OFFICIAL Kevin Walters Steps Down As Broncos Coach

I sure hope Billy stays on. The best thing madge can do when he gets here is honor kev and his achievements. I don't think the Billy haters can name a better utility at the club that can come on and play hooker or half at any given moment. Particularly when our halfback is made of glass.

The fans in here should show some respect to Kev as well. He has called for the fans to stand by the club which took guts and humility. Regardless of his shortcomings as a coach he evidently loves the Broncos more than himself and does not want to see the club abandoned.

No need to stick the boot in now that he's gone. It's over let's move onwards and upwards.
We can't name a better utility because we never bought one while he was here and fired anyone that came close to him and was ready.

We can't name a better utility because we never bought one while he was here and fired anyone that came close to him and was ready.
Yeah I guess I'm just saying generally there isn't a better utility at the club so I hope he stays on.

Lockyer is the football presence on the board, Heals is 100% correct he should be there to add clarity to the findings and interpret the findings and contribute.

As a board member he was going to have to pass judgement on the findings and reach the outcome of sacking the coach- but he played no part in giving his ideas?

Heals has been through this process with QC and the Heat and is the deputy chair, and he was hands on and used his cricket IQ to contribute.
It's 2024 - I would be absolutely astounded if Lockyer didn't have as much chance to contribute as anyone else should it have been required of him, regardless of where he was.

Guaranteed he read a copy of the review and discussed it with the rest of the board before this went down. I'd expect as the only one with footy experience he would have (or should have) realised just what a shambles the joint had become. From what we hear (and for sure there were some positives for Kev in there that just won't get leaked) the issues were well past being spun into a positive look by footy IQ.

We never get tired of you blowing your own trumpet.

Lol, this is literally all you do.

hth

I sure hope Billy stays on. The best thing madge can do when he gets here is honor kev and his achievements. I don't think the Billy haters can name a better utility at the club that can come on and play hooker or half at any given moment. Particularly when our halfback is made of glass.

The fans in here should show some respect to Kev as well. He has called for the fans to stand by the club which took guts and humility. Regardless of his shortcomings as a coach he evidently loves the Broncos more than himself and does not want to see the club abandoned.

No need to stick the boot in now that he's gone. It's over let's move onwards and upwards.
**** that fantasy. Madge will push a broom through the joint. That's his remit. Not to give you feels.

Billy will have to earn his position now, the same as everyone else. Mozer will be 9. Billy can try out for 14.

Maybe it was just me (probably is) but just watched Walters press conference, he thanked everyone including his son, but did not mention the players or any in particular..
He also made the comment "not so much the last four years" he seemed to be saying thank you to everyone in the past and to his coaching staff but that's about it.

Kev for all the good about him has some bad traits like all of us. But the problems he has makes for a bad coach. He isn't a good communicator, he appears to be one minded and gets threatened at others input if it looks to be overshadowing what he is doing, case and point Ikin.

We witnessed a lot of the same old mistakes. Poor bench rotation, playing injured players, strange comments and poor recruitment. I also believe without any real evidence apart from what I can see is that nepotism caused some of this.

I hove no doubt that the top players had a say in this. All have been coached now by others in some way or another and once that happens your views on week to week coaching changes. Tell me anyone coming back from either side in Origin this year would not come back with a thought on what's missing.

Last year the players were up. Brees came and brought with him an idea about remaining in motion for support and promoting the offload. It worked for us last year but this year we changed nothing. We actually looked closer to the year Kev first took over, the body language and attitude was not there. Whatever happened that caused this I don't know, but Kev didn't fix it and I am glad the club dealt with this now rather than round 12 next year. It would have been awful and a disgrace. Because the evidence has shown the ceiling was reached and we were plummeting backwards.

Unfortunately, it’s sad to see it come to this and I’m not gloating about it.

But I am more concerned about the club than I am who has fallen by the way side.

Why do they always wait until it‘s too late to pull the trigger? Why does every major decision they make, seem to smack of desperation and incompetent knee-jerk reaction, rather than a solid, thought through plan?
I don’t think this is reactionary. It just seems it because they need to put forward a certain narrative publicly.

