THE COACH Kevin Walters

It’s round 10 for me. If he hasn’t sorted out our line speed and defensive structures by then he’s not going to. I had big hopes for Kevvie but he looks like a deer in the headlights and the way he’s fucking around with the halves and bench use is making me think he actually can’t coach a first grade team. He’s been handed a pretty average squad but he needed to focus on the basics which it doesn’t look like he has. Passion will only get him so far and I fear he’s already out of ideas.
Like Kevvie said it took WB five years before he had success and he started with the likes of King Wally and Alf. Kevvie has had five games ffs.
That’s the trouble with some of you guys who suffer from instant gratification syndrome you want success yesterday.

It’s round 10 for me. If he hasn’t sorted out our line speed and defensive structures by then he’s not going to. I had big hopes for Kevvie but he looks like a deer in the headlights and the way he’s fucking around with the halves and bench use is making me think he actually can’t coach a first grade team. He’s been handed a pretty average squad but he needed to focus on the basics which it doesn’t look like he has. Passion will only get him so far and I fear he’s already out of ideas.
He wasn't handed a 'pretty average' squad, he was handed a side that just turned in one of the worst seasons in the entire NRL era, minus even more of it's talent in the likes of Fifita, Macca and Bird.

The current Broncos side is a steaming pile of turd, and we're sitting here expecting Kevvie to somehow polish it...

Kevvies mark as a coach is fast approaching. The continuous choice to carry a half on the bench is hurting the team. I understand injuries potentially etc etc, but Asiata covers this role. If he cant get those sort of calls right soon, the players will start scratching their heads.

Mother fuckers need to calm down, do you understand how low the bar was last year, we where one of the worst teams in history, and we currently have the worst draw in the league playing 3 top 4 level teams in our first 4 games(whilst winning against the first team we actually were favourites to beat).

The current rules are creating a massive gap between the good and bad teams but wait to see how we are when we face Teams like Dragons, Tigers, Manly and Cowboys first.

I mean we got Penrith next week, it's a fucking rape of a draw we are facing.

Between the team he inherited...
and probably personal instructions from fuckhead VLandy's to give us the most obnoxious draw of all time.

The decks are stacked against Kevy. He's made a few mis-steps so far, but I think he'll be better for it by mid season.

I'm happy to see out 2022 with Kevie, unless Bellamy, Bennett or Jason Demitriou want to sign on.

Eh, the poor fucker needs at least this year and next to see if he's going to be able to do anything with this rabble.

Even then, he's probably just as fucked by our board as the ones before him.

@theshed Sorry mate but you're officially that mug I mentioned in the pre-season. There was no chance that Walters was fixing this shitshow in one season let alone 5 games, and you think he's torched his license to coach already. Instead of calling for Kev's head, you should be screaming blue murder about how our trash front office has escaped with zero repercussions for putting us in this position in the first place.

This reminds me of the Eels a few years ago that won 2 wooden spoons in 3 years, losing 10+ games in a row, never in the contest.

So many people wanted to remove BA but he was not the problem, it was the front office politics and the roster.

We got rid of dead weight like Timmy Mannah and you guys have done that (Boyd) so that's one positive.

I feel we didn't turn the corner until we punted an overpriced, useless half in Norman. I think that is your Milf.

You will then slowly put the pieces together if the front office gets recruitment sorted for the future. I actually thought some of the runs from the Brisbane forwards were powerful last night, it's such a shame Fifita left but there's good there.

Also need to find a heart and soul captain player. Gutherson bleeds blue and gold and you need someone who can step up and do that for the Bronx.

Tough times ahead, but I never thought we would ever even play finals again a few years ago. As much as I and many others love to kick the Broncos down, it's not as fun if they aren't a competitive, strong club. Hold on, it can only get better.

@theshed Sorry mate but you're officially that mug I mentioned in the pre-season. There was no chance that Walters was fixing this shitshow in one season let alone 5 games, and you think he's torched his license to coach already. Instead of calling for Kev's head, you should be screaming blue murder about how our trash front office has escaped with zero repercussions for putting us in this position in the first place.

Well obviously my highest criticism is toward the head office. And I’m not calling for Kev’s head, in fact I prefaced most my criticisms by saying I want Kev to remain and succeed.

I think he’s made a couple good decisions - Asiata, Mead. The players seem to like him more.

But I have a list of things that I haven’t been impressed with and I think it is worth discussing.

