Josh McGuire will debut as a Maroon next week

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/state-of-origin-2015-josh-mcguire-to-make-maroons-debut-after-earning-bench-spot/story-fniablkr-1227359020652

Well done and well deserved. The man is the next generation of Maroons prop. The number 8 is his to lose.

Well done to Josh ... very well deserved, we are going to miss him while away on origin duty.

best of luck mate ... now go out there and give it to those cockroaches

Well deserved. Josh and Napa will be a awesome front row combination in a few years time.

Sucks, we lose way too many players to origin for me to not get completely annoyed.

Seriously though, I'm a big fan of McGuire and he totally deserves his selection as much as I hate what it does to our team every single year.

Yeah but its well deserved and I think it will make him a better player for it personally, he plays with heart for the Broncos and Samoa, I can see it for the Maroons as well.

Well deserved and hard earnt, congratulations Moose.

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you.

18 NRL players at Lang Park today, walking around for a meeting then getting a bus over to Rydges- but we can't confirm the team until tomorrow! Maccas at Milton got a nice surprise.

18 NRL players at Lang Park today, walking around for a meeting then getting a bus over to Rydges- but we can't confirm the team until tomorrow! Maccas at Milton got a nice surprise.

They were eating maccas?!:redface:

Personally, I thought Napa would have been better suited for that role but I'm happy McGuire is there.

I had my doubts about him in the past, but he deserves a shot now.

It sucks we have to lose him, though. Our forward pack is not looking great for the next game.

Personally, I thought Napa would have been better suited for that role but I'm happy McGuire is there.

I had my doubts about him in the past, but he deserves a shot now.

It sucks we have to lose him, though. Our forward pack is not looking great for the next game.

I actually thought Napa might have got there ahead of Gillett, but anyway, i'm happy for 'Moose' to finally get his maroon jumper ..... i'm sure he'll do us proud.

[h=1]State of Origin 2015: Maroons debutant Josh McGuire survived a horrific car accident as a child[/h]http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-a-child/story-fnp0lyn6-1227360707534?login=1

McGuire’s father, retired war veteran Adam, on Tuesday night recalled the horrific road accident which could have easily killed his son as a four-year-old.
Broncos NRL star McGuire celebrated the high-point of his rugby league career on Tuesday when he was named to make his Queensland debut in Origin I next Wednesday night.

The 25-year-old will become the 180th player to represent the Maroons, but well before he cultivated an Origin dream, McGuire was involved in a shocking motor accident.

McGuire has only faint memories of the moment he went flying out of his child-seat and plunged headfirst into his family car’s windscreen.
His mother, Karlene, sat terrified in the passenger seat, pregnant at the time with McGuire’s younger brother.
“I honestly thought he was gone,” said McGuire Sr, who served 28 years in the Australian Army, retiring after a tour of Afghanistan in 2012.
“We were driving and a car turned across right in front of us, we ploughed into it and the force was so bad Josh came out of his seat and smashed into the windscreen.
“It was horrible. Josh was just a kid, a four-year-old stuck there in the windscreen.

“We feared the worst. There was nothing from him. No sounds, no crying. He spent the night in hospital but thankfully he survived.”
For the next two years, debris from the collision remained embedded in McGuire’s head.
“For a long time we were picking glass out of Josh’s head,” McGuire Sr recalls.
“I remember there would be days where Josh would brush his hair and a piece of glass would just come out of his skin.
“But he never complained ... Josh is as tough as nails.”
The Maroons star doesn’t remember much of his earliest years, but such was the impact of the accident, it lingers in his mind.
“I still remember the moment I went flying into the windscreen,” he said.
“It was pretty traumatic, I got messed up pretty bad with the accident.

“Maybe it explains why I’m missing a few brain cells. It was a long process to get through it, but eventually I came good.”
His Origin career now born, McGuire vowed not to let Queensland down when the 105kg prop runs onto Sydney’s ANZ Stadium.
“I’m ecstatic, it’s a dream come true,” said McGuire, who has played 122 NRL games for the Broncos since his debut in 2009.
“I had a goal that I wanted to make the team this year and to finally get there, I just want to do the selectors and the state of Queensland proud.”

Good on him, but I can't help but feel that him playing for Samoa in MAY is just weird, especially because he played so well for them. I know he has played for QLD in the junior ranks and also trained with Australia but seriously, this is just the kind of thing that confuses the hell out of the game. I should hope that he continues for QLD and Samoa. That means that NZ (and other countries') players could play for NSW/QLD if they match the other requirements. For mine that will really help to bring the game out of these two states. Because it truly is one of - if not THE - best game in the world and it only takes other people watching and understanding that to see it. Unfortunately, if there is confusion in the rules etc it will just be seen as a bit of a mess.

Anyway, Go The Big Show.

Active Now

• Brotherdu
  • Hoof Hearted
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosarethebest
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Skathen
  • Foordy
  • Dash
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Lurker
  • Battler
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dazza 92
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.