NEWS Kent: Brisbane lost sight of what made them great

Nothing I think its great , maybe little Kenty can't handle his lattes.
On another note, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there more finals footy to be played?
Haven't heard anything about it since Sunday.

The finals ended on Sunday.

I was hating on Gordie,

but....
.....I am starting to think perhaps he was right a little bit.
Have these players won anything? No.
Are they spoiled? Yes.
Are they entitled? Yes. (Like every professional sportsman, to be fair, you sorta have to be to become elite).

I'd love Brad Thorn or Shane Webcke with a bigger visibility in and around the club. Imagine having to look Brad Thorn in the eye coming off that performance.

Yeah, instead they come into the sheds and see Cross and a tiny Asian statistician.

Go easy on Demas.......

Demas computer should be telling him that Boyd is done and McC's shiny stats are actually worthless. He gonna speak up anytime soon?

[my take on it] Gordon needs to better understand later millennials and gen Z-ers, they don't care who did what before them, they could care less what they did an hour ago. A genZ player probably doesn't even identify as a Bronco, they'll call themselves a professional NRL player or something. You'll notice rhetoric has changed from "I'll do anything to remain a Bronco!" to something like "I'd like to stay a Bronco!"...

Dont have issues with the coffee, but WTF, a sleep room? That is taking the piss.
Actually it is not. Quality sleep is an important factor in athletic performance. EPL clubs have rooms decked out to promote good sleep. Melbourne have been doing this sort of stuff since 2000's.

Actually it is not. Quality sleep is an important factor in athletic performance. EPL clubs have rooms decked out to promote good sleep. Melbourne have been doing this sort of stuff since 2000's.

Some of them were up until midnight before 58-nil lol. Not everyone thinks it's an important factor.

Some of them were up until midnight before 58-nil lol. Not everyone thinks it's an important factor.
Apparently Roger Federer get 9-10 hours sleep a night. So I guess despite having two sets of twins he isn't getting up during the night.

The thing is sleep and diet is something that will improve your performance and is within your control. If you get these right then they will have more influence than some of the 1%s that are pursued. Getting the basics right goes a long way.

The thing is sleep and diet is something that will improve your performance and is within your control. If you get these right then they will have more influence than some of the 1%s that are pursued. Getting the basics right goes a long way.

I remember Locky talking about his routine during the 2006 season:

"No-one gets up at 4 am because they want to".

I remember Locky talking about his routine during the 2006 season:

"No-one gets up at 4 am because they want to".

I don’t get the obsession with NRL clubs and getting up early to do training. Why not train from 4pm onwards? They usually play at 8ish, and it allows for the players to get guaranteed good rest. Maybe have them come in earlier, say 12, for review and stuff, but 8am or earlier for training is just pointless.

Last edited:
I don’t get the obsession with NRL clubs and getting up early to do training. Why not train from 4pm onwards? They usually play at 8ish, and it allows for the players to get guaranteed good rest. Maybe have them come in earlier, say 12, for review and stuff, but 8am or earlier for training is just pointless.

I dunno..something about 58-nil has me reaching.

Last edited:
I dunno..something about 58-nil has me reaching.

Most of the younger blokes in the side will be up late playing games and shit with their mates and the older ones have kids, so it just makes sense to train later imo.

Most of the younger blokes in the side will be up late playing games and shit with their mates and the older ones have kids, so it just makes sense to train later imo.

It's not good enough. Whatever the older group is doing, whatever the younger group is doing - no unity on the field. Not my job to bridge that gap, thankfully.

It's not good enough. Whatever the older group is doing, whatever the younger group is doing - no unity on the field. Not my job to bridge that gap, thankfully.

That is a gap that's existed since Parker was captain.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brocko
  • Redux
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • Lazza
  • Battler
  • Allo
  • LGH
  • Financeguy
  • Sproj
  • Mr Fourex
  • ChewThePhatt
  • theshed
  • GCBRONCO
  • Big Del
  • Wolfie
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.