RUMOUR Kevin Walters will coach the Titans in 2021

The thing is the Titans leadership would have bought in to the media's gushing over Holbrook, including Tallis. Walters won't be there next year. He will be at Red Hill at the current rate.

Last edited:
We can sure hope so but you never know with that really strong contracted guy still having said strong contract.

He'll strike a deal with the club for a 2 year payout to go home for his family issues.

We can sure hope so but you never know with that really strong contracted guy still having said strong contract.
Maybe his strong contract has a clause that he can't be sacked and that's why the board is hush, because they can't admit to said clause.

I heard from a mate who works at the club that the board reckons coach will be gone if he's still <12th place...journos are sitting on the story because they have no room left to write in the paper because the Bronx keep taking up all the space and they have a 4 page limit per day. Keep it on the downlow for now, its gonna be big

Err, at the Titans? What you're missing is the steady improvement but here's not the place to discuss it, at least I won't further. Better off in the Titans thread.

Yeah fair enough. Admittedly I haven't been watching them bit this must be a case of the stats not showing the whole story because quite frankly the are terrible. Almost as bad as ours which is clearly shit.

I think Kevin Walters would have found the Titans job more tempting when it was available in 2017 then in 2019. By 2019 Garth Brennan had locked the Titans into some awful contracts (Shannon Boyd, Bryce Cartwright, Tyrone Peachy etc) which was going to clog up their salary cap for years to come. I read the other day Brennan is now working in real estate and said he would coach again if the right opportunity came along. If I was a prospective club looking for a coach I wouldn't touch Brennan with a 50 foot poll after what he did to the Titans.

We will find out soon if Walters gets the Broncos job. If he doesn't he may have the missed the boat to get his chance at an NRL head coaching gig. The reports were at the time the Titans job was his if he wanted it in 2017.

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • davidp
  • Bish
  • broncotville
  • Skyblues87
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • sooticus
  • MrMoore
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • johnyE
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.