Josh McGuire - 4 Year Contract Extension

Neither has Offa or Fai
Right, but my point is, we just move on one unproven person and give a chance to another. We're not losing anything doing this.

Unless Offa pushes his way into the team this year then I think it's time to let him go, especially if we sign Lodge.

As for Fai he will get a run at Origin and we will see if he deserves his spot or not.

Unless Offa pushes his way into the team this year then I think it's time to let him go, especially if we sign Lodge.

As for Fai he will get a run at Origin and we will see if he deserves his spot or not.

Yep I agree with both points. I also feel like I was watching a different game to some last week as I thought Arrow showed quite a bit.

i think you did too, I wasn't that impressed by him and as a result, i went and checked the stats based on your post.

9 runs for 69 meters with 15 tackles, 2 ineffective. not exactly a sterling effort.

To be brutally honest, I think this year is make or break for a few young forwards. I don't give two ***** what they did in the ISC or under 20s, we really need them to start making an impact in first grade if we are going to be at the big dance in October. And with some of them off contract, its more than enough reason to judge them.

i think you did too, I wasn't that impressed by him and as a result, i went and checked the stats based on your post.

9 runs for 69 meters with 15 tackles, 2 ineffective. not exactly a sterling effort.
Did you just conveniently forget to include the offload stat??

Did you just conveniently forget to include the offload stat??
nah it wasn't convenient, I just plain didn't look at it. 3 offloads is fine but the rest of his stats are underwhelming.

nah it wasn't convenient, I just plain didn't look at it. 3 offloads is fine but the rest of his stats are underwhelming.

Hence the reason for saying quite a bit and not saying showed a lot.

Arrow did enough to warrant another opportunity. True, 9 runs for 69m doesn't make for great reading, but it should be remembered that a lot of those runs occurred inside the Sharks red-zone where keeping the ball alive was more important. Which is why the three offloads is relevant and showcases the effort he put into his carries.

Stats won't show it, but Jai's contact in defence was among the best of anyone in the team. A lot of Broncos were very submissive in defence, which was my key concern coming out of the match, Arrow was one of the few looking to work over the ball carrier.

Great news for the club. I hope we persevere with McGuire at lock. He did look a bit lost in attack the other night against the Sharks but with time he'll get adjusted to the role.

Great news for the club. I hope we persevere with McGuire at lock. He did look a bit lost in attack the other night against the Sharks but with time he'll get adjusted to the role.

He may have looked a bit lost, because it seems like he'll be playing lock, prop and a bit of hooker this year... probably trying to figure out where the hell he's meant to be haha

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Rowdy124
  • LittleDavey
  • Skyblues87
  • Lozza
  • Cavalo
  • Sproj
  • broncs30
  • Spoon
  • vertigo
  • The Don
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • The Strapper
  • Rookie Alan
  • Emanon
  • Robboi_321
  • Foordy
  • bb_gun
  • Broncosgirl
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.