OFFICIAL Kevin Walters Steps Down As Broncos Coach

Understand the old boys through Gene Miles are going to cause some issues.

Was just researching some coaches, fucking hell Madge's last 6 seasons of NRL are rough reading.

2016 - 9 wins, 15 losses (37.5% win rate)
2017 - 9 wins, 15 losses (37.5% win rate)
2019 - 11 wins, 13 losses (45.8% win rate)
2020 - 7 wins, 13 losses (35.0% win rate)
2021 - 8 wins, 16 losses (33.3% win rate)
2022 - 3 wins, 9 losses (25.0% win rate)
butt butt buttt... he won a premiership with a diabolical spine consisting of Api Koroisau, Greg Inglis, Luke Keary and Adam Reynolds!!!

Go back and listen to DD again. There was a few answers he gave which to me suggested he’s already got the next coach on board. He’ll be announced within a fortnight I reckon. That’s long enough to show Kev a bit of respect.

If it's Madge, I can't see it lasting 2 weeks. Surely NSWRL have been on the phone since last night getting the story, if there is one.

Was just researching some coaches, fucking hell Madge's last 6 seasons of NRL are rough reading.

2016 - 9 wins, 15 losses (37.5% win rate)
2017 - 9 wins, 15 losses (37.5% win rate)
2019 - 11 wins, 13 losses (45.8% win rate)
2020 - 7 wins, 13 losses (35.0% win rate)
2021 - 8 wins, 16 losses (33.3% win rate)
2022 - 3 wins, 9 losses (25.0% win rate)

This is why I am not a fan of him coming on board. Compare it to Arthur, a bloke who a lot on here are saying nope nah ah. Arthur has an impressive record. If I was wanting an experienced coach - I'd be going for him over Maguire without thinking twice.

My personal preference though would be Adrian Lam but I know that isn't even being entertained. So for me, Arthur is a FAR better pick.

It’s hard to see them opting for a first time head coach.

Given that:

Maguire or Arthur seem like the only logical options.

This is why I am not a fan of him coming on board. Compare it to Arthur, a bloke who a lot on here are saying nope nah ah. Arthur has an impressive record. If I was wanting an experienced coach - I'd be going for him over Maguire without thinking twice.

My personal preference though would be Adrian Lam but I know that isn't even being entertained. So for me, Arthur is a FAR better pick.
All of which is sideways on what we already had at best.

Lam would be interesting though.

It'll be Madge or Arthur. Unless they've gone very far afield and looked into the super league.

Slater has already ruled himself out FYI.

What does this mean for Alfie?
I think that’s more important now🤔🤣

I'm not sure Arthur will be in a position to apply, he just joined Leeds. Even if he has an NRL 'get out' clause it would be a pretty shitty thing to do to Leeds.

I'm not saying Maguire is perfect but ultimately I believe at this time he is probably the best experienced coach option available.

It'll be Madge or Arthur. Unless they've gone very far afield and looked into the super league.

Slater has already ruled himself out FYI.

I'm not that keen on Brad Arthur. He was actually given more chances at Parramatta then Kevin Walters received at the Broncos. A finals appearance and then later on a grand final appearance was able to save his bacon when it looked like his job was in jeopardy. Even then he always seemed to be a protective species in the media. There are coaches that are put under far more scrutiny then Arthurs at Parramatta which aided his cause. He missed the finals a five full seasons he was there and would have been a sixth if they hadn't let him go.

If melbourne win the comp this year will be a fairy tale ending there and Bellamy goes to Brisbane next year where he wants to be closer to family. Book it.

If melbourne win the comp this year will be a fairy tale ending there and Bellamy goes to Brisbane next year where he wants to be closer to family. Book it.

Mate, the only reason Bellamy ever talked to us about coming here was to help push up his contract number at the Storm.

Bellamy will retire or do some part time NRL role before he comes here, he has got nothing to gain from coaching us and does not need the cash...the Bellamy to Broncos ship sailed off many many years ago.

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • abashii
  • Emanon
  • Battler
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Reds2011
  • BruiserMk1
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • NSW stables
  • westy316
  • barker
  • Wolfie
  • bb_gun
  • HVbronco
  • mitch222
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.