RUMOUR Johnathan Thurston to call it quits early

Heard today Thurston is a big chance of pulling stumps early. Shoulder not good, hence the push for Carney.
I know it’s not Broncos related, but thought it worth sharing

That would not suprise. Thurstons not the sort of bloke who would lag and let a whole team down just to collect a pay cheque.

Heard today Thurston is a big chance of pulling stumps early. Shoulder not good, hence the push for Carney.
He seemed to be favouring it again on the weekend.

Would be a terrible end for a great player.... on the flipside would be great to see cows fall in a heap

I was a little surprised he didn't call it last year, to be honest.

I've seen the scans of his shoulder when the media released them, it was terrible. It was very very close to being career-ending, that's how bad his shoulder was.

Broncos could be arseholes and give the NRL the specifics on what conditions they proposed to Carney that he was not willing to undertake.

How hard is he willing to work? As hard as Lodge? The Cowboys’ desperation should not be a factor.

Sad for JT but what a great career he has had.

Broncos could be arseholes and give the NRL the specifics on what conditions they proposed to Carney that he was not willing to undertake.

How hard is he willing to work? As hard as Lodge? The Cowboys’ desperation should not be a factor.

The media would just have a huge meltdown at us and the NRL would give him the A-OK within a week of receiving the request. For a club that basically keeps the comp's lights on we sure are attacked at every opportunity.

Edit: Why do they even need Carney? They have TMM and Coote just sitting around doing nothing.

The media would just have a huge meltdown at us and the NRL would give him the A-OK within a week of receiving the request. For a club that basically keeps the comp's lights on we sure are attacked at every opportunity.

Edit: Why do they even need Carney? They have TMM and Coote just sitting around doing nothing.

Carney is elite. If he was smart enough to wake up to his potential he’d be up there with the best. It’s also very easy to hide bad behaviour up there - Thurston’s formative years is proof of that.

Has Carney even been approved yet?

I thought that process was still on-going?

I’d be promoting Clifford not Carney. Best ISC half i have seen in a long while.

Maybe we should have a sniff , because it sounds like Carney is the man they want

Carney won’t help them
Their future is Morgan and the sooner they give him the team better
He did pretty well with Coote and Martin last year

Now stories about comparing his offences to Lodge's will become a thing and Todd Carney will be declared a saint.

If he is permitted they will say the Broncos have opened the door for it (when really previous players and clubs have already paved the way) if not they will cry foul of double standards and how Carney is a saint and Lodge is the antichrist.

Last edited:
That would be a sad end to JT's career if true. However the obvious solution would be Morgan to halfback and TMM at 5/8.

Having to choose between Carney and TMM as a back up is the sort of luxury halves options I wish the Broncos had.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Ondi
  • Manofoneway
  • GCBRONCO
  • Rambstien
  • marw
  • Astro
  • BRC088
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
  • john1420
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.