International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Kennar Hits The Ground Running

Author
broncos.com.au
Timestamp
Wed 30 Jan 2019, 07:33 PM

FORMER Rabbitohs' and Storm player Richie Kennar is going through his first week at Broncos' training.
And it is tough when you start in a new place a few months behind the rest.
The 24-year-old outside back has signed to play with affiliate club Wynnum Seagulls.
He has played 17 NRL games at two clubs, including an eight-game stint last year that netted seven tries for the Bunnies.
Kennar has obviously been mentored by Broncos' coach Anthony Seibold previously.
But he said while starting behind the rest of the squad was not ideal, but he is keen to build on his NRL total.
"I only started on Monday so I have missed most of the pre-season," he said.
"But it was good to get the cobwebs out.
"The boys have been very welcoming so that has made it easy to fit in.
"Having not done the pre-season work before Christmas makes it a bit tough.
"But I have worked under 'Seibs' for a couple of years now, and it is pretty much the same.
"It is still tough and the lungs are still getting used to it."

https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2019/01/30/kennar-hits-the-ground-running/

Not gonna lie, completely forgot he had been signed.

Who have we signed this off-season? Apart from Fensom, and of course Seibold. Been very boring player-wise.

@Smokin' Joe @talanoa @1910 Can't you guys just make up a rumour to get us all excited and talking...

Last edited:
This is because the majority of the cash we have has been used up retaining the home grown talent coming through. I'd rather this than us 'doing a Newcastle' as it would signal that our playing stocks are at an all time low.

This is because the majority of the cash we have has been used up retaining the home grown talent coming through. I'd rather this than us 'doing a Newcastle' as it would signal that our playing stocks are at an all time low.
Do a Newcastle and say we will put an emphasis on playing home grown players and then go and sign everyone who isn't from Newcastle.

Very handy to have for Origin and injury coverage, but in terms of long term, he better get used to playing for Wynnum.

Who have we signed this off-season? Apart from Fensom, and of course Seibold. Been very boring player-wise.

@Smokin' Joe @talanoa @1910 Can't you guys just make up a rumour to get us all excited and talking...

Seems like they left with Wayne

Do a Newcastle and say we will put an emphasis on playing home grown players and then go and sign everyone who isn't from Newcastle.
Exactly. Apparently, the back office over at Red Hill are thinking with their big heads.

Roberts has this rat's rail dread locks thing going on at the moment. That's pretty big news.

(Looks terrible)

Talanoa can't remember his log in and doesnt have the same email address to reset his password, hence his long term quietness.

If that's the case and you know how to contact him then tell him to contact us.

Either on the BroncosHQ Facebook page or using the Contact Us form at the bottom of the site and we could sort that out for him.

Well there you go, I'll stay in my lane and leave hair to you. He was drinking coffee in the foyer the other day on my way upstairs I hadn't noticed it before.
Yeah that’s where I saw him too. Looks ridiculous

Talanoa can't remember his log in and doesnt have the same email address to reset his password, hence his long term quietness.

Hey mate, can you get him to get in touch with us? support@broncoshq.com - I can help him from there. Tell him I need his previous email address.

Personally, I don't give a rat's what hairstyle Jimmy is sporting. If it makes him feel good and that translates into him scoring more tries i say let him be. TBH though, I've never been able to come to terms with the Australian mullet as a 'style'.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Morkel
  • HarryAllan7
  • Bish
  • Old Mate
  • Morepudding
  • RolledOates
  • Allo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.