Votes: 11 9.2%
  • 2 - “full support of the board”

Votes: 13 10.8%

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 0 - sack immediately

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
His 14th and his 9th. He's the Turpin of coaches, really shouldn't be in first grade but there's not much else available and he's a good clubman.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Were you as critical when we were 4th? Obviously since the Tigers game he would get a 0 but given how bad we have gone when the chips are down over previous seasons how much do you blame the coach and how much falls at the players.
If I take away my disappointment of the last 6 weeks I would have to give a 5. I was worried about another poor season when we were getting toweled in the trials but we did so well for so long and then fell away big time again.

2. That last month or so was some of the worst performances I’ve ever seen. No other team lost in the way we did and you have to wonder whether the win streak was a bit of luck.

This is almost impossible to give a score for the season. Let's be honest, at the Parramatta game, he was looking a 7 or 8 on the scale. If we had of just faded out the year but were still competitive, he would have still ended at around a 6.

Now, let's be honest (and I know this is difficult), not all finals are created equal and literally any other NRL season, we are comfortably playing finals with our win/loss record, so that is probably still a 6 as he had a positive win/loss record.

Now here is where it gets murky because we didn't do lose out some tight ones to finish the season, we were absolutely BELTED, to the point we ended the season as bad as any time we played during the Seibold years. So this takes us down to a 1/2 on the scale.

Some of the issues earlier in the season reared their ugly heads again with the weird team selections, weird love for certain past it players, ignoring of certain talented, future written all over them players and insistence on sticking with guys who are completely busted in Reynolds, Capewell, Haas and Mam. Then we continue to omit guys we need in the side like Paix, Gamble and Piakura. However, while there are musical chairs in some scapegoat positions, the likes of Turpin, Walters, James, Staggs and Riki cannot do anything at all to get dropped. Let's not forget the awful bench usage which seemed much better mid-season coming back as just dumb in the back end. We are around 1 now.

However, there are issues with Haas and Staggs that I don't think any coach is going to be able to address and then this is coupled with our first and second choice in a number of positions all getting injured at the same time. Herbie going down was a nail in that concoction of everything that can go wrong going wrong, so we are back up at 3/4 now as there are mitigating factors.

Regardless, given the absolute train wreck the end of the season became, Kevvie cannot get a pass mark, it is just a matter of how far under par you want to score him. The main issue for me is that the problems with his coaching at the start of the season that seemed to be fixed midway through said season were back and even worse at the end. How the heck does that happen?

What a rollercoaster of a season!

4 = Pass mark- or Fail+

We need to start looking sharp and deadly in the opposition 20.

I really think we should go back to the job description and based on my understanding of the head coach role.

Kevin should be taking overall responsibility for:

A, Team selection and player development
B, planning and delivery of the Team’s tactic and technic
C, control of the dressing room

A, 1/10. Even during our winning streak, we have forced team selection and everyone is crystal clear Kevin doesn’t have a clue because he easily messed up afterwards; Dropping young promising spine rookie player at the last game of the season, bad bench rotation, etc, very very poor development coaching

B, 1/10. If Reynold plays the coaching role in attacking, then it leaves Kevin the defending role…… and needless to say, he’s done a terrible job

C, 1/10. When it’s winning, everyone is easy going. But you can only know when it’s losing, for whatever reason, neither his passionate speech or enthusiastic spray takes any effect, you know Kevin has lost Playing group, and it won’t be just few players, he must have lost the majority of them or the key ones.

And I just really want to ask a question, if we judge the coach by these three, is Kevin a most certain better coach than Seibold given he has got way much better roster?

And if we somehow pinch a super hooker ( Hunt) and next season we make the final sitting on 5th or 6th ( go home after first round) are we still going to be satisfied with Kevin because we once again made progress?

If we have a coach who doesn’t have vision for long term or even short term, any progress made under his direction might be proved deviated from the right path later

My final say on the matter is Kevvie is a genuine lovely bloke, a proud father of his son playing in the same shirt number (on occasion) for his beloved Broncos. An outstanding legend of the club, but his whole actions this season shouts real loud that he's not what we need to bring this club back to the halcyon days of yesteryear.

I will also add, that the eventual coach who does takeover needs to be able to first of all not just sort our defence out, he needs to be able to make our defence the best in the league. Our defence has to be coached so well that we're virtually impregnable. It's the only way we will be able to compensate for the lack of 50/50 calls we will never ever get as long as we have the current system in operation.

As bad as we are right now, it does not help when we lose a player to the bin in the early stages of a game for such an innocuous tackle that would barely even draw a penalty for any other team.

It must be drilled into them that it is "Us" against "them" and we will never get an even break. It's the only mindset to overcome the obvious imbalance of the NSWRL referees.

I gave him a 4. We improved but not enough.

Same

My issue is there's still very little resilience when we aren't running over the top of opponents. We still have the look of a team that has to think about every thing they do - no plan B basics of trying to get back on level footing through low-risk, hard running set completion and the same in defence.

We also push the envelope way too much when trying certain strategies. Forwards passing can be effective, but suddenly we have every middle forward passing instead of rucking the ball up 8 or 9 times out of 10, suddenly they're passing 5 out of 10.

And if I quit uni after my first semester I'd have finished with a high distinction, but you get judged on performance over time.
Aggregate performance over time* . Plenty around here judging him purely on the last 6 weeks which I feel is unfair.

I have no issue with people who think he deserves to be walked either would just like to hear who the alternatives are before pushing that boat out.

Active Now

• marw
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.