Joel Clinton

Yeah, I don't think Clinton has proven himself. I haven't been impressed with him at all, but hopefully by the end of the season, he'll do well for us.

clinton is standing in the way of somr real talent in the u20's side. A bloke named SPENCE and WATENE come to mind. Beale had a real good game on the weekend. Enough of this STAGG nonsense and just put him in the fowards where he is meant to be.

sydney_bronco09 said:
clinton is standing in the way of somr real talent in the u20's side. A bloke named SPENCE and WATENE come to mind. Beale had a real good game on the weekend. Enough of this STAGG nonsense and just put him in the fowards where he is meant to be.

What about Taylor?

The Rock said:
Coxy said:
The fact he was injured in round 1 didn't help, but he certainly hasn't justified his cash yet.

That said, neither has Ashton Sims. I'd say Sims had 3 good games - first 3 of the season - and has been pretty disappointing since. He needs to lift his game.

Marsh has struggled since his rib injury too.

Only player who has consistently impressed when he's played is Wallace.

Agreed. Sims has played 3 good games all year and has been crap since. He's no better or worse than Clinton IMO.

half-agreed.
He had whales of game sin the first three rounds, but you can't expect that 26 rounds all year.
But you cant serve what he's been serving since then either. He doesn't have to set the world on fire every game, but he defintiely needs to be the player he can be. He's role would be to put on big hits, good runs when we are losing momentum etc, impact-ish fiery role.

I will reserve judgement till the end of the season. injury has definiltey hampered his 2008 so far, but we'll so how he goes when its time to step up in the big games.

One thing I notice with Clinton is two things, when he hits the ball up, he doesn't have the determination in his face that you see with Hannant, Simms, Civo and Webcke- he needs to get that mongrel in him and hit with passion.

And, what the hell is with everytime he's in the tackle he has to watch the referee? Is he deaf or something? Less worrying about the referree, more worrying about his own game!

Nick Kenny is really standing up this year! I reckon he should be the other starting prop...he plays like he loves it.

The Broncos will fire at the end of the season for this reason:

Clinton, Wallace, Sims, Ennis, Robinson...NSW born and bred! The Broncos only suffer end of season fades because of insufficient blueness!

Thomas the Tank said:
The Broncos will fire at the end of the season for this reason:

Clinton, Wallace, Sims, Ennis, Robinson...NSW born and bred! The Broncos only suffer end of season fades because of insufficient blueness!
Yet its the blue teams struggling to reach the finals most years.

I personally rate Clinton higher than Sims and Marsh. Yet he has been playing much worse than those two, even though they haven't been impressive either. Hopefully he can get back to playing some great football like he has for the Panthers over the years.

I reckon we will see some really good football from Clinton over the next few weeks, especially while our Origin players are unavailable. To me he looks to be working into some good form and hopefully we will see the best of him soon. I hope PJ can get through the Origin series in one piece, when Qld win the series hopefully he will get some much needed confidence and bring that back to the Broncos.

I am starting to get a bit worried about Simms - he has really gone off the boil in the last few weeks I think - looks like he used to when he was playing for St George, very hit and miss and mostly uninvolved. Ennis is going well but there is some crap creeping into his game that is doing him no favours - he seems to give away a lot of stupid penalties and this forward pass stuff from dummy half has to stop - it will cost us big time sooner or later.

I think Clinton struggled early on but is starting to show of the form we used to see when at the Panthers now,

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • john1420
  • Allo
  • Volvo Driver
  • Old Mate
  • Financeguy
  • Kev_Guz
  • heartly87
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.