PLAYER Jock Madden

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Maybe it's time to create a list of players who have gatekeepers against criticism.

I'll start:

1. Billy Walters
I think this is all in your mind matey. If Billy has a shit game I mention it. Indeed, before the Souths game he had three or four games where he was well down on last year. I love Riki and Mam but I also mentioned they both needed to sort their form out before the Souths game. Riki unfortunately, went the wrong way about it. I have also bagged Piakura for quite a while now. Since before he made his debut there was so much hype about him. Since he has come into the team his defence has been woeful and it does not look like it is improving.

No one has played 'gatekeeper' to my remarks. I think when you constantly go on about someone in the team it start to grind with the rest of the forum members.

When Billy plays shit, say so and move on FFS!

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
Maybe it's time to create a list of players who have gatekeepers against criticism.

I'll start:

1. Billy Walters
Well, Ezra is atop of your list in this regard. Even in summary of our season, Billy and Smoothy only "Perfunctory" whereas Ezra is "usually brilliant".

You are the biggest offender in gatekeeping criticism, starting with your love affair with Jake Turpin.

Your hatred towards Billy is blatantly obvious and that has most of the forum rolling their eyes when they see another Billy bashing.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
I saw the same thing with the late Michael Jackson.

Mate, maybe you should be starting with the man in the mirror. Maybe you should be asking him to change his ways. Because I don't think any message could've been any clearer. If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and then make a change.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Michael Jackson Halloween GIF by Vevo

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Is it fair to say that madden is like a second hand brodie croft?

Yeah he tries hard and you can't fault his efforts and occasionally he does have a good game, but he just doesn't have the composure to repeatedly make the right decision. Always seems like there's a rush of blood or an option with no thought whatsoever.

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022

Yeah he tries hard and you can't fault his efforts and occasionally he does have a good game, but he just doesn't have the composure to repeatedly make the right decision. Always seems like there's a rush of blood or an option with no thought whatsoever.
I concur.

Last week when the game was in balance in the opening 10-12 min, we got back to back sets on Rabbits goal line and on 2nd tackle, he drop kicked the footy to the right and our right edge didn’t had a clue about the play. Poor choice and thats what gave the Rabbits a leg up & off the went on to win the game.

As much as I don’t like to say this but he doesn’t seem like a game managing half yet. Maybe the break gives him some break to take a pause and better himself in the games yet to come in the season.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Well, Ezra is atop of your list in this regard. Even in summary of our season, Billy and Smoothy only "Perfunctory" whereas Ezra is "usually brilliant".

You are the biggest offender in gatekeeping criticism, starting with your love affair with Jake Turpin.

Your hatred towards Billy is blatantly obvious and that has most of the forum rolling their eyes when they see another Billy bashing.
Mate, maybe you should be starting with the man in the mirror. Maybe you should be asking him to change his ways. Because I don't think any message could've been any clearer. If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and then make a change.
Thoughts and prayers for your suffering. Keep up the gatekeeping.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018

Hard to say: I would rate Brodie higher, certainly after his success in the ESL. All our halves (Boyd, Gamble, Milford, Turpin, Kelly, Croft, Dearden) looked impotent and uncoached during that period, including Tommy Dearden who is now the SOO 6. That includes after Kevvie took over.

We didn't begin to have a semblance of order until Reyno arrived.

Had we paired Reynolds with Kelly, Croft, Gamble or Dearden, rather than Mam, I expect we'd have also looked more coherent.

The loser in this has been Ezra. He hasn't been able to assert himself as the dominant half, so his ambition to succeed Reyno is not so convincing at this stage.

We must continue to audition halves.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I think this is all in your mind matey. If Billy has a shit game I mention it. Indeed, before the Souths game he had three or four games where he was well down on last year. I love Riki and Mam but I also mentioned they both needed to sort their form out before the Souths game. Riki unfortunately, went the wrong way about it. I have also bagged Piakura for quite a while now. Since before he made his debut there was so much hype about him. Since he has come into the team his defence has been woeful and it does not look like it is improving.

No one has played 'gatekeeper' to my remarks. I think when you constantly go on about someone in the team it start to grind with the rest of the forum members.

When Billy plays shit, say so and move on FFS!
I can't even mention Mozer without caterwailing from the usual suspects, despite acknowledging he will have to replace Smoothy, the stronger of our two current hookers because Billy is more versatile. I've never said Billy is shit. He's not. But there is room for improvement.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Anyone else think Jock Madden sounds like a jockey when he talks?

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Hard to say: I would rate Brodie higher, certainly after his success in the ESL. All our halves (Boyd, Gamble, Milford, Turpin, Kelly, Croft, Dearden) looked impotent and uncoached during that period, including Tommy Dearden who is now the SOO 6. That includes after Kevvie took over.

We didn't begin to have a semblance of order until Reyno arrived.

Had we paired Reynolds with Kelly, Croft, Gamble or Dearden, rather than Mam, I expect we'd have also looked more coherent.

The loser in this has been Ezra. He hasn't been able to assert himself as the dominant half, so his ambition to succeed Reyno is not so convincing at this stage.

We must continue to audition halves.
Ezra has been pathetic these past 2 months. Its really shown that he is a second fiddle half that needs a dominant half to free him up a lot like Dylan Brown. I'm starting to question why we went so fully in on him now since he really hasn't stepped up since Reynolds went down.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Ezra has been pathetic these past 2 months. Its really shown that he is a second fiddle half that needs a dominant half to free him up a lot like Dylan Brown. I'm starting to question why we went so fully in on him now since he really hasn't stepped up since Reynolds went down.
There were suggestions from some quarters earlier in the year that Mam was as good as JT was back in his day.....

Pfft......I don't think so. Reality had to kick in sooner or later I guess.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Even walsh hasn’t really proven himself either.

Unread

Active Now

• Aldo
  • mrslong
  • Ondi
  • Santa
  • Jazza
  • Wolfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Culhwch
  • Nerd
  • levikaden
  • Broncos Maestro
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.