OFFICIAL Kevin Walters Steps Down As Broncos Coach

"One staff member would spend hours cutting up vision each week with a view to it being used at the upcoming meeting of Broncos players to analyse the good and bad things they did in the previous game.

When the footage ended up on the cutting-room floor, not being reviewed each week, the staffer felt it was a futile exercise. Weekly preparation began to suffer."

This is the part that sank in with me. This explains the same errors committed over and over again like Cobbo getting run over the sideline nearly every game, Walsh repeatedly going for a hail Mary pass instead of dying with the ball etc.

After reading this I think the Broncos have done the right thing in moving Kevvie on.

At the moment, the only football knowledge we have at the club comes from Adam Reynolds. When Te’o and Barrett arrive it will be slightly more, but not much more.

Dude ! Don`t you see Reynolds and Kevvie were a team .
Reynolds was sposed to be his right hand man . He gets off scot free ? How ?
Bye Reyno !

Dude ! Don`t you see Reynolds and Kevvie were a team .
Reynolds was sposed to be his right hand man . He gets off scot free ? How ?
Bye Reyno !
Madge and Reyno were a premiership winning team.

I'm also not on the Maguire train at all. He burns his teams out and has taken both previous teams on a sharp nose dive. You think our lazy bunch of prima donnas are going to respond to his military sergeant type coaching?

If we are going an experienced coach, it has to be Arthur. Now I am not saying that would be my pick but his teams have had winning seasons almost every season he has been a coach the whole season, he would be a very good get, the stats don't lie in this case and he also has that 'buddy' aspect that the players seemed to like with Kevvie.

Then you've got the list of next group of rookies:
- Hannay (I'd get behind that)
- Young
- Wallace
- Parker (haha)
- Ballin
- Teo
- Slater
- Smith
- Burgess
- Reynolds (captain-coach)
- Hornby

Then you've got...Barrett or Big Ears, boy oh boy.

Then the left field ones:
- Hagan
- Meninga,
- J.Graham,
- Wane
- Lam
- Peters
The prima donna aspect is exactly why we can't have our next coach be anything like Kev. I don't think we can ever win a comp while we have our current mentality. If we loose a few players along the way I think it will be the ones unwilling to make the sacrifices to be successful.

Holbrook and Arthur will be rolled up and spit out eventually here. New coaches could be successful or go the way of pies. What I have seen even with Waynes system is a steady decline in what professionalism looks like at the Broncos. We look like a club that has it all and we do. You feel like a star without earning it because you essentially have a palace and servants all over the place. There is no sacrifice anywhere at our club. I think Madge can change that. Pampering can happen once you earn it on the training pitch and in the gym.

The prima donna aspect is exactly why we can't have our next coach be anything like Kev. I don't think we can ever win a comp while we have our current mentality. If we loose a few players along the way I think it will be the ones unwilling to make the sacrifices to be successful.

Holbrook and Arthur will be rolled up and spit out eventually here. New coaches could be successful or go the way of pies. What I have seen even with Waynes system is a steady decline in what professionalism looks like at the Broncos. We look like a club that has it all and we do. You feel like a star without earning it because you essentially have a palace and servants all over the place. There is no sacrifice anywhere at our club. I think Madge can change that. Pampering can happen once you earn it on the training pitch and in the gym.
Yes, it will be interesting to see if anyone jumps ship.

Madge and Reyno were a premiership winning team.

I have wondered was Reyno involved with getting Madge ?
He helped Kevvie with enough rope to hang , by not whipping the boys into line at training .
Like Reyno was fine with no video sessions ? Then that Bulldogs game . The non reaction to the Dogs tactics by the onfield coach was baffling .

CSIRO_ScienceImage_3915_Mastotermes_darwiniensis_Giant_Northern_Termite.jpg

Broncos loss, coach sackings, players in Bali. All better than making the GF.
Out of interest, what is the site's highest traffic ever?