I’m not sure why criticising what I see as obviously poor decisions means that I must want him sacked, or that I am not critical of the board, it also doesn’t mean that I can’t handle losing, in fact if we had won 0 games but Kev was making good decisions consistently than I would probably be happier with a 0-4 start to the season than what we currently have, and would rightfully be able to completely place the blame elsewhere.

- indecisiveness over the halves despite pre-season comments
- poor management of the halves
- poor bench selection and usage
- saving a space for Billy

Commenting on these things isn’t being a mug, it’s a genuine concern I have for the club.

Brad Arthur is a good example actually, he had a terrible team and stuck strong to his decisions and had a clear vision. He was losing games because he didn’t have the troops but he wasn’t making the bad decisions Kev was.

This reminds me of the Eels a few years ago that won 2 wooden spoons in 3 years, losing 10+ games in a row, never in the contest.

So many people wanted to remove BA but he was not the problem, it was the front office politics and the roster.

We got rid of dead weight like Timmy Mannah and you guys have done that (Boyd) so that's one positive.

I feel we didn't turn the corner until we punted an overpriced, useless half in Norman. I think that is your Milf.

You will then slowly put the pieces together if the front office gets recruitment sorted for the future. I actually thought some of the runs from the Brisbane forwards were powerful last night, it's such a shame Fifita left but there's good there.

Also need to find a heart and soul captain player. Gutherson bleeds blue and gold and you need someone who can step up and do that for the Bronx.

Tough times ahead, but I never thought we would ever even play finals again a few years ago. As much as I and many others love to kick the Broncos down, it's not as fun if they aren't a competitive, strong club. Hold on, it can only get better.
Good to get some perspective from the outside world, some people on this forum need to pull their heads out of their ass's and listen to what you just said.
Appreciate it, thanks mate .

I just watched Kevvie's presser, I thought it was good.

Like Kevvie said it took WB five years before he had success and he started with the likes of King Wally and Alf. Kevvie has had five games ffs.
That’s the trouble with some of you guys who suffer from instant gratification syndrome you want success yesterday.
I’m not asking for a miracle or a quick fix but I need to see some improvement after 10 rounds. Some resolve in defence and some coherent looking plays. We’ll still be losing games but in 6 weeks we should be seeing improvements. I don’t think that is too much to ask.

I’m not asking for a miracle or a quick fix but I need to see some improvement after 10 rounds. Some resolve in defence and some coherent looking plays. We’ll still be losing games but in 6 weeks we should be seeing improvements. I don’t think that is too much to ask.
I think we've already seen that. Even though we've lost a number of players from last year. I feel far happier with Isaako at 1 as opposed to Darius despite him being an absolute rookie. At least in most of the games we've had patches of 15-25 minutes where we've looked competitive so much so that you were saying to yourself 'this is too good to be true - if we can keep this up for the rest of the game we'll win this'. I never once said that in Siebolds long run of losses, and there was never periods where we looked like we knew what we were doing. It was 80 minutes of masochistic pleasure watching siebold's team go round.

Could not agree with this more, nailed it.

Could not agree with this more, nailed it.

Fair enough, if I’m wrong I’ll stop going on about it. I wasn’t a fan of Kev as coach fo QlD either and nor were most on here. It shows how far we’ve dropped that we are willing to except Kev without any criticism and that we are seriously entertaining the idea of guys like KHunt coming back. Imagine floating that idea 3 years ago and the response it would’ve got.

I just want the club to do well and all I’m saying is I think Kev needs more help.

Fair enough, if I’m wrong I’ll stop going on about it. I wasn’t a fan of Kev as coach fo QlD either and nor were most on here. It shows how far we’ve dropped that we are willing to except Kev without any criticism and that we are seriously entertaining the idea of guys like KHunt coming back. Imagine floating that idea 3 years ago and the response it would’ve got.

I just want the club to do well and all I’m saying is I think Kev needs more help.
He can't have more help then he has now short of Bennett coming back.

He can't have more help then he has now short of Bennett coming back.
I don’t know if Cartwright and Matterson are the epitome of coaching excellence

Active Now

• davidp
  • broncos4life
  • broncsgoat
  • dasherhalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Aldo
  • Lostboy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • Gaz
  • Browny
  • MrMoore
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bucking Beads
  • HarryAllan7
  • Jedhead
  • jarro65
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.