke up at the 65th minute mark but I don't suspect that was due to Jock. I'm fine to continue for now but Coby's got the opportunity of the century here.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
In some instances yeah, but there's just boneheaded plays too that you can't blame on anyone else. What's he doing kicking on the 1st 10m out? Best case scenario we score. Second best scenario is we get a drop out - but they blast it 40 and we start 40 out instead of 10.

Couple of his kicks were just nothing bombs 40 out. Additionally, at times there looks like there is absolutely zero direction in the attack. That's his job.

I thought madden earlier his year may have finally worked it out, but its increasingly looking like those games were the outliers and we're back to square one.

He's not filling me with any confidence that he can do the job reliably.
All of his kicks last night were under enormous pressure. He was just about tackled before the kick. Is he too close to the ruck or is it slow play the balls? It’s something he needs to figure out with the help of the coaches because he has shown he has a decent boot on him.

We’ve also been stuck in our 30 a lot lately too and the ball control is woeful. Everything seems to be going wrong and madden is only a small part of some big issues.

The kick on the first tackle was piss poor though.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Looking forward to the Coby Black protege headlines, a Pete Badel scoop, if you like.
I saw that the five eight that will be playing next to him is Storm... surely he'll be getting just as many offers as Coby... comes from the storm system as well... they rarely miss on a spine player

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I saw that the five eight that will be playing next to him is Storm... surely he'll be getting just as many offers as Coby... comes from the storm system as well... they rarely miss on a spine player

Stanley is from Ipswich. He was vice captain last year to Mozer.

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • Galah
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.