• No train, no pay

Votes: 29 35.8%
  • Sack manager

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • Youth dentention centre

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • 3am visit from Shane Webke

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Real estate with his agent (who is now banned)

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Basically just get fucked

Votes: 43 53.1%

• Total voters
I really love this podcast but someone needs to turn Guru’s mic off, **** me just shut the **** up dude.

I was disappointed that Kempy didn’t even try to make it a balanced argument and basically said let’s judge the Broncos under the premise that everything the kid said was true. No mention of the fact that he only became disgruntled when his new manager needed a cut and he thought he could get more money.

I get that his co-hosts love putting the boot into the Broncos but as a former Bronco you would think we could get a fair shake from at least one person in the media.
Good luck finding anyone fairer, yet retaining a devout Broncos bias, than Denan. Could it be us who aren't balanced? It made me stand back from the whole picture and wonder.

I really love this podcast but someone needs to turn Guru’s mic off, **** me just shut the **** up dude.

I was disappointed that Kempy didn’t even try to make it a balanced argument and basically said let’s judge the Broncos under the premise that everything the kid said was true. No mention of the fact that he only became disgruntled when his new manager needed a cut and he thought he could get more money.

I get that his co-hosts love putting the boot into the Broncos but as a former Bronco you would think we could get a fair shake from at least one person in the media.
Kemp is more willing to give players the benefit of the doubt because he knows from experience clubs will lie and manipulate the media to pressure players into leaving the club.

Good luck finding anyone fairer, yet retaining a devout Broncos bias, than Denan. Could it be us who aren't balanced? It made me stand back from the whole picture and wonder.
The argument isn’t balanced if you don’t put that info in. It’s fine to present that part and then say “I don’t believe that though a manager wouldn’t do that it is all the Broncos fault” but without putting that in it isn’t a balanced discussion.

Kemp is more willing to give players the benefit of the doubt because he knows from experience clubs will lie and manipulate the media to pressure players into leaving the club.
I understand that but to not even mention it? If anyone was unaware of the situation and listened to that they would walk away wondering when we are going to be sanctioned.

I understand that but to not even mention it? If anyone was unaware of the situation and listened to that they would walk away wondering when we are going to be sanctioned.
Because it's another can of worms and Kemp's whole brand is built on representing the player's view. He owns his Broncos bias, but Bloke isn't a podcast about the game from a Broncos perspective.

At the end of the day the club has lost the game’s most promising young half and have no one to blame but themselves.

I’ve said It before but it doesn’t even matter if there is no truth to what he said and it’s all purely an entitled kid and a sleazy manager - at the end of the day people at the club are getting paid huge salaries to identify and retain that sort of talent. They failed yet again.

Karl’s side of the story is glaringly similar to the Walker story.

At the end of the day the club has lost the game’s most promising young half and have no one to blame but themselves.

I’ve said It before but it doesn’t even matter if there is no truth to what he said and it’s all purely an entitled kid and a sleazy manager - at the end of the day people at the club are getting paid huge salaries to identify and retain that sort of talent. They failed yet again.

Karl’s side of the story is glaringly similar to the Walker story.
at the end of the day an 18yr old and his manager tried to hold the club to ransom , doesn't matter what we did to get him to sign because we were excused by the NRL of any wrong doing.
pretty sure you were against Payne Haas do the same but it's all good for an 18 year old with no nrl games to his name but **** the guy who is an international player.
your negativity towards the club is getting old 😴

at the end of the day an 18yr old and his manager tried to hold the club to ransom , doesn't matter what we did to get him to sign because we were excused by the NRL of any wrong doing.
pretty sure you were against Payne Haas do the same but it's all good for an 18 year old with no nrl games to his name but **** the guy who is an international player.
your negativity towards the club is getting old 😴
You’ve misrepresented me. I don’t think it’s okay for Payne, Karl or either manager but it’s not their responsibility to sign and retain broncos players. We still have the best young forward in the world in Haas but we no longer have the best young half.

Jesus christ. Imagine saying Denan Kemp didn't give the club a fair shake.

You’ve misrepresented me. I don’t think it’s okay for Payne, Karl or either manager but it’s not their responsibility to sign and retain broncos players. We still have the best young forward in the world in Haas but we no longer have the best young half.
no we don't but to blame the Broncos for what happened is pretty harsh , the situation sux but if we bowed down to his requests than we would be back at the bottom handing out upgrades for all promising junior's.

Because it's another can of worms and Kemp's whole brand is built on representing the player's view. He owns his Broncos bias, but Bloke isn't a podcast about the game from a Broncos perspective.
I didn’t want it to be from a Broncos perspective I wanted both sides of the issue presented the same as if it was any other club. I’ll guess I’ll just have to settle for Guru talking about how hot the players are and how every player is super talented.

Is he the best young half? I thought Katoa was apparently, or Gray or [insert random kid here] that is going to be the next Cleary.

Seems like a good result maybe considering the relationship may be already broken. I mean the 500k!? Transfer fee… win win. broncs not over paying for potential, taking advantage of Gus who will; due to being in an all or nothing reward scenario.

500k pays for a lot of chicken sandwiches. Could also pay for someone with people and communication skills to handle future talent better, assuming the kids claims were mostly correct.

It's amazing to me people can't see what happened, the manager wanted a slice of the pie and wasn't going to get a slice, unless he found a new deal.

I didn’t want it to be from a Broncos perspective I wanted both sides of the issue presented the same as if it was any other club. I’ll guess I’ll just have to settle for Guru talking about how hot the players are and how every player is super talented.
That's how it would have been presented regardless of club. Otherwise it becomes a separate discussion about managers wielding too much power and ruining careers by not having their player's best interests in mind. Even so, it's difficult to spin it that way considering the Dogs appear to be on the rise.

I never get tired of hearing which talent is braining the lower levels and happen to be the real deal.

I genuinely can't remember. What was his situation during sandwich gate? Was he between managers, did he actually sign something that day etc?

I genuinely can't remember. What was his situation during sandwich gate? Was he between managers, did he actually sign something that day etc?

Pretty sure he brother was there when he signed.

Hope Karl flops big time.

They agreed to terms in November of 2021.

The day the contract was set to be signed, Karl and his family parted ways with their manager. When Karl went to sign the contract, all he was concerned with was whether he'd be in the NRL squad, he'd be considered a five-eighth and he'd get to meet Walters.

Things came to a head on November 1st when Karl found out he wasn't in the NRL squad. The Broncos also informed him they considered him a lock/dummy half and wanted him to change his body shape.

Adamson allegedly requested a 'letter of offer' and the club claimed they lost it.

The Broncos claimed Karl's manager requested a substantial upgrade and months prior and had been trying to work with Oloapu's camp.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • MrMoore
  • Lostboy
  • Old Mate
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.