Jordan Kahu Re-signs 3 year deal

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2017/08/05/kahu_commits_his_fut.af_news.html

THE NRMA Insurance Broncos have added another piece to their long-term roster.
New Zealand international Jordan Kahu has signed a new three-year agreement to remain with the Broncos.
Kahu said it was exciting news on a day the Broncos will play on the Gold Coast, where he went to school at Keebra Park High.
"It has been a long process and a tough process," he said.
"But it was something I had to take my time with and make a decision that was best for my family and my career as well.
"It is a positive thing and I am happy to be here for another few years."
Kahu will take the field with the Broncos against the Titans at 5.30pm this afternoon.

Awesome news that it is now official.

Would've preferred a shorter deal with his injury history, but that's knit picking.

Happy to have him on board, it's nice to know we've got a goal kicker on the roster for the next few years, we would've been in trouble in that department if he left.

Also, I feel that this may spell the end at the Broncos for Blair, we've spent a lot of money over the last few months, shedding Blair & Thaiday for next season may be necessary to avoid cap issues.

Would've preferred a shorter deal with his injury history, but that's knit picking.

Happy to have him on board, it's nice to know we've got a goal kicker on the roster for the next few years, we would've been in trouble in that department if he left.

Well to be fair to the guy considering the injuries he suffered early on he has done extremely well to stay on the field, 60 appearance so far in the last 3 seasons isn't too shabby. IMO that demonstrates enough to justify doing so.

We have spent a lot of money but none of it outlandish, even if the cap doesn't go up as much as expected. One thing the Broncos are good at is being professional about their money management.

We have spent a lot of money but none of it outlandish, even if the cap doesn't go up as much as expected. One thing the Broncos are good at is being professional about their money management.

Regardless, we've reportedly spent something like $3.2m on Milford, Boyd, Bird & Roberts alone. Something has to give, we can't just go down the roster giving everyone upgrades whilst also bringing in an Origin player on 3/4 of a mill and expect to be under the cap. Shedding Hunt will help slightly, but losing the likes of Ese'ese, Arrow & Moga will do sweet **** all for our cap as we're just going to replace those guys with similar contracts.

We're going to have to lose at least one of Blair or Thaiday, more than likely both, if you ask me.

Regardless, we've reportedly spent something like $3.2m on Milford, Boyd, Bird & Roberts alone. Something has to give, we can't just go down the roster giving everyone upgrades whilst also bringing in an Origin player on 3/4 of a mill and expect to be under the cap. Shedding Hunt will help slightly, but losing the likes of Ese'ese, Arrow & Moga will do sweet **** all for our cap as we're just going to replace those guys with similar contracts.

We're going to have to lose at least one of Blair or Thaiday, more than likely both, if you ask me.
The figures that are reportedly being paid to these players, did these journalists provide a copy of the contracts or by any chance do they just guess like everyone else?... nobody knows except the player manager, the player and the club. Even families would have only rough ideas, if I'm making 1 million a year I go home and tell my misses I'm making $1 million (actually probably wouldn't for expense purporses), I don't break it down in to where the money is coming from (eg tpas or salary cap)... even factoring this in (journalists would overestimate rather then under everyone can agree?), there was a picture on Facebook the other week adding all of brisbanes signed players for next years maximum/newspaper reported salaries up and we STILL care under the salary cap...

Our club is not stupid with the cap. A lot of clubs will have to shed players before the years out. The Broncos are being smart, they are increasing salaries accordingly and spreading it over a number of years Kahu will be on between 300k to 500k a season. A winger is usually not on the big money. I have no idea what our cap space looks like, but the Broncos have moved later then most and I think we will be right at that 9.5 mil range by the end.

I share your concern, but lets just hope he has suffered all of the major injuries a player could have and now remains relatively injury free for the rest of his career.

Also, I feel that this may spell the end at the Broncos for Blair, we've spent a lot of money over the last few months, shedding Blair & Thaiday for next season may be necessary to avoid cap issues.

Won't we just just get the next size up (or 2) salary sombrero?

Maybe Bennett is going for broke to try win the Comp with the current squad next year if not this year. 2019 could see a clean out of veterans eg Blair and Thaiday.

I like Kahu he's a good winger (not centre) and I'm happy he re-signed . He's level headed winger that goes well next to Roberts. Sure he's not the fastest but he still adds safety, stability and cover for our team.

Happy to have him just to assure our goalkicking nightmares are finally over. Hopefully he stays injury free.

Great news. Key is the goal kicking even if we pick up Taylor (big if) nice to have options. He owns Broncs for loyalty through his injuries. Would be hoping we paid not much more than 1 mill for 3 years + tpas.

Just keep him away from centres to minimise injury risk.

Active Now

• davidp
  • Broncosarethebest
  • phoenix
  • jarro65
  • Astro
  • maddo
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
  • Galah
  • Yellowfella
  • Harry Sack
  • broncos4life
  • Maddy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fatboy
  • Dash
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.