THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Is Maguire really the messiah though??

He's the best option available in a very limited field. Yes I believe he would be an improvement on Kev, at the very least from an effort areas point of view. He wouldn't have fucked around for weeks keeping Smoothy in the side over Mozer, for example.

Agreed. He may turn it around but you pretty much wave goodbye to the '25 season too if you sack a coach half way through. That'll be 2 wasted seasons in a supposed "premiership window". I kinda hope we lose out from here as that will make his position untenable. Based upon todays performance it's not completely outside the realm of possibility.

The goodwill from last year will be completely gone (already is in my opinion).
Then we’re in a rebuild phase in ‘26 because Reynolds likely won’t be around anymore. Another 10 year cycle

He's the best option available in a very limited field. Yes I believe he would be an improvement on Kev, at the very least from an effort areas point of view. He wouldn't have fucked around for weeks keeping Smoothy in the side over Mozer, for example.
You know that’s complete dribble from you though right?

I wouldn’t mind betting we soon start hearing murmurs from agents about their players fearing for their development if they stay at the club, particularly cobbo given he is on record as not rating Kevvie as a coach.

Obviously Cobbo`s hand is not right .
And hasn`t been for some time .

The manner of this loss concerns me greatly it really does. Let’s see what Kevvie has got in the remaining month of this season. If we rack up more huge defeats like this, I don’t see him surviving which would be so sad after the amazing work he has done turning us around.

That said, losses like today do make you wonder about the dressing room because if he has lost them, we’ll know pretty quick and that would not only be sad for Kevvie, it would be a pretty big indictment on the players.

I would like to look even beyond the head coach and find out why we’ve looked so unfit this year compared to last. What changed there? However is in charge of fitness needs to be the first one fired, we’ve looked behind everyone else all year.

We need to get in an actually good, proven defensive coach. It’s of course the bleeding obvious but if we have a defense that knows what it’s doing, we win this whole thing. The fact we are so far off the pace means we need to look at those two departments first and foremost.

If players don’t buy in to hard work - see you later. I’m still hopin Kevvie can turn it around and unless we see more flogging, I think he will be given the chance to do so but whatever the case, go and but the best defense and fitness coach money can buy, throw the chequebook at them. This in itself will go a long way to turning things around.

Between Kevvie and his on field assistant coach Reynolds they are not adjusting to opposition tactics .
Oppositions making plans to exploit weaknessess and hammering them . Broncos on Saturday could see from the 1st 5 minutes the Bulldogs strategy . Broncos are compressing their defence . Go around them ! Again and again and again .
Neither Kevvie nor Adam adjusted to combat this . Poor preperation and poor in- game management .
And Reynolds is sposed to be a Rugba League master mind ??

We’ve got huge problems across the board that have been glossed over by some of the most amazing ad-lib football. It’s more than Kevvie and it’s more than the players. It’s the club as a whole. We’ve gotta be ruthless as a club. We are this big great club that doesn’t act like a big great club. We’re too passive across the board. We’ve taken too much bullshit for too long from players and player managers alike. Our standards are in the gutter and that’s what can be seen on the field. But at least we have a successful past and some nice merchandise and big crowds.

Let’s actually look at some options and not just ooh he won origin this year therefore he is flavour of the month which was Slater last year. Let’s actually discuss options who are going to be able to take this team forward and not just more of the same:

Maguire (who since the premiership year has a woeful NRL record)
Arthur
Slater
Hannay
Smith
Lam
Holbrook
Whoever is current assistant at Panthers
Sheens
Rohan Smith
Karmichael Hunt
Teo
Hodges
Someone from Q Cup
Tallis
Thorn
BHQ
Other

Go.

Uh oh, it's started:

"Because let’s be honest, if the Broncos miss the top eight this season then Kevvie Walters will be under huge pressure to keep his job. Kevvie is one of the most likeable blokes in the business but Brisbane are simply too big a club to tolerate playing finals just once in five years. It might sound harsh to say Walters’ job is on the line less than nine months after guiding the club to the grand final, but look at Parramatta."

Let’s actually look at some options and not just ooh he won origin this year therefore he is flavour of the month which was Slater last year. Let’s actually discuss options who are going to be able to take this team forward and not just more of the same:

Arthur
Slater
Hannay
Smith
Lam
Holbrook
Sheens
Rohan Smith
Karmichael Hunt
Teo
Hodges
Someone from Q Cup
Tallis
Thorn
BHQ
Other

Go.

For me, Cameron Smith ticks all the boxes for dream "deputy coach," except one: wanting the job.

Arthur
Slater
Hannay
Smith
Lam
Holbrook
Sheens
Rohan Smith
Karmichael Hunt
Teo
Hodges
Someone from Q Cup
Tallis
Thorn
BHQ
Other

Go.
I wonder if anyone picked up the phone to Bellamy and offered him the world. That’s the pipe dream.

Or we are a huge club, go after a big fish, even someone under contract. Show them the money.

We’ve got huge problems across the board that have been glossed over by some of the most amazing ad-lib football. It’s more than Kevvie and it’s more than the players. It’s the club as a whole. We’ve gotta be ruthless as a club. We are this big great club that doesn’t act like a big great club. We’re too passive across the board. We’ve taken too much bullshit for too long from players and player managers alike. Our standards are in the gutter and that’s what can be seen on the field. But at least we have a successful past and some nice merchandise and big crowds.
Should the club have sacked Cobbo when he publicly badmouthed Kevvie or was he too big to fall?

Some people rightly think a rookie coach is going to be a risk, especially in a job this size but unless you are getting a Bennett or Bellamy then i dont think we are in position where we dont have to take some kind of a risk tbh with our next appointment.

I think in terms of Superleague coaches, i'd be looking at Peet as he is showing he can handle the pressure of coaching one of the biggest clubs anywhere in Rugby league. After that, Peters has rebuilt Hull KR into a really good side. Lam and Mcnamara have done very good jobs at their clubs, and the England coach Wane has done well wherever he has coached pretty much. The outsider could be somebody like Burgess who has also impressed in his first job.

Coaches with NRL experience are either going to be blokes like Madge, JD, Arthar etc who have all had some bad failures to go with successes, or you look at an unproven coach with promise like Hannay. Coaches like Ciraldo i dont think we have a cat in hells chance of getting here.

I wonder if anyone picked up the phone to Bellamy and offered him the world. That’s the pipe dream.

Or we are a huge club, go after a big fish, even someone under contract. Show them the money.
We don’t act like the huge club we’re though.

Uh oh, it's started:

"Because let’s be honest, if the Broncos miss the top eight this season then Kevvie Walters will be under huge pressure to keep his job. Kevvie is one of the most likeable blokes in the business but Brisbane are simply too big a club to tolerate playing finals just once in five years. It might sound harsh to say Walters’ job is on the line less than nine months after guiding the club to the grand final, but look at Parramatta."

mckinnon trotted out an article like this a few months ago be interesting to see how close word to word it is

oo look it is the one from a month ago lol

I think we have been weak with blokes like Mam, Cobbo, Payne and Piakura for example in terms of contracts because we seem shit scared of losing promising or big name players. They are all being overpaid because their management have taken us for a ride.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • GCBRONCO
  • Allo
  • Financeguy
  • Wolfie
  • Waynesaurus
  • phoenix
  • Rambstien
  • Mick_Hancock
  • bb_gun
  • Spooky1013
  • Brocko
  • FACTHUNT
  • Browny
  • broncos4life
  • HarryAllan7
  • BroncosAlways
  • Robboi_321
  • Fozz
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.