OFFICIAL Kevin Walters Steps Down As Broncos Coach

Webke:

“When did it become our way to do things like this? We went from being wooden spooners to seconds away from winning the grand final. None of us are happy with the season just gone, and particularly Kevin. But I think the smarter thing to do, and the right thing to do, would have been to let Kevvie coach next year. This year is the wake-up call that we needed. We’ve got a good, strong club again, a wonderful roster full of great players. The wake-up call will lead them to bigger and better things next year, and perhaps getting back to where we know they can be.”​
“It can’t be anything else but spin. The toll on family wouldn’t make Kevvie Walters step away. I promise you. Kevin’s known that the whole time he’s been a coach. It does smell like they’re trying to put nice pretty wallpaper over it and call it something that it’s not. Adam Reynolds was saying the players did not know. If that is true, that is the most unprofessional thing I reckon I’ve ever heard that club come up with.”​
“If I thought this was the right thing, if I thought sacking Kevvie was the right way to go, I’d support it because one thing we all know is none of us are bigger than the club. No players are, no ex-players are, no one is. So the good of the club has got to come first. I just don’t think that this serves the best interests of the club. I don’t think anyone wins out of this, and I think you could have achieved the same result in a very, very different way. Give it a chance and all the rest of it and then none of us would be having these conversations. That’s the right way to do it, that’s the right way to run a footy club. On the surface it looks like a kneejerk decision made by people who don’t understand what our club’s about, and what our game’s about.”​
“None of us are bigger than the club”. Hilarious that this is the line said by all the old boys before acting like they are bigger than the club. It’s there version of “I’m not racist, but…”

“None of us are bigger than the club”. Hilarious that this is the line said by all the old boys before acting like they are bigger than the club. It’s there version of “I’m not racist, but…”
In fairness, it's supposed to be a "club" so the collective voice of the club's legacy and primary asset isn't nothing. They're welcome to express their opinions.

Yeah let’s get a wooden spoon new South Welshman instead, some of yous on here are as silly the broncos board members
There is no definitive right answer i'm afraid if you are looking at available coaches. They are available for a reason and all come with as many risks as positives.

The focus should be on the people making these decisions.

They hired Walters, extended him six months ago then sacked him in September. Now pay him out two years.

They hired Seibold, gave him five and paid out three.

They brought back Bennett, paid him out one year.

They sacked Griffin and paid him out one year.

They sacked Henjak and paid him out one year.

The best clubs have stability in coaching and recruitment. Geelong with Scott and Wells, Storm with Bunn, Ponissi and Bellamy, Dolphins have had three chairmen's in 50 years.

What a fall from grace this club is, a coach that won the wooden spoon twice and was fired by the worst club in the NRL to come and coach my glorious Brisbane broncos. This club since 2006 has been the biggest stress in my life. I’m quite over it.

If melbourne win the comp this year will be a fairy tale ending there and Bellamy goes to Brisbane next year where he wants to be closer to family. Book it.
Lol while it won't happen, we would actually want Melbourne to lose for that to work. Every team Penrith have beaten in a grand final in the last 3 years, the coach has been sacked or moved on.

What a fall from grace this club is, a coach that won the wooden spoon twice and was fired by the worst club in the NRL to come and coach my glorious Brisbane broncos. This club since 2006 has been the biggest stress in my life. I’m quite over it.
He also just won a state of origin series and is a proven premiership winning coach with alot of experience

They hired Walters, extended him six months ago then sacked him in September. Now pay him out two years.

The best clubs have stability in coaching and recruitment. Geelong with Scott and Wells, Storm with Bunn, Ponissi and Bellamy, Dolphins have had three chairmen's in 50 years.
100% but I don't think much will change on that front unless someone takes Murdoch's controlling stake.

100% but I don't think much will change on that front unless someone takes Murdoch's controlling stake.

It just bugs me, you've sat in and picked five wrong coaches, and now you get to pick a sixth?

Does the interview process get reviewed in that time?

How much money have all those payouts cost the Broncos? It would be in the millions.

Yeah let’s get a wooden spoon new South Welshman instead, some of yous on here are as silly the broncos board members

Trans Tasman test winner . Check .
State of Origin winner . Check
Challenge Trophy winner .Check
Super League winner . Check
NRL premiership winner . Check
NRL wooden spooner . Check

He definitely knows the highs and the lows .

It just bugs me, you've sat in and picked five wrong coaches, and now you get to pick a sixth?

Does the interview process get reviewed in that time?

How much money have all those payouts cost the Broncos? It would be in the millions.
From Memory Seibold was on big money too, with only 1 prior season experience coming in.

The fact it looks likely atleast from what we see that no coach was actually lined up before this decision is also telling alot about how things are run here.

Nailed it

If melbourne win the comp this year will be a fairy tale ending there and Bellamy goes to Brisbane next year where he wants to be closer to family. Book it.
You live in dreamland up their at the cowboys don't you.

Active Now

• cento
  • dirtyharry
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Dash
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Waynesaurus
  • BroncoFan94
  • bb_gun
  • simplythebest
  • jarro65
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • Wolfie
  • Manofoneway
  • lakers133334
  • HarryAllan7
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Dexter
  • Shane Tronc
  • FACTHUNT
... and 28 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.