THE COACH Kevin Walters

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
Yeah I thought it was ridiculous of Reyno and Payne to be liking and commenting on Sua’ali’i’s post.

Reyno also liked Spencer’s post.

If my friend was racially vilified, or dog shotted on a football field by an acquaintance of mine, I certainly wouldn’t be supporting the acquaintances.
Didn’t know about Spencer’s post. That’s shit from him.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Our injury crisis is a good enough reason to miss the top 4.
It's not a good enough reason to miss the 8.

Fun game to play is take a shot everytime we make enough meters to get to our own kicks. Been sober as a judge for most of '24
We have not looked top 4 at any time in the season. Panthers, Storm, Roosters have all looked a clear notch above us. I thought we'd towel the Sharks but they outclassed us. Lately, I'm not so sure our full strength will better the Dolphins.

Broncosgirl

Broncosgirl

Deep in the Heart of Queensland
Contributor
Nov 9, 2022
I live with one. She be the worst coach.
I wasn't referring to coaching tho.

And I certainly wasn't referring to our players running in 30m and bashing another player as BroncosFever said

That wasn't what my post was about at all.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I wasn't referring to coaching tho.

And I certainly wasn't referring to our players running in 30m and bashing another player as BroncosFever said

That wasn't what my post was about at all.
I would bring a stock whip to training, and crack the fucker every time I saw something I didn't like. Next one goes on your ass, mofo.

Broncosgirl

Broncosgirl

Deep in the Heart of Queensland
Contributor
Nov 9, 2022
I would bring a stock whip to training, and crack the fucker every time I saw something I didn't like. Next one goes on your ass, mofo.
You're lovely wife could make herself a fortune if she hung around here for a bit, and offered her services, where she saw fit, at half price 😆

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Seems like the honeymoon period for Reynolds is over. Maybe he’s seeing the young stars now getting paid and becoming too Hollywood to put in at training. It’s feeling very 2016
Reynolds is an incoming coach. Or at least that's what he thinks. I wonder if he's been helping with coaching while he's recovering?

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
How many games this season have we had our first choice spine on the park?
How many games have we had our first choice backline on the park?
How many games have we had our first choice forward pack on the park?

The answers say it all about where this season is at.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
How many games this season have we had our first choice spine on the park?
How many games have we had our first choice backline on the park?
How many games have we had our first choice forward pack on the park?

The answers say it all about where this season is at.
You could ask the same of all the current top 8. The Storm and Panthers at 1 and 2, for example, have been without Munster and Cleary respectively. The mark of a great team is having the next off the rank step up and challenge the incumbent. Like Jesse Arthars did to Oates.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
You could ask the same of all the current top 8. The Storm and Panthers at 1 and 2, for example, have been without Munster and Cleary respectively. The mark of a great team is having the next off the rank step up and challenge the incumbent. Like Jesse Arthars did to Oates.
All good points. Unfortunately we’re not those teams and also don’t have a premiership winning coach with years of experience. Both those clubs also have much better depth than we do at this stage.

FACTHUNT

FACTHUNT

QCup Player
May 25, 2021
Didn’t know about Spencer’s post. That’s shit from him.
Screenshot 2024 06 30 at 111642am

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Wait so we’re upset that a bloke like a post by Spencer Leinu that was about his origin debut?!

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Yep. In every aspect .. the Broncos look soft. So soft. Every single time we are met with aggression .. we go softer and softer. Broncos need to get the sport psychologists into our team as soon as possible .. before it becomes anymore of a habit.

They do need help in some areas. Laughable that another poster reckons the players dont get coached to a certain degree on their aggression. You actually hear coaches say they want it from their team.

Sports physiologists for some players work wonders, others they dont really help at all. Its not something though that should be ignored.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I'm going to defend the guy again here because some of this talk is really disappointing to me. Give the guy a chance.

Some of you are sinking the boot in on the back of a defeat to NZ in NZ in the middle of origin without 5 of our best players. Now because memories can be very short, some of you guys might not be aware of this but even the great Wayne Bennett with star-studded sides lost to NZ in such circumstances from time to time.

Some of you are saying there is no improvement well I am sorry but there was today. The first half was abysmal but the second half was much more respectable despite losing two forwards from an already massive depleted forward pack. So it seems to me whatever he said at half time worked to an extent. It isn't any surprise we ran out of puff at the end but also, this might come as a real shock, Kevvie is not a miracle worker. I challenge any coach with that side out there today to do much better.

Kevvie rightly said in the press conference the club is currently in the middle of an injury crisis and they are, look at the long term injuries we've had at various times this year:
- Arthars, Walsh, Sailor, Mariner, Haas, Baker, Taupau, Pereira, Te Kura, Hunt, Oates, Piakura, Riki, Reynolds, Hoeter (and more) and short term ones to Cobbo, Mam, Madden, Walters, Staggs, Riki

I challenge any coach to be doing well with this much disruption on the back of losing several players at the end of last season, a short preseason and a huge interval trip at the start of the year and another one just a couple of days after origin.

These are not excuses, they are facts and yet despite all of this, as it stands right now, the Broncos are STILL in the top 8. All Kevvie can do is try and keep us afloat until the cavalry returns and he is pretty much doing that. He isn't the one out there dropping balls left, right and centre and again, looking at the injuries listed above, who can he even call on to replace guys who need replacing? There is no one there to replace them.

Some excellent points in there mate. I dont have an issue with us losing tbh when we are under strength. The main issue with Kevvie for me is we seem to not be that resilient and our system isnt strong enough to handle missing players. Its probably a side effect of how we play. We rely on big plays and being a bit razzle dazzle and it probably doesnt lend itself to getting results under strength.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Some excellent points in there mate. I dont have an issue with us losing tbh when we are under strength. The main issue with Kevvie for me is we seem to not be that resilient and our system isnt strong enough to handle missing players. Its probably a side effect of how we play. We rely on big plays and being a bit razzle dazzle and it probably doesnt lend itself to getting results under strength.

I'm not happy about how we are going either, I'm just willing to cut Kevvie some slack because there are legit reasons we are going to poorly.

Some posters have mentioned that other teams like Melbourne an Penrith have had to deal with key injuries and this is true but in both cases, most if not all of their forward packs have remained intact. The other key difference is that their second line of depth is nowhere near as affected as ours. We are having to rely on blokes we don't want to rely on because the two sometimes three players in front have all gone down injured.

Look at how Redcliffe did against us with a similar injury toll. I think the most comparable team right now is Canberra and look at them, they are blowing hot and cold too. Would other teams' systems hold up with their second line players out as much as ours? I doubt many would.

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • sooticus
  • Dexter
  • Old Mate
  • Brotherdu
  • Dash
  • FACTHUNT
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Sproj
  • johnyE
  • john1420
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.