RUMOUR Kevin Walters will coach the Titans in 2021

L

Locky888

QCup Player
Aug 28, 2015
If the Gold Coast Titans languishes at the bottom of the ladder next season, Titans will fire Holbrook. All the tea leaves points towards Walters as the next logical replacement. Gordie loves Kevvie and Mal has worked with Kevvie in the SOO. Unless the Broncos snaps Kevvie up first, Walters coaching the Titans is inevitable.

I heard it under good authority

Abdeac87928b6a6d941962a347a44a00

I like it... you've just planted the seed in Badel's mind and now he has no idea if he should report it or not

So, if they have the Australian and Queensland coach and still go shit does that mean we all dodged another bullet?

Walters had a perfect opportunity to coach them before they signed Holbrook as he was offered the job, he didn't want it what makes you think he would want it if they are last again?

Walters had a perfect opportunity to coach them before they signed Holbrook as he was offered the job, he didn't want it what makes you think he would want it if they are last again?
Oh this is tongue in cheek I'm sure. Locky888 was joking. Holbrook is being extended as we speak doing more(with less) in 9 months than Seiplod has in 18. It was such a dreadful decision to end WB in such a fashion and imagine if WE'D hired Holbrook with WB in the background as a knowledge repository for Holbrook when the inevitable rough patches occurred. Such a cockup.

Oh this is tongue in cheek I'm sure. Locky888 was joking. Holbrook is being extended as we speak doing more(with less) in 9 months than Seiplod has in 18. It was such a dreadful decision to end WB in such a fashion and imagine if WE'D hired Holbrook with WB in the background as a knowledge sepository for Holbrook when the inevitable rough patches occurred. Such a cockup.
Fixed

Oh this is tongue in cheek I'm sure. Locky888 was joking. Holbrook is being extended as we speak doing more(with less) in 9 months than Seiplod has in 18. It was such a dreadful decision to end WB in such a fashion and imagine if WE'D hired Holbrook with WB in the background as a knowledge repository for Holbrook when the inevitable rough patches occurred. Such a cockup.
Who's to say Holbrook doesn't implode next year, will have plenty of pressure with his roster.

Holbrook has his team in 13th place with 4 wins and a points differntial of -153. I truly do not understand the wankfest. If Seibold had us in that position he would still be getting crucified. Many coaches have been fired for better results.

Holbrook has his team in 13th place with 4 wins and a points differntial of -153. I truly do not understand the wankfest. If Seibold had us in that position he would still be getting crucified. Many coaches have been fired for better results.
Coming off a low base helps but I think what most people see is an improvement across the team in Holbrooks first year.
Sure, it's a small sample to date and we will see what the rest of the year holds but I think green shoots are showing .

Coming off a low base helps but I think what most people see is an improvement across the team in Holbrooks first year.
Sure, it's a small sample to date and we will see what the rest of the year holds but I think green shoots are showing .
Of course and best of luck to them , they deserve it. But we all know what pumping people's tires up does , bet seibold didn't even know the meaning of pressure until he got thrown this gig.

I can agree the points differential isn't flattering but for a team coming off a 4 win season and the spoon, with only a couple small off season signings of fringe players, was always going to have a tough start. Hence 88 of that 153 were the first 3 rounds. Since then the only major loss has been against the Storm who have been blowing a lot of teams off the park. They have also been competitive against both the Panthers and Roosters in which even 50/50 calls could've easily changed the story. Look I am not saying they have been great... heaps of room for improvement but through injury etc. many of the games have been focused upon testing different players to see who he wants at the club going forward. The cowboys game we were finally able to name just about our strongest 17 of the year so the next 7 weeks should show whether or not he is worth the praise. Feel free to isolate my injury comment and say Siebold has had the worst one, however the difference I would point to is ours happened to be to many players of the same position rather then being spread out. Fullbacks and centres have been ravaged this year resulting in second rowers covering both centre positions in a couple of games. Makes both defence and attack a lot more difficult on the edges.

I feel like he and Seibs are in a very similar position.

Both come in and started trying to fix the salary cap in the first year (or at least attempt to do so). Attempting to move on players who are on big and/or overpaid contracts. We'll see if his career continues to follow Seibold's next year too.

I feel like he and Seibs are in a very similar position.

Both come in and started trying to fix the salary cap in the first year (or at least attempt to do so). Attempting to move on players who are on big and/or overpaid contracts. We'll see if his career continues to follow Seibold's next year too.

As in fired? I thought they were extending his contact? Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Err, at the Titans? What you're missing is the steady improvement but here's not the place to discuss it, at least I won't further. Better off in the Titans thread.

Active Now

• Organix
  • Fozz
  • Johnny92
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Cavalo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.