NEWS Kahu serious

Anyone who doesn't like the write ups can always just pay for a subscription and then come discuss what they read ay.

And they can keep their opinions to themselves

Interesting Kahu is managed by Moses - the same as Siebold. Also interesting the new-fangled deal where we let the Cowboys have Kahu for a year but still had a liability for him in 2020. To be blunt, these managers look like they are getting far too much power and control over clubs. It's a particularly bad look when one manager has the coach and a large number of players in his portfolio.
I think you're 100% right about the Moses situation leaving everything open to question and putting everyone in potentially awkward situations.

That said, I actually didn't mind the Kahu deal in theory and I think if it was handled better, there is actually some merit for this on a wider scale in the NRL.

Allowing clubs to take a player's contract on for a season or even part of a season could really help clubs better manage their salary cap situations and stop players from languishing in lower grades on big contracts when other clubs might be able to better use them.

In an ideal world, we'd front end other deals with Kahu off our books for the year, and ideally he'd perform well enough that he could win himself a new deal elsewhere. Obviously this didn't work out, but even with him coming back this year, if we made good use of his funds coming off our cap last year, it still could have proven worth it, and that's despite him being constantly busted and his form being generally poor, which is about as bad as the whole deal could really have gone.

Thanks the vote of confidence fellas. At this stage, I'm just happy not to be banned.
Mate if you get banned there will be a few cross words flying in these forums. What you are doing has brought a breath of fresh air to the mundane, puff pieces of rumour, innuendo and downright lies that we've all had to read over the last three decades.

Journos think they can polish a turd and put the words Broncos before and after and we'll read it with glee. The reason I won't pay the subscription money to go behind their paywall is I refuse to shell out hard earned lucre to some shyster that wants to lie to me.

You keep up the good work matey. Even if your humour is a tad dry at times - who cares? It takes all sorts to make a world.

And to the ones who don't like what you are doing I have this to say -
Always remember...if your life seems dull and dreary...
...It IS!

I think you're 100% right about the Moses situation leaving everything open to question and putting everyone in potentially awkward situations.

That said, I actually didn't mind the Kahu deal in theory and I think if it was handled better, there is actually some merit for this on a wider scale in the NRL.

Allowing clubs to take a player's contract on for a season or even part of a season could really help clubs better manage their salary cap situations and stop players from languishing in lower grades on big contracts when other clubs might be able to better use them.

In an ideal world, we'd front end other deals with Kahu off our books for the year, and ideally he'd perform well enough that he could win himself a new deal elsewhere. Obviously this didn't work out, but even with him coming back this year, if we made good use of his funds coming off our cap last year, it still could have proven worth it, and that's despite him being constantly busted and his form being generally poor, which is about as bad as the whole deal could really have gone.
Not sure I agree with that position. I get where you're coming from but it promotes a fairly mercenary look for the game where players are just a resource to be exploited or moved on (which is the reality anyway i guess.)

Not sure it would help terribly with players on larger contracts in lower grades either. They already have the opportunity to show off their form in cup and if they're on the outer at their current club could always get grantef a release to go elsewhere.

But anyway i think the bigger issue with Kahu is it wasn't reported as a loan, but as a release. Then all of a sudden he's back after a year up north, and it turns out the guy who organised it also represents the coach and a large chunk of our squad. You'd have to wonder if a different player manager would have been able to get the same type of deal.

Not sure I agree with that position. I get where you're coming from but it promotes a fairly mercenary look for the game where players are just a resource to be exploited or moved on (which is the reality anyway i guess.)

Not sure it would help terribly with players on larger contracts in lower grades either. They already have the opportunity to show off their form in cup and if they're on the outer at their current club could always get grantef a release to go elsewhere.

But anyway i think the bigger issue with Kahu is it wasn't reported as a loan, but as a release. Then all of a sudden he's back after a year up north, and it turns out the guy who organised it also represents the coach and a large chunk of our squad. You'd have to wonder if a different player manager would have been able to get the same type of deal.
Well, sadly, they are a resource to be bought and sold and traded by the clubs. It's not at a level like in football, but it's definitely true to a fair extent. I get that it perhaps sounds a bit mercenary, but in reality, Kahu was far better served attempting to play out a season in North Queensland than languishing in Queensland Cup. All parties (us, Cowboys and Kahu) stood to gain if it worked out well. Obviously it didn't for a number of reasons, but it could have easily gone the other way and been a good result for all parties with Kahu getting a new contract.

I do agree though that it was handled poorly by the Broncos in not explaining it properly at the time. I don't think it was necessarily all cloak and dagger or anything too sinister, but I do think the fans deserved to know what was happening with Kahu in a more transparent fashion than what took place. Hypothetically, if that had been the case, I think fans would have been on board with what they were attempting to do and it wouldn't have left such a bad taste in everyone's mouth when Kahu was sent back to us. I'm not saying it would have made it totally ok, but it certainly would have calmed some of the anger and distress amongst the fans.

Last edited:
Thanks the vote of confidence fellas. At this stage, I'm just happy not to be banned.

Well, I think you write a lot of rubbish, but nothing worth copping a ban over!

Plus, it seems most others like you, so there you have it :)

Mate you contribute more then most here and your write ups are bloody spot on, if people don’t like a bit of humour thrown in there, then they can get over it because beggars can’t be choosers. We are lucky someone can be fucked to do a write up in the first place.
Please don’t stop feeding us information because a few ungrateful ***** have a sook

OK Gordie.

But seriously, when Tallis alluded to Moses having too much power at the Broncos, I wondered why there isn't a transition path from player to player manager. Nothing is stopping Tallis from jumping on a plane and scouting the Gulf Country & PNG for overlooked youngsters who might become his protege. This is exactly what the game needs.

He could even solve another of the Broncos' problems by transitioning Macca from full time player to full time hostelier.
Or he could just take him to png and subsequently leave him there

Well, I think you write a lot of rubbish, but nothing worth copping a ban over!

Plus, it seems most others like you, so there you have it :)
You just have to treat it as satire which is the way I think McHunt intends it, I enjoy his take on the articles and the humour he injects (and you have to appreciate the effort he is going to in providing this service to us). If you find that reading it twists your jimmies, don't read it (is my simple advice).

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Foordy
  • teampjta
  • Xzei
  • Browny
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.