Kennedy Thread

160k is laughable. I don’t imagine there's a regular starting bench forward anywhere playing for that sort of money. Sure, in lower grades and development players but not someone playing regular first grade which playing over 60% of games is, regular. I thought he'd be 250k at least. Roughly two thirds of the season.

What is a regular starting bench forward? You mean he is regularly on the bench? If so, what is the definition of regular? Depth forward? At full strength, I am not sure he is on the bench is all. So given he is a depth forward / fringe bench player, 160k seems about right, maybe slightly under doesn't it?

These are all genuine questions.

160k is laughable. I don’t imagine there's a regular starting bench forward anywhere playing for that sort of money. Sure, in lower grades and development players but not someone playing regular first grade which playing over 60% of games is, regular. I thought he'd be 250k at least. Roughly two thirds of the season.

Minimum wage for spots 27-30 is $77,500. You would get 27-30 as close to that as you could and I certainly wouldn't be going too far over 100k- Hoeter etc.

$160k would put Kennedy mid 20 in the squad which I would think $160 would be very reasonable.

His deal for 21 and 22 may have been closer to 200k. But I doubt much more than that. I would say easily 160-185k.

He isn't a regular starter. He is a part time bench player. Min wage player, and should be made to provide his own food.

He isn't a regular starter. He is a part time bench player. Min wage player, and should be made to provide his own food.

Bring your own oranges for half time?

To provide proper context, the figure came from a thought experiment I posted up in a General thread just to get an idea on how the Broncos were spending their cap. If I remember correctly, I had Kennedy on less than 160K with the idea that he re-signed as a fringe forward to a wooden spoon club during the pandemic - what leverage did Rhys have after he's already been at three clubs and they all chose to pass on him?

I was never adamant about that figure but just tried to explain how I came to that conclusion. I think the 160K figure may have come from reaching half-way but again I was really nonplussed about the discussion.

So much to do about nothing really, much like this thread.

To provide proper context, the figure came from a thought experiment I posted up in a General thread just to get an idea on how the Broncos were spending their cap. If I remember correctly, I had Kennedy on less than 160K with the idea that he re-signed as a fringe forward to a wooden spoon club during the pandemic - what leverage did Rhys have after he's already been at three clubs and they all chose to pass on him?

I was never adamant about that figure but just tried to explain how I came to that conclusion. I think the 160K figure may have come from reaching half-way but again I was really nonplussed about the discussion.

In that case Seibold probably signed him on for double that amount.

I was wondering who were the three clubs who passed on RK?

I mean I understand he played some junior league stuff for Melbourne but he was 18 then so you'd never think , first grade prop for the Storm NRL team! He was only playing part time. I don’t think they 'passed on him' as you wrote but rather he was just a fringe footballer and not old enough to be considered for first grade.

It wasn't until a couple of years later he got a chance (after playing lower grade for North Sydney) to play for South's in 2019. Still pretty young at 23 for an average player in the prop role in the NRL. Considering South's had plenty of forwards it's not a huge surprise he was behind quite a few. He got a chance to go to Brisbane because one of his old coaches wanted him there.

It cannot be argued he moved around when he was very young but as a general rule props don't become hardened until mid 20's . I don’t think the way you tried to paint it as 'three NRL clubs' all tested him and found he isn't first grade standard is evenly close to being fair or impartial. No matter, he's proven you and a fuckton of others to be poor judges.

All it takes now is the simple admission that sometimes you're just plain wrong.

I was wondering who were the three clubs who passed on RK?

I mean I understand he played some junior league stuff for Melbourne but he was 18 then so you'd never think , first grade prop for the Storm NRL team! He was only playing part time. I don’t think they 'passed on him' as you wrote but rather he was just a fringe footballer and not old enough to be considered for first grade.

It wasn't until a couple of years later he got a chance (after playing lower grade for North Sydney) to play for South's in 2019. Still pretty young at 23 for an average player in the prop role in the NRL. Considering South's had plenty of forwards it's not a huge surprise he was behind quite a few. He got a chance to go to Brisbane because one of his old coaches wanted him there.

It cannot be argued he moved around when he was very young but as a general rule props don't become hardened until mid 20's . I don’t think the way you tried to paint it as 'three NRL clubs' all tested him and found he isn't first grade standard is evenly close to being fair or impartial. No matter, he's proven you and a fuckton of others to be poor judges.

All it takes now is the simple admission that sometimes you're just plain wrong.
Melbourne, Canberra, South's.

Actually Kennedy played all three years in U/20s at Melbourne where they took a good hard look at him and they chose to pass. He then went to Canberra to be closer to home and train alongside his brother Jarrad. His form failed to impress the Raiders or any other NRL club for that matter so he spent two years playing NSW Cup before Anthony Seibold signed him to Souths and then again to Brisbane.

Kennedy wasn't some unheralded player who happened to fall under the radar. He was a highly rated prospect who was given opportunities and failed to live up to expectations. He's done well to persevere and play some NRL but again clubs had him in their system and were happy to pass on him.

Even now it's not like we have other NRL clubs falling over themselves trying to sign him. From all reports the interest is coming from the ESL.

And he will probably do really really well over there should he choose to go, too.

I just wanted a few of the Kennedy detractors on this forum who have called RK lazy to take note.
This guy isn't in the Broncos future plans and is moving on, he's got something going overseas apparently. So, what's his motivation now to perform well?

He's no chance to impress anyone or get an offer from the Broncos. Professional pride? Genuinely doing it for the team? He did something on the weekend a lot of you totally missed. Haven't seen a single mention of it despite it being Haas like.

What you ask?

In the 52nd minute he takes the restart hit up after we scored to make it 20-12. The one where you get totally smashed.

So he makes the first hit up. Palasia the second, Hetherington the third and then Kennedy again makes a strong hitup and then an offload to Paix who is swamped. Now the fifth and amazingly Kennedy has raced back onside and is there to take another hitup, strong as the first two!

That's three strong hitups and an offload in the crucial set after scoring points and they started from the ingoal. Quality fucking stuff and **** you bookhaki

I just wanted a few of the Kennedy detractors on this forum who have called RK lazy to take note.
This guy isn't in the Broncos future plans and is moving on, he's got something going overseas apparently. So, what's his motivation now to perform well?

He's no chance to impress anyone or get an offer from the Broncos. Professional pride? Genuinely doing it for the team? He did something on the weekend a lot of you totally missed. Haven't seen a single mention of it despite it being Haas like.

What you ask?

In the 52nd minute he takes the restart hit up after we scored to make it 20-12. The one where you get totally smashed.

So he makes the first hit up. Palasia the second, Hetherington the third and then Kennedy again makes a strong hitup and then an offload to Paix who is swamped. Now the fifth and amazingly Kennedy has raced back onside and is there to take another hitup, strong as the first two!

That's three strong hitups and an offload in the crucial set after scoring points and they started from the ingoal. Quality fucking stuff and **** you bookhaki
Geez, we can add ball hog to the list of things we don't like about him.

What you ask?

So you’re telling me a forward did his job 3 times in 1 set, basically.

Amazing, you’d think they are paying him to do it or something.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Bish
  • mystico
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Xzei
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • davidp
  • Manofoneway
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lurker
  • lynx000
  • Allo
  • mitch222
  • Aldo
  • Skathen
  • johnny plath
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.