My guesses would be:
- 2023 GF post full time
- spoon confirmation
- Seibold sacking

He helped Kevvie with enough rope to hang , by not whipping the boys into line at training .
Like Reyno was fine with no video sessions ? Then that Bulldogs game . The non reaction to the Dogs tactics by the onfield coach was baffling .

Or what if it's been Billy, playing the long game, to get back at daddy for not buying him a pony?

Will Reyno retire?

He should go down with the ship IMO .
Choked out of the GF . Didn`t set standards . Will be gone end of next year anyway .

Alot like folks were saying about giving Kev a cpl of months to start the season .

Clear the decks .

At the moment, the only football knowledge we have at the club comes from Adam Reynolds. When Te’o and Barrett arrive it will be slightly more, but not much more.
Would be nice to get Ikin back on board

Heals rips into the board and management.

Said that Lockyer has been away so the board did the review without him, the one footy presence that the board has on it.

Pretty cooked sort of a take from Heals.

Michael Collins did the review, not the board. Lockyer, even if he was there would have had zero input.

Some of the blame shifting in this forum is next level. Kevvie got everything he asked for, even to the point of getting Ikin punted. Not the board out there coming up with game strategy and fixing shit defence. That's all on Kev. Different story if he's not getting support from the board but as far as I can see they backed him to the hilt.

Webcke not liking any of it, including the rumoured replacements.

Surprised I actually agree with Parker here. All the other old boys are too connected to Kev even if they say they aren't biased they are. That's fine also, respect Webcke a lot but he isn't being as honest with himself as he thinks.

Are you one of these people that think all the birds are government drones?

Out of interest, what is the site's highest traffic ever?

My guesses would be:
- 2023 GF post full time
- spoon confirmation
- Seibold sacking

Coach sackings have generally been the biggest. Grand Finals don't peak as high, but you get better sustained traffic for the entire week, rather than the usual increase that starts around a Thursday.

Coaches sacked, players acting like football players on the piss, etc. do better as we're often the only Broncos site carrying information on rumours and stuff.

"One staff member would spend hours cutting up vision each week with a view to it being used at the upcoming meeting of Broncos players to analyse the good and bad things they did in the previous game.

When the footage ended up on the cutting-room floor, not being reviewed each week, the staffer felt it was a futile exercise. Weekly preparation began to suffer."

This is the part that sank in with me. This explains the same errors committed over and over again like Cobbo getting run over the sideline nearly every game, Walsh repeatedly going for a hail Mary pass instead of dying with the ball etc.

After reading this I think the Broncos have done the right thing in moving Kevvie on.
The review also highlighted his “communication style, inconsistency of message and lack of organisation”.

None of it is a surprise.

Pretty cooked sort of a take from Heals.

Michael Collins did the review, not the board. Lockyer, even if he was there would have had zero input.

Some of the blame shifting in this forum is next level. Kevvie got everything he asked for, even to the point of getting Ikin punted. Not the board out there coming up with game strategy and fixing shit defence. That's all on Kev. Different story if he's not getting support from the board but as far as I can see they backed him to the hilt.
From the report of him not watching footage cut up for him and lashing out at staff after the review findings, to “Choppa Burgess” saying that he has yes men around him and of course the Ikin rift.

It definitely suggests the bloke was completely unwilling to hear different point of views or felt threatened by tough conversations.

It seems all he offered was the passion & Reyno (& Briers) did all the actual coaching which was all fine and well on the emotional high of 2023, but that is probably the peak of that style of coaching. Can only ride that sht for so long

Hopefully with Mag not being an old boy there will be more of an emphasis on the actual game than the DNA of the broncos, which Kev did a great job of bringing back but now we need something more than just that

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • KickHaas
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Big Del
  • Reds2011
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • BroncoFan94
  • Emanon
  • theshed
  • Mr Fourex
  • mrtij
  • Mister Wright
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • FACTHUNT
  • Justwin
  • Old Mate
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.