NEWS Karl Morris: Seibold is absolutely safe

oh no ... the full support of the board statement

I give him a week, lol
This.

I thought his ‘5 year contract’ had some KPI’s in it that if not met we wouldn’t have to pay out the whole contract? That could have just been a fantasy of mine though.

This.

I thought his ‘5 year contract’ had some KPI’s in it that if not met we wouldn’t have to pay out the whole contract? That could have just been a fantasy of mine though.

Well if there are any I doubt he’s meeting them at the moment.

This.

Seeing this has been mentioned in this thread and the forum, including quotes about 50 times in the last week you can probably assume it is a thing.

Seeing this has been mentioned in this thread and the forum, including quotes about 50 times in the last week you can probably assume it is a thing.
I’m having a hard time navigating this site recently. Post’s threads/ don’t open etc so I missed them. But yeah it’s good that we won’t have to pay him out when we sack him in about 6 weeks.

This.

Chris Garry has mentioned them numerous times before Petey "Scoop.. even if they're made up" Badel comes out and plants stories all over the place for NSWRL media. to jump on... I mean Buzzed Rothfield has already admitted that he gets all his information about Qld from Peter.

In regards to the KPI's I'm guessing that they are setup in regards to results over the course of the year... so in order to sack him based on results, and therefore limit the payout, they would need to wait to the end of the year results.

Unless there is a KPI for achieving a minimum 50% win ratio, or something like that, and at some point in the season this can't be achieved then they could sack him... but Covid is not exactly the environment to be sacking and bringing in new coaches with all the quarantine requirements, so we would be stuck with an interim coach (i.e. someone from Seibold's staff), until the intended interim coach gets through quarantine and would then have to wait however long for further coaching changes to be implemented to match up with the new interim coach

Last edited:
Chris Garry has mentioned them numerous times before Petey "Scoop.. even if they're made up" Badel comes out and plants stories all over the place for NSWRL media. to jump on... I mean Buzzed Rothfield has already admitted that he gets all his information about Qld from Peter.

In regards to the KPI's I'm guessing that they are setup in regards to results over the course of the year... so in order to sack him based on results, and therefore limit the payout, they would need to wait to the end of the year results.

Unless there is a KPI for achieving a minimum 50% win ratio, or something like that, and at some point in the season this can't be achieved then they could sack him... but Covid is not exactly the environment to be sacking and bringing in new coaches with all the quarantine requirements, so we would be stuck with an interim coach (i.e. someone from Seibold's staff), until the intended interim coach gets through quarantine and would then have to wait however long for further coaching changes to be implemented to match up with the new interim coach
Yeah I get all that but I just think regardless of any KPI nonsense sielbold will be relatively safe as long as White is around but once he goes Siebold will have to deliver or he will be gone.

Yeah I get all that but I just think regardless of any KPI nonsense sielbold will be relatively safe as long as White is around but once he goes Siebold will have to deliver or he will be gone.
I don't really think White has that much say in the coaching direction... he doesn't really seem like the kind of guy that would hang his career on a rookie coach or the kind of guy that would overextend his reach as a power play (i.e. Bruno Cullen appeared to be behind the first Bennett cull... and subsequent bringing in of 08 generation).

White seems more like a company man that will do what's needed of him, so in that sense I get the feeling that it is more the board that is influencing decisions and White is just playing the role of executioner... which is what CEO's do.

I think the club will look to back Seibold through to at least 2021... he's currently performing a hatchet job on the roster and wearing a lot flak. At the end of 2021 the salary cap opens up so at this point there is an opportunity to reset the roster and mold it around the coach. If the team is performing under Seibold by this point they will stick by him and let him mold the team... otherwise a new coach coming in has some flexibility on the roster and won't have to deal with a shit ton of terrible contracts and can start fresh.

Last edited:

i don't know how many times this needs to be said but White DOES NOT appoint the coach unilaterally ... it is a board decision.

in fact the other 2 members on the sub-committee to find Bennett's replacement were board members Darren Lockyer and Karl Morris (neither of whom are going anywhere)

I don't really think White has that much say in the coaching direction... he doesn't really seem like the kind of guy that would hang his career on a rookie coach or the kind of guy that would overextend his reach as a power play (i.e. Bruno Cullen appeared to be behind the first Bennett cull... and subsequent bringing in of 08 generation).

White seems more like a company man that will do what's needed of him, so in that sense I get the feeling that it is more the board that is influencing decisions and White is just playing the role of executioner... which is what CEO's do.

I think the club will look to back Seibold through to at least 2021... he's currently performing a hatchet job on the roster and wearing a lot flak. At the end of 2021 the salary cap opens up so at this point there is an opportunity to reset the roster and mold it around the coach. If the team is performing under Seibold by this point they will stick by him and let him mold the team... otherwise a new coach coming in has some flexibility on the roster and won't have to deal with a shit ton of terrible contracts and can start fresh.

I agree with everything said here, except Seibs won't get until the end of 2021 ... at most he'll get until the end of this year and he probably only gets that because of the circumstances of the 2020 season

So the board punted Wayne & appointed Seibold. Whether you supported this decision or not isn't really important. What is important is the club has gone backwards since. Maybe Karl Morris needs to buy a mirror to see the problem. I have never in my 36 years of employment worked in a successful operation where success didn't come from the people running the show. You can have the greatest employees, but it counts for little if the ship has no rudder.

So the board punted Wayne & appointed Seibold. Whether you supported this decision or not isn't really important. What is important is the club has gone backwards since. Maybe Karl Morris needs to buy a mirror to see the problem. I have never in my 36 years of employment worked in a successful operation where success didn't come from the people running the show. You can have the greatest employees, but it counts for little if the ship has no rudder.
I wish you would all forget about the ships, they got burned with the boats, we are a shipless organisation.

At least we finally got some honesty I guess. Seibold is safe ha.

Any chance the Warriors are taking Seibold so they had to sack Kearney yesterday? 😂😂

It does bring some much needed stability to the club. The last thing we need is further instability; we could count some of our talent gone if that were to occur at this stage.
To me, the fact he has to come out and say it indicates instability. But we’ll see.

It does bring some much needed stability to the club. The last thing we need is further instability; we could count some of our talent gone if that were to occur at this stage.
We can count some of our talent gone if he stays. Who'd want to play for a coach with no plans and get rinsed every week.

Salary cap also lowers probably due to the change in revenue. I wouldn’t be holding onto this pipe dream of Boyd’s salary making a difference. We will still have Bird and Milf and the Boyd $ will probably go to FiFi.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.