Justin Hodges 'Throw'

briareos said:
I reckon Harrison contributed when he put his hand out. He would have been flat on his back but he has twisted to put the hand out.

Are you kidding?? Of course he is going to put his hand out because hes an idiot if he doesnt. He has to brace his fall rather than let his spine take the whole impact.

Hodges is screwed no 2 ways about it. He will do 3-4 weeks i think.

badav said:
briareos said:
I reckon Harrison contributed when he put his hand out. He would have been flat on his back but he has twisted to put the hand out.

Are you kidding?? Of course he is going to put his hand out because hes an idiot if he doesnt. He has to brace his fall rather than let his spine take the whole impact.

The point briareos is trying to make, is that because of Harrison putting his hand out, he's twisted himself in the tackle and made it look much worse than it is.

ningnangnong said:
badav said:
briareos said:

The point briareos is trying to make, is that because of Harrison putting his hand out, he's twisted himself in the tackle and made it look much worse than it is.

yeah no sh*t. but it doesnt make a scrap of difference because harrison is already past the horizontal before his hand goes out. hodges will get suspended we just have to accept it and move on.

Another factor in this one is that Rogers is a Titan. If Hodges doesn't do some time for a similar tackle against another Titan, they'll have a field day in the press and the judiciary will look silly. At least 2 weeks I fear.

Going by the Rogers joke precedent he should get 2 weeks. He didn't drive the tackle through like Rogers did although he did hit the guy late so I honestly think he will get some time off which could be a blessing in disguise because despite another good match he really looks hurt and probably needs a rest.

We have got the test coming up, so they may not suspend him for as long as they would like eusa_think

Harrison has come out & said

Let judiciary decide

My only recollection is being put on my head. The judiciary will deal with that.

I've come out of dummy half, I passed the ball & the tackle was after that.

They'll make the judgement on that.

But his coach said.

I didn't see it when it happened & when the replay happened I didn't get a good look.

I think it was a bit late. I didn't think there was a lot else in it.

Typed from the Sunday Mail.

Hodges charged but free to play
SYDNEY, April 21 AAP - Brisbane centre Justin Hodges was the only player chargedby the NRL match review committee today, but the Test star can escape suspensionwith an early guilty plea.
Hodges was charged with a grade one dangerous throw in the 23rd minute of theBroncos 26-24 loss to Gold Coast on Friday night.
The charge carried a base penalty of 125-points, but an early plea will reducethat to 93-demerit points.
He has until midday tomorrow to enter a plea.

AAP sj/slb

Great news!

Wow cant believe hodges got off!! Im really glad that he did but considering rodgers got 4 weeks i thought he'd get at least 2 weeks.

winnie_992 said:
Wow cant believe hodges got off!! Im really glad that he did but considering rodgers got 4 weeks i thought he'd get at least 2 weeks.

Yeah, you'd reckon that Titans fans would be going "WTF??? Our boy cops 4 and Hodgo get a wrist slap?!".

Bring on the BUNNIES!!!!!!!!

Good work Hodgo! I thought it looked similar to the Rogers incident and that they'd have to suspend him to keep up the facade of consistency.

I guess they were just teaching Rogers a lesson about not mouthing off about other NRL players on his blogs.

9th of May is the test match, so assuming he doesnt get hurt on friday night against the bunnies he will be in side!

Very good news that he can escape suspension, but I'd be even more pissed off if I was a Titans fan now. Going on Rogers' suspension, Hodges should have received two weeks.

Not that it seemed to make much difference to the TIts - they're a pretty damn formidable side regardless of whether Rogers is there or not and I think their win over us will give them plenty of confidence in that regard.

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • simplythebest
  • broncsgoat
  • Mustafur
  • I bleed Maroon
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brotherdu
  • Strop
  • Justwin
  • Battler
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Midean
  • KateBroncos1812
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • porouian
  • BroncoFan94
  • Organix
  • Culhwch
  • Scorchie
... and 36 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.