THE COACH Kevin Walters

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
It's pretty obvious what he says to the media and what he says to the group are completely different things, I trust you've seen the clip of him ripping into them on the park.

I don't care. Press conference, tear in so the douchebags get to read it in the paper the next day too.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
I think you're reading too much into it.

They would have been in support of his attitude that he got it wrong and will make up for letting him teammates down, not supporting the bit where he knocked Walsh out. That would be ridiculous.
Yeah it’s origin, state against state, mate against mate etc.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
I know any issues with the Broncos were evident prior to .. but wondering if Adam and Payne's public support of Sualii's dog shot on Reece has contributed to some kind of split, or some level of resentment in the playing group.

As a fan I was totally pissed off when I read of their support for Sualii'i. Can only imagine how the rest of the playing group felt. I could absolutely understand if there is any lingering resentment which is having a flow on effect inside the playing group.

Just trying to be really honest here, but I have to admit I lost a bit of respect for our two players over this. Again, being honest if I was in that playing group not sure that I could look at Adam and Payne the same way as I would have done prior to the incident.

And also, in respect to Payne .. a lot of the time when I'm watching him I've noticed that when a tackle he is involved in is almost complete, he kind of takes on a wrestling stance but doesn't finish it off with any aggression. It looks to me like he's just holding a wrestling pose .. like an instructor would do in a practise session. Payne needs to change this aspect of his game.

We absolutely need more aggression all round in our team. Without it nothing is going to change. 😑
Like when DWZ(?) pushed Jensen or Smoothy in the head I forget which and they just retreated. Grab his shirt and sling around a bit ffs. Worst case you both get binned.

Broncosgirl

Broncosgirl

Deep in the Heart of Queensland
Contributor
Nov 9, 2022
Like when DWZ(?) pushed Jensen or Smoothy in the head I forget which and they just retreated. Grab his shirt and sling around a bit ffs. Worst case you both get binned.
Yep. In every aspect .. the Broncos look soft. So soft. Every single time we are met with aggression .. we go softer and softer. Broncos need to get the sport psychologists into our team as soon as possible .. before it becomes anymore of a habit.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
Mchunt is right the buck stops with the coach but it's fairly mitigating that we have had huge injuries this year all during games at unfortunate times.

The positives are even woth low 40s% possession we aren't getting blown off the park which leads me to believe they are still playing for their coach and the effort is there.

I guarantee he is right in that it will turn at some point and we will get our swagger back. The boys have not lost the ability to catch the ball or be disciplined in defence.

I'm not so worried about the recruitment apart from the coin sunk into ezra mams deal. We might have kept capewell if we just held our nerve and offered him a few hundred less. He'd probably have signed with us anyway and if not we have josh rogers sitting there who is a good defender and can run the ball well. Likely we would have picked up another decent half for 2025 for 600k. Plenty if options out there.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Yep. In every aspect .. the Broncos look soft. So soft. Every single time we are met with aggression .. we go softer and softer. Broncos need to get the sport psychologists into our team as soon as possible .. before it comes anymore of a habit.

Psychologists?

Have you ever personally been to one? They're not coaching you on how to be aggressive. They'd be coaching on how to deal with the issue and move past it, running in 30 metres to belt someone wouldn't be on the agenda.

Broncosgirl

Broncosgirl

Deep in the Heart of Queensland
Contributor
Nov 9, 2022
Psychologists?

Have you ever personally been to one? They're not coaching you on how to be aggressive. They'd be coaching on how to deal with the issue and move past it, running in 30 metres to belt someone wouldn't be on the agenda.
Yes, I have. Long term.

I did say sports psychologists though.

They would easily be able to pinpoint and identify the reason for the apparent mental block that is preventing the players from stepping up a couple of levels.

M

mstreet

QCup Player
Sep 3, 2020
I think they took more and more responsibility from Ikin. He wasn’t getting a real say.
I believe he also interviewed for DDs job when it was up for grabs. DD obviously got it, but Ikin was seen to have value, so they offered him another role, only to gaslight and freeze him out?

I bring this up because I thought pathways, recruitment, retention was supposed to fall under Ikins sphere of influence. There's an issue that area. I wonder what Kevin's role is in the fall of Ikin and the issues we have an that area.

Many concerns. Arey transformed this team. Arey is the key to our fortunes. It's not Walsh, Hass, Cobbo or Ezra. They're are just the strings he pulls. Spending big money on them might be pointless without a genuine conductor.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
I bring this up because I thought pathways, recruitment, retention was supposed to fall under Ikins sphere of influence. There's an issue that area. I wonder what Kevin's role is in the fall of Ikin and the issues we have an that area.

He obviously held him at gunpoint, what else could it be?

FACTHUNT

FACTHUNT

QCup Player
May 25, 2021
I know any issues with the Broncos were evident prior to .. but wondering if Adam and Payne's public support of Sualii's dog shot on Reece has contributed to some kind of split, or some level of resentment in the playing group.

As a fan I was totally pissed off when I read of their support for Sualii'i. Can only imagine how the rest of the playing group felt. I could absolutely understand if there is any lingering resentment which is having a flow on effect inside the playing group.

Just trying to be really honest here, but I have to admit I lost a bit of respect for our two players over this. Again, being honest if I was in that playing group not sure that I could look at Adam and Payne the same way as I would have done prior to the incident.
Yeah I thought it was ridiculous of Reyno and Payne to be liking and commenting on Sua’ali’i’s post.

Reyno also liked Spencer’s post.

If my friend was racially vilified, or dog shotted on a football field by an acquaintance of mine, I certainly wouldn’t be supporting the acquaintances.

M

mstreet

QCup Player
Sep 3, 2020
You have no clue either but here you are with the insinuations.
Wtf? Day drinking? That's why I'm asking if anyone knows more about that episode. Your response indicates you are unaware of the issue that existed between Ikin and Walter's? Use the search function or go to Google. It's wasn't a secret that Ikin and Walter's didn't get on. More tea, less beers mate.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Wtf? Day drinking? That's why I'm asking if anyone knows more about that episode. Your response indicates you are unaware of the issue that existed between Ikin and Walter's? Use the search function or go to Google. It's wasn't a secret that Ikin and Walter's didn't get on. More tea, less beers mate.

Avoid the media, it's not all true. They're employed to get you to buy newspapers and click on links, that's literally their job. Don't allow yourself to be manipulated. It's not that interesting anyway.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Yeah I thought it was ridiculous of Reyno and Payne to be liking and commenting on Sua’ali’i’s post.

Reyno also liked Spencer’s post.

If my friend was racially vilified, or dog shotted on a football field by an acquaintance of mine, I certainly wouldn’t be supporting the acquaintances.
Seems like the honeymoon period for Reynolds is over. Maybe he’s seeing the young stars now getting paid and becoming too Hollywood to put in at training. It’s feeling very 2016

Active Now

• john1420
  • Santa
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • Financeguy
  • davidp
  • HarryAllan7
  • Cavalo
  • Wolfie
  • Mick_Hancock
  • sooticus
  • Scdeac
  • maddo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.