OFFICIAL Kelly stays a Bronco

Albert Kelly has agreed to a one-year extension to remain with the Broncos through 2022:

“We dipped into our life savings to get home. I had an offer to stay in the Super League but I just wanted to get home and give the NRL one last crack."

“When I went to England, I robbed my kids of the chance to see their cousins, their grandparents and their family for so long.
“The main thing for me was bringing my kids home to be closer to family and then I had a slight chance with the Broncos so I just thought ‘give it all you have got’."

“It cost us an arm and a leg to come home but I backed myself and it’s panned out well so far. I’ve been playing the game for a long time and I just love playing it at any level. I can see the success coming at the Broncos so I wanted to stick around. I can see how hard the guys work and how talented they are. We’ve got some good players coming in so it’s going to be a bright future. I’m very grateful to the Broncos for giving me a chance. Hopefully I can pay them back with some success.”

“I want to be in the 17, if that’s playing at six or 14, I’m not fussed. As long as I get some time on the field. I’m more of a natural runner so five-eighth suits me to a tee. I’ve known Adam since high school. We always played against each other and hopefully next year we can form a combination together instead. We played in the Arrive Alive Cup. Patrician Brothers’ Blacktown played Matraville in the grand final and they touched us up."

“The Broncos have been speaking about how we can get these results over the next few weeks. The goal is to get some wins on the board before the season ends. That will give us confidence going into the pre-season.”

Walters:

“Alby has settled in here nicely, he is a great fella, loves his footy and I love his attitude. He has worked hard to drop the weight and he is back in the side and enjoying his footy. We want to get a proper pre-season into Albert and we feel he can make a big contribution to our team, not only in the next two or three weeks but next year when Adam comes in. He’s a backyard footy player, you take into consideration the clothesline, the concrete path, the garden bed, he is aware of all those angles and positions."

“He has a great feel for the game and that’s what the game needs with the speed of the game these days. You need some instinct in your play and Albert and Cody Walker have those traits. He isn’t in Cody Walker’s league but with another pre-season, he can do some great things for us next year.”

McHunt

He’s a backyard footy player, you take into consideration the clothesline, the concrete path, the garden bed, he is aware of all those angles and positions.

Haha what the heck?

And also - Alby? Nope, too many Seiby vibes.

Haha what the heck?

And also - Alby? Nope, too many Seiby vibes.
Pretty fair analogy, I’d say.

Just like Milf is a drive-thru footy player. Knows where all the venues are, the shortcuts (both to get there and the fact it’s the easiest way to get his nom-noms), where the ordering and collections windows are, the waiting bays. Everything.

It’s instinctual.

Active Now

• Wendall Taylor
  • Culhwch
  • BRC088
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Fozz
  • HarryAllan7
  • NSW stables
  • broncoscope
  • Fatboy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Wolfie
  • jd87
  • abashii
  • rj9
  • Midean
  • kiwibronco
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.