I think the club has had this planned for a very long time. Depending on how the next month or so unfolds, I think they may have played their cards perfectly

One more personal point. I was behind Kev all the way. But overtime he lost me. I could completely understand players belief in him fading too for the same reasons mine did. I obviously know nothing about the inside of the club but it was plainly obvious that Patty and Adam had lost something in press conferences with Kev. The unity was gone even early to mid season. They didn't believe in what was coming out of his mouth and once that happens it's game over.

He also made the comment "not so much the last four years" he seemed to be saying thank you to everyone in the past and to his coaching staff but that's about it.

Kev for all the good about him has some bad traits like all of us. But the problems he has makes for a bad coach. He isn't a good communicator, he appears to be one minded and gets threatened at others input if it looks to be overshadowing what he is doing, case and point Ikin.

We witnessed a lot of the same old mistakes. Poor bench rotation, playing injured players, strange comments and poor recruitment. I also believe without any real evidence apart from what I can see is that nepotism caused some of this.

I hove no doubt that the top players had a say in this. All have been coached now by others in some way or another and once that happens your views on week to week coaching changes. Tell me anyone coming back from either side in Origin this year would not come back with a thought on what's missing.

Last year the players were up. Brees came and brought with him an idea about remaining in motion for support and promoting the offload. It worked for us last year but this year we changed nothing. We actually looked closer to the year Kev first took over, the body language and attitude was not there. Whatever happened that caused this I don't know, but Kev didn't fix it and I am glad the club dealt with this now rather than round 12 next year. It would have been awful and a disgrace. Because the evidence has shown the ceiling was reached and we were plummeting backwards.
Kev should've been some kind of club counselor. The friendly bloke the players go to see when they need a metaphorical cuddle and a bit of man on man advice. Pretty much what Cobbo said.

One more personal point. I was behind Kev all the way. But overtime he lost me. I could completely understand players belief in him fading too for the same reasons mine did. I obviously know nothing about the inside of the club but it was plainly obvious that Patty and Adam had lost something in press conferences with Kev. The unity was gone even early to mid season. They didn't believe in what was coming out of his mouth and once that happens it's game over.
I'm with you, but what surprised me is the fallout happened before Vegas. We were shithouse from Round One and never convinced even once all season, even when the ladder flattered us.

I'm with you, but what surprised me is the fallout happened before Vegas. We were shithouse from Round One and never convinced even once all season, even when the ladder flattered us.
The first preseason since 2021 without Ikin

Ok Pies. Maybe you should post motivational banners like burn the boats too because it worked so well last time.

The players need a harder edge, sure. But use the facilities and servants to their advantage, not against them by cancelling it.
Sorry not sure what you are referring to their mate. I didn't say anything about cancelling anything. I said they need to earn the right to be treated as kings. Big difference, maybe lay off the cans.

Righto Narelle .

So where was locky then... this seems like it should have been a high priority for him to attend?? Does he give a ****.. or just another old boy upset... out of interest then what has locky contributed to this shit fight as the football brain on the board?
I bet it was out of respect. Remove Locky out of the process so he can keep the relationship.

I personally prefer Smoothy but I won’t yuck your yum
Yeah I like Smoothy too. I think if we had have lost carrigan a couple times this year Smoothy would have been able to demonstrate his value. Carrigan seems to be super human. I dont know Smoothy's ability to cover the halves.

Yeah I like Smoothy too. I think if we had have lost carrigan a couple times this year Smoothy would have been able to demonstrate his value. Carrigan seems to be super human. I dont know Smoothy's ability to cover the halves.
Smoothy could fill in, in a pinch. Doesn’t really matter, just make Mam and Walsh take over. Most teams don’t have a half on the bench.

Active Now

• Manlyman
  • Adammacca
  • vertigo
  • winslow_wong
  • barker
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • broncos4life
  • Morkel
  • Bucking Beads
  • heartly87
  • Harry Sack
  • Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
  • Jazza
  • theshed
  • FACTHUNT
  • Muros
  • Scdeac
  • Ghost of Vlansys
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.