THE COACH Kevin Walters

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Except the weak minded playing group don't bother listening to him because he's a NSW'men with the charisma of a door knob

That could be a problem, but i guess if we want to progress then we have to weed out the weak minded.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
There's no standout replacements anyway, so whatever,

In the Walters house....we celebrate being the default option.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Is Cameron Ciraldo going to coach Canterbury, Wests and the Warriors is he?

Haven't heard anything about Flanagan even going for the Tigers job. He had already knocked back an assistant role at the club. He knocked back the Warriors, went for the Bulldogs one. Bulldogs wanted Ciraldo.

Tigers missed out on Ciraldo, club legends within the club pushed for Sheens to take over with Benji and Farah as understudies.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Haven't heard anything about Flanagan even going for the Tigers job. He had already knocked back an assistant role at the club. He knocked back the Warriors, went for the Bulldogs one. Bulldogs wanted Ciraldo.

Tigers missed out on Ciraldo, club legends within the club pushed for Sheens to take over with Benji and Farah as understudies.
He's waiting in the wings for Hook to fail. Hook is on a very slippery slope and needs a solid start to next year or won't see round 10.
I'd hazard a guess that Hunt making noise about a Hook clause in any extension has probably stayed the boards hand from punting him already

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
I’m confused by this post. So you’re agreeing that Kev is just a continuation of inexperienced coaches that will inevitably get churned out because they aren’t capable?

He’s undoubtedly improved the team.

It is nauseating reading people write about wanting him to be sacked, I don’t get how any balanced individual can suggest he hasn’t improved the team. He has absolutely earned the right to remain on as the coach, a couple of hefty losses towards the back end of the season doesn’t cancel out the season leading up to that point.

If we started next season the same way we finished this season, fair enough.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
He’s undoubtedly improved the team.

It is nauseating reading people write about wanting him to be sacked, I don’t get how any balanced individual can suggest he hasn’t improved the team. He has absolutely earned the right to remain on as the coach, a couple of hefty losses towards the back end of the season doesn’t cancel out the season leading up to that point.

If we started next season the same way we finished this season, fair enough.
I don’t think it’s nauseating at all. I think he held onto his job by the skin of his teeth and despite an improved win record there are multitudes of valid arguments as to why he isn’t the right coaching option. Entirely losing the dressing room by round 19 is only one of them. Zero improvements to our defence is another example - You can’t credit Kev with fixing the teams attitude while having the most missed tackles in the competition.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
I don’t think it’s nauseating at all. I think he held onto his job by the skin of his teeth and despite an improved win record there are multitudes of valid arguments as to why he isn’t the right coaching option. Entirely losing the dressing room by round 19 is only one of them. Zero improvements to our defence is another example - You can’t credit Kev with fixing the teams attitude while having the most missed tackles in the competition.
Must have missed the report he lost the dressing room care to link?
There are also two other clubs where Flanagan would be an upgrade that have had real shit years in the knights and the tits yet not a peep from them chasing him.

S

scobie

QCup Player
Sep 1, 2017
There are also two other clubs where Flanagan would be an upgrade that have had real shit years in the knights and the tits yet not a peep from them chasing him.
To be fair, I wouldn't be looking to the Knights or Titans for tips on how to turn into premiership contenders.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Not sure how to link you the biggest ladder position drop in NRL history, multiple players complaining, and the most missed tackles in the league. Not saying it’s beyond repair or that no player likes Kev, but that is the biggest lost dressing room I’ve seen since Seibold.

Unless of course, you’re implying some Space Jam type talent sucking alien race of monsters are to blame because if so I can get behind that.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
Not sure how to link you the biggest ladder position drop in NRL history, multiple players complaining, and the most missed tackles in the league. Not saying it’s beyond repair or that no player likes Kev, but that is the biggest lost dressing room I’ve seen since Seibold.

Unless of course, you’re implying some Space Jam type talent sucking alien race of monsters are to blame because if so I can get behind that.
Multiple players compaining what about training to hard lol?
Poor fellas may be the same players that show there bellys when it gets to hard on the field.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Poor fellas may be the same players that show there bellys when it gets to hard on the field.
he's speculating, going of a liked post by smokin joe.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
It wont happen,

But Des would take an assistant role and bring a giant paddle. Walters would probably get frustrated with him though 😆

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
About being screamed at and called soft by a guy who has done nothing to improve the teams defence.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
It wont happen,

But Des would take an assistant role and bring a giant paddle. Walters would probably get frustrated with him though 😆

Why would you want Des anywhere near coaching staff, especially as an assistant?

Its a proven fact he overpays for players and totally screws up the salary cap I imagine by pushing and pushing to get players he can’t live without.

The Bulldogs went backwards, Manly’s gone backwards and despite having DCE, are the very definition of a one man team. He has done nothing good for that club in his second stint and left the Dogs in a horrible state that they are only just recovering from now.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
About being screamed at and called soft by a guy who has done nothing to improve the teams defence.
FMD screamed at hahahaha.
This was 2 life times ago but playing a first grade game at Lang Park our coach at half time tipped the drinks table over and made us do push ups while berating us and put a 4 x 440mtr tax on every point we let in during the second half, and that was early season in 28 degrees.
We won but let in 8 points and did 32 440mtr sprints next training night after finishing our day jobs.
Fucking soft ***** crying about being spoken to loudly.

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
  • It is understood Walters delivered an address on behalf of Brisbane’s football department last Friday.
Did Kev mentioned about his team lists & bench use?
  • Broncos boss Donaghy was joined in the meetings by board member Vicki Wilson, the 104-Test Australian netball legend who was a proven winner during his illustrious sporting career.
Was she able to force some of the hard decisions that needed to be made?

Kevvie adds Lee Briers to his assistants Cartwright Matterson and Ballin
The above 3 along with Defense coach must be shown the door yesterday.

• Kevvie is uner pressure to enact change, and there is speculation that Matterson is under review. Kevvie has until the pre-season starts in November to finalise the composition of his footy department.
Get smart for your own sake Kev

Ben Ikin says:
“With Kevvie, the only thing I can judge is did he win more games this year than last year and the answer is yes.”
Mr. Ikin- this is not you mate. Perhaps, I need to reevaluate my expectations of you. Between you & DD, I expected you to be the man with strong words followed by actions. I am not seeing any thus far sadly mate. You’re the GM of the Football department start setting standard’s across the board already.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Why would you want Des anywhere near coaching staff, especially as an assistant?

Its a proven fact he overpays for players and totally screws up the salary cap I imagine by pushing and pushing to get players he can’t live without.

The Bulldogs went backwards, Manly’s gone backwards and despite having DCE, are the very definition of a one man team. He has done nothing good for that club in his second stint and left the Dogs in a horrible state that they are only just recovering from now.

Hes a very smart man. He was on his own at the dogs and is essentially on his own at Manly. Both were run by incompetent front offices. Hes looking to slow down, but id say he is as smart as Bellamy and Bennett.

I know it wont happen - so it moot point anyway.

Active Now

• davidp
  • Howie
  • Brotherdu
  • Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  • Bucking Beads
  • Galah
  • johnny plath
  • Foordy
  • The Strapper
  • Dash
  • kman
  • GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.