NEWS Karl Morris: Seibold is absolutely safe

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Club chairman Karl Morris, after attending the game in Gosford, tells the Courier Mail something might need to be done some time:

“Poor discipline, poor defence and a very ordinary game to watch."

“If we’ve got a capitulation of very highly paid players who just aren’t performing, sooner or later you’ve got to act on that. That’s the conversation we’ll be having. The board’s role is to talk to Paul White and Anthony Seibold about this.”

“We’ve got a board meeting next Friday and we’ll be asking some questions. The board has got to be supportive of Anthony Seibold. Anthony will present to the board. We can’t panic this early in the season. His job is absolutely safe. I’m positive he’ll get it together. I have complete faith in him. It was always going to take some time to get back on track. We knew Anthony was inheriting some difficult contract issues with the roster he inherited.”

61abfab1a586813e429c0b700b220c73

Difficult contract issues

Seibold, too, agrees something might need to be done some time:

“There’s no doubt we need more from our elite players. There was plenty of effort there at different times but we’re not playing smart. Maybe I need to look at making some changes.”

Even CEO Paul White is saying something might need to be done some time:

“There’s no excuses here. When we lose, everyone at the club hurts and if there’s anyone not hurting after a performance like that then they have to question their place at the Broncos. I’m hoping the response of the playing group this week (against the Titans) reflects that. This is a talented group of players, they showed that in the opening rounds against the Cowboys and the Rabbitohs (with two consecutive wins), but at this moment in time they need a change of mindset.”

Letter

Just one example of something that might need to be done

“We all bleed. We’re not trying to dismiss this. We played some wonderful football for the first two games of the season but clearly we haven’t managed the transition out of COVID well enough at all. We understand our members and supporters and sponsors demand far more than what is being delivered – and there will be an appropriate response on the field in the weeks ahead. How we act in the tough times defines who we are as individuals and as a club – we trust the path we have mapped out and the players and coaching staff we have here at the club – and we ask our members and supporters to stay the course with us.”

Darren Lockyer agrees, something might need to be done some time:

“The entire Broncos playing group needs a good honest conversation to say, ‘Why are we like this? What are we doing and how do we fix it?’ Only the current group can find the answers. There is no magic fix.”

Thumb alittle less conversation alittle moreaction memegenerator net a little less conversatio

Lockyer to Broncos: don't listen to Elvis

And finally Alex Glenn gives a time frame. That would be now:

“We have to fix it right away. We have to have some tough conversations. Do you want to be playing for this team? We’re a professional team and we have to have each other’s backs.”

Best pencil that in for next Tuesday, Alex.

McHunt

Last edited:
Honesty sessions.
Any Harvard courses for that?
In all seriousness the board couldn't give a damn, it seems pretty clear. As long as they're financially ok, that's all this clubs cares about.
Pretty sad.

Last edited:
Better get used to empty stadiums then

I thought Seibold was in a performance based job. I can’t even imagine the kind of job security he has.

Ummmmm the board has a scheduled meeting for next Friday? Why isn’t there a snap meeting for Monday? Are you serious? I hope your share price plummets!

League and sports in general need to catch up to the rest of the commercial world if that’s the realm they want to occupy. Surely it’s a condition of the contract to perform in your employed role. If not, it’s more like the Catholic Church where you are protected, no matter of what you do.

I’m a contract worker with the uni, and they’d tear up my contract if I strayed from my role.

So you’re saying, If the uni paid you a million dollars and you consistently didn’t show up but when you do show up you stand to the side of the lecture hall waiting for students to teach themselves, that the uni would in fact sack you?

Crazy.

Ummmmm the board has a scheduled meeting for next Friday? Why isn’t there a snap meeting for Monday? Are you serious? I hope your share price plummets!

It's not even going to be useful for anything. White will be asked his opinion and he'll be like "I'm not here next year so I have no comment to make.". He has no choice really but to do everything to distance himself from the club as much as possible so he doesn't jeopardize whatever his new job is.

This rhetoric sounds all to similar to quotes we heard directly after being bungled out of the finals and what fat lot of good that did.

No wonder our team operates without a spine, our club leadership is spineless.

They will only have themselves to blame when players, sponsers and fans jump ship to the second brisbane team.

This rhetoric sounds all to similar to quotes we heard directly after being bungled out of the finals and what fat lot of good that did.

No wonder our team operates without a spine, our club leadership is spineless.

They will only have themselves to blame when players, sponsers and fans jump ship to the second brisbane team.
Yep, this is the headline the CM went with. Now when have we heard that before?

Screenshot 2020 06 19 Broncos NRL Team The Courier Mail

yes he is. no one pays out three and a half years of contract in this code.

How many years did Henjak and Griffin have in their contracts before they were turfed?

yes he is. no one pays out three and a half years of contract in this code.

some clubs do ... at one point several years ago, the Tigers were paying 3 coaches

secondly read Chris Garry's article about this contract ... the club have protected themselves with a performance clause, which if triggered would limit Seibs payout

Not sure mate. Maybe one and a bit when contract were 3 years max. They were the days. On that note, I thought of those shit times today. Remember hook got the arse on the back of that Cronulla loss when we were run down from 24 nil? What we’d give for a 24 nil lead now. Shows how standards have slipped from admin down when he got shafted for less than what’s unfolding now.
I could get shouted down but we could do worse than him now in the lifecycle of this team. He had his faults but did improve young players under his watch.
[automerge]1592565269[/automerge]
How many years did Henjak and Griffin have in their contracts before they were turfed?
apologies mate reply is above

Last edited:
When the chairman has to make commentary on the football club operations (and not the company), you can be assured they are worried!

Active Now

• Browny
  • Bucking Beads
  • Santa
  • jd87
  • Fatboy
  • bb_gun
  • Fitzy
  • mrslong
  • FACTHUNT
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.