OFFICIAL Kevin Walters Steps Down As Broncos Coach

Was the Cullen days thought to be not good?
The beginning of the end of our dominance in my eyes.

Sacked Bennett for a spud first time around
Sold Petero for fucking Clinton
Fucked up the signing of GI
All in on the 08 NYC team who delivered a whole lot of nothing
Paul Bunn may have been lost around his time as well... so had no real succession plan for Cyril

The beginning of the end of our dominance in my eyes.

Sacked Bennett for a spud first time around
Sold Petero for fucking Clinton
Fucked up the signing of GI
All in on the 08 NYC team who delivered a whole lot of nothing
Paul Bunn may have been lost around that time as well... so had no real succession plan for Cyril

Cullen was a cancer for our club.

I'm super excited for Madge to be coming, if it happens.
I honestly believe these young guys need some leadership and will thrive under Madge.
Not to say he doesn't have his work cut out winning them over and not overdoing the intensity.
We have a premiership core which needs some toughness and a few bolt on edge backrowers.
I'm with Johns and believe we will win the comp in the next 2 years.
Yeah my excitement is growing too, to be honest.

I just think the brain power and balls that Dave Donaghy and Madge have would make a great combination.

If they get on the same page I think great things can occur.

I had to eat my words last year because he nearly pulled off a miracle ( it was fun to watch) but I never thought that style was sustainable as opposed to what Penrith and the Storm do.
I did think he deserved next year based on that

Problem with that is his assistants [Briers and Cartwright ] who were the brains behind last years run are leaving the ship.

Problem with that is his assistants [Briers and Cartwright ] who were the brains behind last years run are leaving the ship.
All good, Madge will play some structure and we can still play ad lib off the back of that with the speed we have from Walsh, Mam and Mariner.

Yeah my excitement is growing too, to be honest.

I just think the brain power and balls that Dave Donaghy and Madge have would make a great combination.

If they get on the same page I think great things can occur.

That is for sure the hope.

Kinda has a point about the amount of coaches thing.. 4 Coaches in 6 years, just like the Tigers!

that is a bit misleading though.

It's really only 3 coaches in 6 years as Madge hasn't started yet.

It's misleading only going back 6 years as that was the end of Bennett's stint. so to tell the full story you have to go back to a coaches starting year.

so it's either two coaches in 6 years (Seibold, Kevvie)
or 3 coaches in 10 years (Bennett, Seibold, Kevvie)

not ideal, but also not Tigers-like

that is a bit misleading though.

It's really only 3 coaches in 6 years as Madge hasn't started yet.

It's misleading only going back 6 years as that was the end of Bennett's stint. so to tell the full story you have to go back to a coaches starting year.

so it's either two coaches in 6 years (Seibold, Kevvie)
or 3 coaches in 10 years (Bennett, Seibold, Kevvie)

not ideal, but also not Tigers-like
That's a BS stat and you know it.
Okay how bout this. We have sacked 3 coaches in 6 years. Just like the tigers.

Till we start winning again. He knows which side his bread is buttered on. Titans commentary doesn't pay the bills. Broncos do.
Isn't his wife on the titans board or something?

If she ever leaves the titans he'll chuck a Corey Parker and turn his back on them.

At this point he must cop so much shit for his 'ambassador' role that it's clearly getting to him... the amount of yelling and crap that he does where he's like "I'm a titan", etc. but it's so fucking shallow that everyone can see straight through it and keep giving him more shit about it lol.

Isn't his wife on the titans board or something?

If she ever leaves the titans he'll chuck a Corey Parker and turn his back on them.

At this point he must cop so much shit for his 'ambassador' role that it's clearly getting to him... the amount of yelling and crap that he does where he's like "I'm a titan", etc. but it's so fucking shallow that everyone can see straight through it and keep giving him more shit about it lol.
It’s beyond pathetic, imagine someone like Hindy saying “I’m a Panther!” Pathetic loser is pathetic.

If you lot think the coach was our only problem we needed to fix this off season then unfortunately you're beyond help. Maguire certainly has his work cut out for him with an over rated roster and sky high expectations. It would be a miracle if this lot is top 8 let alone competing for a premiership in 2025. I fear we've only scratched the surface at the level of dysfunction at Red Hill.

Happy to back the review findings that Kev needed to go. He had 3 out of 4 seasons without finals so writing was on the wall. Not happy for him to be the only one knifed when the CEO has done **** all and the Chairman has been at the helm when we've paid out our last 3 coaches. More than just Kev needs to be accountable.
I agree that Kev is not the only problem. I think the Chairman and maybe some other members on the board need to go.

On the other hand, I think Dave Donaghy has been great for us. He came in, sacked Peter Nolan and some other staff, and hired Ben Ikin to replace him. He could've easily opted not to do so, as they were both competing for the CEO job at the time. However, Ikin was then basically forced out by Kevie. I believe that's where we lack in the admin department; we need a Frank Ponisi type to work with our coach. Keep in mind that Donaghy also wasn't the one who hired Kevie. I think this decision is basically his first very big, maybe club-defining call.

Not sure if it’s been posted anywhere or if it’s already common knowledge but Marty John’s had an interesting story on his latest podcast about Bellamy interviewing for the Bronco's job in the past. Apparently he was all but over the line before a senior official said “ just letting you know that you won’t have the same power that the old bloke has that’s leaving” in reference to Wayne Bennet.
Honestly, I want to have a look at that guy's face. He's probably the most "Karen" looking motherf**ker of all time. Seriously, who in their right mind would say some stupid shit like that. Probably some absolute tosser of a bloke who thinks he's the man.

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • ivanhungryjak
  • DrGee
  • Lazza
  • UP DA BRIZZY BRONX
  • Skathen
  • Aldo
  • mrtij
  • Redfern_1980
  • NSW stables
  • RodF
  • Xzei
  • phoenix
  • Purple Pills
  • bb_gun
  • Astro
  • Broncosgirl
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Financeguy
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.