NEWS Kahu serious

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Travis Meyn breaks bread with Jordan Kahu on his reappearance like a fungal toenail, in tomorrow's Courier Mail:

“The day I departed the Broncos was as sad and emotional as I have been,” Kahu told The Athletes Voice. “I had been around long enough to know I wasn’t fitting into the new coach’s plans. It was frustrating and it hurt. Disappointment was foremost in my mind, but I was also pissed-off.”

Barely 12 moons have passed since the Kiwi international directed his harsh words at the house that Bernie Power built, but like a boomerang lubed with Tom Dearden's morning cream, the Instagram-influencing father of two has now whirlygigged back to Red Hill. And according to him, it's because our cuddly coach digs his dance moves:

“It was weird (returning), but I didn’t leave on too bad a terms. I did a good job of not burning my bridge at the Broncos. I had a connection there. I’ve spent a lot of time there. Seibs came in a month or two before I left. I didn’t really get to know him that well and he didn’t get to know me that well. It was such a shock to be not wanted anymore. That was a bit confronting at first. I was a bit frustrated. It’s good to come back on good terms and be able to prove myself to a new coach who hasn’t coached me before. Seibs and I had a chat on my first day back. He was completely open with me. He told me I was wanted back there. That was a big weight off my shoulders. Not being at training and thinking about how I’d be accepted back into the group was pretty tough. For Seibs to go out of his way, have a chat to me and make sure I was comfortable at a place I’ve spent a lot of time at was nice.”

Well BHQ, if you think this kind of shit happens all the time in the NRL, no siree, this one's a newee. Credit Kahu’s manager Isaac Moses - not the Jewish merchant who founded the Bank of North America, but you get the drift - for gerry-rigging a new fangled type of deal that was effectively a one year test ride, at the end of which they had the option to keep the horse.

But those Cowboys were no rodeo clowns. Back he came, hat in hand. And that hat is now jingling with 400,000 gold coins. Ones that may have been destined for a certain second rower's favoured slot machine.

With the loot clasped tightly in his fist, Jordan surrendered his shoulder to the knife and is now basking poolside waiting for the scab to fall off. Midway through a recent video selfie he promised to rehab the shit out it, aiming to make the Maori All Stars match on February 22. If not that, then Round 1 vs you know who:

“Right now I don’t think anyone has been given a spot. After the end to last year (Broncos’ 58-0 finals loss to Parramatta) they have said to everyone you’ve got to work for your spot now. That’s no different for me. I’ve got to get the shoulder right and prove to (Seibold) I belong in the 17. That’s where I want to be. I didn’t come back here to play Q-Cup (Intrust Super Cup). I’ll do everything I can in my power to be back up there. I think I had a pretty decent year at the Cowboys and proved to myself I could play in the NRL. I’ve definitely got plenty more years in me.”

But in which jersey next?

Last edited:
@McHunt I am curious as to what you do for a career? How do you earn a crust?

I tried crack once, but it tasted like shit. Haven't we heard this crap off others and likewise mocked players like JHayne who said similar when he returned from the non contact sport over in the USA? Don't lie Jordan, your back for the money and to try milk a good deal over in England

Saw some dude in Leichhardt today wearing a Hayne NFL jersey. Crazy times.

Last edited:
Clearly , someone that writes for a living. Or, at least, should do. But I think it's best for BHQ not to delve here and enjoy the updates, which are far better than the originals.
I get paid about what I'm worth here.

We've gone from reading to professional shit to amateur shit
Sorry, I know it's not the popular opinion on here, but I just find these new extended McHunt posts too hard to read - half the time I don't know what he's on about

Sorry, I know it's not the popular opinion on here, but I just find these new extended McHunt posts too hard to read - half the time I don't know what he's on about
B91E58B4 19A5 4388 9E4E E920939B3EB4

Seems to have been given poetic license and gone off the deep end with it.

You're right, it's unmitigated self-indulgent wank. Here's the TL;DR version:

Kahu's agent subcontracted him to NQ with a one year get out clause. Badmouthed us on the way out. Was a dud there, so he's back now. No one's forgotten the serve and he recently doubled down. But says the coach wants him back. No one can take that seriously. And he's taken money that could've gone to Fifita. Currently recovering from shoulder surgery. Expects to beat estimates and be back for week one. No one expects him to be selected.

Let me know if you want anything else explained in simple English.

Last edited:
Interesting Kahu is managed by Moses - the same as Siebold. Also interesting the new-fangled deal where we let the Cowboys have Kahu for a year but still had a liability for him in 2020. To be blunt, these managers look like they are getting far too much power and control over clubs. It's a particularly bad look when one manager has the coach and a large number of players in his portfolio.

Interesting Kahu is managed by Moses - the same as Siebold. Also interesting the new-fangled deal where we let the Cowboys have Kahu for a year but still had a liability for him in 2020. To be blunt, these managers look like they are getting far too much power and control over clubs. It's a particularly bad look when one manager has the coach and a large number of players in his portfolio.

It sucks, unfortunately we have to get used to it. Managers all around the world now control their respective sports.

It sucks, unfortunately we have to get used to it. Managers all around the world now control their respective sports.
OK Gordie.

But seriously, when Tallis alluded to Moses having too much power at the Broncos, I wondered why there isn't a transition path from player to player manager. Nothing is stopping Tallis from jumping on a plane and scouting the Gulf Country & PNG for overlooked youngsters who might become his protege. This is exactly what the game needs.

He could even solve another of the Broncos' problems by transitioning Macca from full time player to full time hostelier.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Mustafur
  • I bleed Maroon
  • barker
  • Foordy
  • cento
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.