Joel Clinton

I can't think of any decent forwards we could bring in. I agree with Coxy, I'd rather trade Sims than Clinton. Clinton has shown FAR more promise than Sims has. Plus I would really like another decent prop now that we've lost Hannant, so I wouldn't mind seeing Sims go for a decent front rower.

Cashmere would have been a good buy, but instead we had to go for a billion backrowers in Te'o, Setu and co

Webcke said:
Kidwell for Clinton? He isnt in the good books with the club and we need experience. Bargin basement price?

Kidwells not a front rower, and to make matters worse, hes not a good backrower either.

Should try and poach Luke Douglas from the Sharkies.

I'd like Ben Ross. He's a champion. Taught Danny Nutley all he knows this year.

Ben Ross has been playing well lately. He's a QLD'er too...which is an added bonus.

Clintos said:
Ben Ross has been playing well lately. He's a QLD'er too...which is an added bonus.
Just don't have Gordy around :P

Gordie secretly loves him. I have this on good authority. Haha

whoever the #8 is in U20's team, give him 3/4 of the season next year off the bench ... not the bullshit that Dave Taylor has had to cop

whatever his name is, he looks a fine prospect to me

Oink !

ps I've only watched them a few times, hope this makes sense lol

I don't know, I still have faith in Sims, if he can produce round 1/2/3 again, he should just watch those tapes over and over until it is instilled in him. He's still got the dragon mentality, poor discipline, poor handling, and way too inconsistent. He needs to get some Bronco blood in him.

Pigskin said:
whoever the #8 is in U20's team, give him 3/4 of the season next year off the bench ... not the bullshit that Dave Taylor has had to cop

Oink !

Josh McGuire and he's certain to make his NRL debut next year IMO. May even leapfrog Taylor to do it.

Argus said:
Pigskin said:

Oink !

Josh McGuire and he's certain to make his NRL debut next year IMO. May even leapfrog Taylor to do it.

Taylor couldn't leapfrog anyone Argus the size he's getting. [icon_lol1.

As for McGuire yes he is a gun and will see some NRL next year while cutting his teeth in the Qld Cup

I'd rather have no forward at all then have kidwell....

I don't subscribe to this "cutting his teeth in the Qld Cup" I gotta say Russo ... if he is a gun, and he looks it, 6 games in the Qld Cup to start the year and get his fitness up, and as soon as Origin starts ... put him on the bench and leave him there for the year ... fast track him ... so we don't have a repeat of what has happened to Taylor and Kemp over the last couple of years .... toooo slooooow

Oink !

The trouble is good front rowers need age and experience, even Webcke wasn't at his best at 19. IMO a prop really only comes good at around 25 or so after a few good years in the NRL, which is why I can't see our young guns having a huge impact for the next few years. I still think we need at least one more seasoned campaigner in the front row.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Morkel
  • kiwi2
  • Fozz
  • RolledOates
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • Fatboy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Bucking Beads
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
  • BroncosAlways
  • Waynesaurus
  • Ras
  • Strop
  • broncos4life
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.