NEWS Karl Morris: Anthony is fine

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Broncos Chairman Karl Morris admits it might be time to start thinking about doing some thinking some time in the future:

“A significant amount of the criticism is well deserved. We have to do better and that is from the board right down to the players and I will make sure this is addressed. I understand the fallout is significant because we know we are letting a lot of people down. Of course we are thinking about this. The board communicates regularly on an almost weekly basis. We are putting the building blocks in place to make sure the club gets back to where it should be. I don’t think there is a culture problem, it is not as deep-seated as that."

“We have had some ill-discipline which has reflected badly on the whole organisation and unfortunately that has damaged and upset a lot of people. We have to stop those sorts of issues.”

Building blocks are in place

Famous for doing his thinking on the fly, fan favourite firebrand, Gorden Tallis insists:

"They need to start drilling now. If nothing changes then nothing changes. The time for talking from Karl is over. The fans, members and players need action now. There has been a lot of talk coming out of the club but it’s actions that people will take notice of. What are they waiting six weeks for? I don’t understand what they’re waiting for. If they can make decisions now they will get a six-week head start. You need as much time as possible to get some traction moving forward with the changes you want to make.”

But Karl remains steadfast: thinking about doing some thinking later on, takes time. And now is not the time to be thinking about thinking about the coach:

“After the first two games I thought ‘how good are we going'. There is no doubt that for a whole range of reasons, the pandemic, the change of rules and the lockdown ... these factors have made it an extremely trying and difficult year. I have spoken to Anthony and he is fine. We respect his family issues. He has to sort that out first."

“I’m not making any comment in regards to Anthony’s future. I have to respect his privacy and that’s what I will do.”

McHunt

Last edited:
What's the background story on this Karl Morris fella anyway ?

Not that i really listen to what he has to say, but Alan Jones had a real dig at him on his show on Sky News a couple of weeks ago...saying he is unfit to lead a big company like the Broncos.

There is no doubt that for a whole range of reasons, the pandemic, the change of rules and the lockdown ... these factors have made it an extremely trying and difficult year.
STFU about this. Everyone has had to deal with it. Why not address, for once, why we have dealt with it far worse than any other club? And obviously it's ignoring the shocking decision to appoint Seibold and the shocking roster management.

Nothing will change with these people in charge.

What's the background story on this Karl Morris fella anyway ?

Not that i really listen to what he has to say, but Alan Jones had a real dig at him on his show on Sky News a couple of weeks ago...saying he is unfit to lead a big company like the Broncos.
He's a stockbroker. CEO of Ord Minnett. Worked his way up from the scrip desk. He understands capital markets and floating stocks. Maybe not so much the feet on the ground.

Everyone has checked out. The chairman has checked out, the CEO has checked out... everyone at the joint has checked out.
Yep. But it's not like they're in the last week and the finish line in sight, there's still 7 weeks to go . Anything could happen in that time the way things are headed.

Broncos Chairman Karl Morris admits it might be time to start thinking about doing some thinking some time in the future:

“A significant amount of the criticism is well deserved. We have to do better and that is from the board right down to the players and I will make sure this is addressed. I understand the fallout is significant because we know we are letting a lot of people down. Of course we are thinking about this. The board communicates regularly on an almost weekly basis. We are putting the building blocks in place to make sure the club gets back to where it should be. I don’t think there is a culture problem, it is not as deep-seated as that."

“We have had some ill-discipline which has reflected badly on the whole organisation and unfortunately that has damaged and upset a lot of people. We have to stop those sorts of issues.”

View attachment 9345
Building blocks are in place

Famous for doing his thinking on the fly, fan favourite fanbrand, Gorden Tallis insists:

"They need to start drilling now. If nothing changes then nothing changes. The time for talking from Karl is over. The fans, members and players need action now. There has been a lot of talk coming out of the club but it’s actions that people will take notice of. What are they waiting six weeks for? I don’t understand what they’re waiting for. If they can make decisions now they will get a six-week head start. You need as much time as possible to get some traction moving forward with the changes you want to make.”

But Karl remains steadfast: thinking about doing some thinking later on, takes time. And now is not the time to be thinking about thinking about the coach:

“After the first two games I thought ‘how good are we going'. There is no doubt that for a whole range of reasons, the pandemic, the change of rules and the lockdown ... these factors have made it an extremely trying and difficult year. I have spoken to Anthony and he is fine. We respect his family issues. He has to sort that out first."

“I’m not making any comment in regards to Anthony’s future. I have to respect his privacy and that’s what I will do.”

McHunt
FFS even a statement from our chair -person fills me with feelings of uncertainty and dread. This guy fails miserably to 'read the room' in fact I'd go as far as to say he's not even in the same building us the rest of us.

Speed of a striking sloth comes to mind.

It's like watching paint dry.,,,,in the dark. FMD!

All talk and no action. Why has he let it get so far before thinking perhaps it was time to put some building blocks in to redress this apparent collapse in our club culture?

We have a saying in Glasgow that describes this sort of attitude of inaction that belies the position he holds "Fur coat and nae knickers". He's an absolute fraud as well if this is all he can manage to come with after the near collapse of our club.

"We have had some ill-discipline" - if he thinks that is our main issue that needs addressing I think News Ltd should be paying for another 'positions vacant' ad pretty damn quick for a REAL Chair-person. The old saying of 'birds of a feather' expalins exactly how the present guy in the coaches position got the gig. Their lack of ability to even act re-actively to a crisis is now pretty obvious for all to see.

Just had a mate in Canberra text me asking WTF is going on up there. He was listening to ABC Canberra on the way into work and they were in howls of laughter reporting on the farce that is now the Broncos. Morris needs to understand his inaction has led to us becoming the laughing stock of the nation.

They meet almost weekly??? They’ve got the biggest crisis in the club’s history and they are meeting almost weekly?

The club is almost ruined.

This is prime example of dan Andrews not owning up to his fuckup because it will end his career. Same as these FUCKWITS not admitting that there is a huge fucking problem at the club from top to bottom and it’s happened under their watch. They are on their own personal damage control, they lack a spine and it looks awfully like our players who also lack a spine.

Get stuffed.

Active Now

• Bish
  • Sproj
  • sooticus
  • Bronx48
  • Battler
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Johnny92
  • Browny
  • LittleDavey
  • broncos4life
  • Skyblues87
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncotville
  • bert_lifts
  • Nerd
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Foordy
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.