OFFICIAL Kevin Walters Steps Down As Broncos Coach

Why are you believing Hoops? Like I think the front office is shit too but it doesn’t even make sense what he is saying. He is saying he knew about this for 8 weeks but he said nothing? Too noble to print the exclusive? Absolute bullshit.
Hooper is a flog of the highest order

These guys are just a bunch of media spin boys. If we had to sack Kev next year and Madge is not available these bafoons would be saying we had our chance and screwed it. If we sacked Kev now without sounding out Madge they would be spinning this as incompetence due to outing Kev without a ready-made replacement. Years ago they were making fun of us for holding interviews. As big clubs just get their man, not interview a list of contenders.

Also I did not here any one of them actually say what Kev did well. They just implied a GF was enough but nothing substantial was said about player improvement, recruitment/retention or positive outlooks for the future under Kev. The Broncos can never win with the NSW media.
Tallis did say he isn’t a bronco and hasn’t been for 20 years.
Well gordy **** right off with your 2 cents worth and enjoy your success at the titans ya mutt

Not sure if it’s been posted anywhere or if it’s already common knowledge but Marty John’s had an interesting story on his latest podcast about Bellamy interviewing for the Bronco's job in the past. Apparently he was all but over the line before a senior official said “ just letting you know that you won’t have the same power that the old bloke has that’s leaving” in reference to Wayne Bennet.

Always been a few urban legends, that they made him wait and were late for the interview in some big power play and he wasn't happy.

Always been a few urban legends, that they made him wait and were late for the interview in some big power play and he wasn't happy.
That was from the Cullen days, I remember that one.

Fellas, you can choose to believe the following or not, it may be a heap of nonsense, I don't know. But in the circles I move in, there is a big rumour going round that a certain player has played a large part in Kevvie's demise as part of the recent review. This player has past form in doing the exact same thing to a previous coach of his.

So you are saying it's Reynolds.

I don't think anyone can legitimately argue that the club wasn't justified in getting rid of Kevvie. A lot of this whole process could have been handled better and as much as I wanted to give Kevvie time, even I am not distraught he is gone, the back end of the year was extremely concerning. Kevvie seemed to snap and that is never good.

Yep true
Still Loves talking about the broncos though probably because nothing to to talk about at the titans
We made Gordie, Gordie didn't make the Broncos. We were successful before him and we were successful after him. I don't really mind ex players having their say on the club but they gotta realize they're part of the problem.

Renouf seems to be one of the more balanced older boys.

I don't think anyone can legitimately argue that the club wasn't justified in getting rid of Kevvie. A lot of this whole process could have been handled better and as much as I wanted to give Kevvie time, even I am not distraught he is gone, the back end of the year was extremely concerning. Kevvie seemed to snap and that is never good.
It could've been far, far worse. This will be all done and dusted in 1 week. Plus all done during finals to avoid most of the media circus. Sounds pretty good to me.

They hired Kev, extended Kev 6 months ago, said he was safe two weeks ago, then sacked him.

They've now done this process the last three coaches in five years.

Do good boards cost millions in payouts?
Once again it's unclear where you stand.
Do you think Kev was the right coach for this group.?
Do you like the style Kev coaches.?

I have no doubt in my mind the review was a means to an end.

I also have no doubt Kev didn't know the way forward and was not coping with the pressure of this year's results.

Once again it's unclear where you stand.
Do you think Kev was the right coach for this group.?
Do you like the style Kev coaches.?

I have no doubt in my mind the review was a means to an end.

I also have no doubt Kev didn't know the way forward and was not coping with the pressure of this year's results.

I liken it a bit to Justin Langer, there was a crisis and Kev/JL came in. Both champions and good blokes. They were the grandpa you needed. But somewhere along the way the players and staff perceived themselves as not needing grandpa anymore.

Just like the Test side it’s up to them now.

You’re not going to be able to answer the question until they play. But some of this group is now on their fourth coach and none have been just right.

I liken it a bit to Justin Langer, there was a crisis and Kev/JL came in. Both champions and good blokes. They were the grandpa you needed. But somewhere along the way the players and staff perceived themselves as not needing grandpa anymore.

Just like the Test side it’s up to them now.

You’re not going to be able to answer the question until they play. But some of this group is now on their fourth coach and none have been just right.
Sure, but what do YOU think. I mean, put yourself out there, in your opinion if you were running the club would you have made the call based on what happened this year.

Personally, I never thought his coaching was good enough. I had to eat my words last year because he nearly pulled off a miracle ( it was fun to watch) but I never thought that style was sustainable as opposed to what Penrith and the Storm do.
I did think he deserved next year based on that but with no idea what was going on inside the club.
The review will be leaked in dribs and drabs so maybe we find out more although I'm not sure I want to if it shits on Kev any more.
I thought Kev would have been handed the review and been allowed to act on it and been given the whole season.

From the board and CEOs POV I'm assuming they had Madge in their sights and felt they needed to pull the trigger now to ensure another club didn't get him.

Not sure if it’s been posted anywhere or if it’s already common knowledge but Marty John’s had an interesting story on his latest podcast about Bellamy interviewing for the Bronco's job in the past. Apparently he was all but over the line before a senior official said “ just letting you know that you won’t have the same power that the old bloke has that’s leaving” in reference to Wayne Bennet.
That's probably White you would think? ... or Morris, because that would be the only level that would be negotiating with Bellamy on a deal and would say something along those lines.

Last time Bennett was heading out the door he was actually wanting to assist or at least not get in the way of the club chasing Bellamy, he just wanted to be made aware of how it progresses... and then White or someone was completing fucking up the deal.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Foordy
  • phoenix
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • Xzei
  • Astro
  • jd87
  • Mr Fourex
  • thenry
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dreaglor
  • mrslong
  • winslow_wong
  • theshed
  • bert_lifts
... and 39 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.