THE COACH Kevin Walters

I've made it clear before we put him in the job I don't think he is good enough to be head coach here. The honourable loss comment earlier is a good point. If we were just getting beaten but being competitive then I wouldn't have as much concern as I have now. We are getting battered weekly. I'm not seeing any improvement anywhere. It's not good enough. It's all well backing the coach, but at the same time, we need to be showing more than we are currently.

I've made it clear before we put him in the job I don't think he is good enough to be head coach here. The honourable loss comment earlier is a good point. If we were just getting beaten but being competitive then I wouldn't have as much concern as I have now. We are getting battered weekly. I'm not seeing any improvement anywhere. It's not good enough. It's all well backing the coach, but at the same time, we need to be showing more than we are currently.

since we've been comparing Fagan to Kevvie, let's take a closer look at the Lions rebuild. (i'm sure someone will correct me if my timeline is wrong)

1st year: easy beats
2nd year: competitive but still a majority of losses
3rd year: sign an aging leader to complement the youth (Hodge) = finals bound

to me it seems like Kevvie is just planning on skipping year 2 😉

since we've been comparing Fagan to Kevvie, let's take a closer look at the Lions rebuild. (i'm sure someone will correct me if my timeline is wrong)

1st year: easy beats
2nd year: competitive but still a majority of losses
3rd year: sign an aging leader to complement the youth (Hodge) = finals bound

to me it seems like Kevvie is just planning on skipping year 2 😉
And 3

Maybe it's the assistant coaches? Keeping with the Fagan/AFL thing just a bit longer, Geelong did an internal review in 2006 and changed their assistants instead of the head coach. They won the next year. Same thing with Richmond in 2016 (But they were underperforming, not completely woeful.)

But until the Broncos board and the backroom staff are on the same page as the football department, it doesn't matter who the coach is, they will still lose. That's one of the things culture/philosophy/brand/ values or whatever other technical names they have for it refers to.

Maybe it's the assistant coaches? Keeping with the Fagan/AFL thing just a bit longer, Geelong did an internal review in 2006 and changed their assistants instead of the head coach. They won the next year. Same thing with Richmond in 2016 (But they were underperforming, not completely woeful.)

But until the Broncos board and the backroom staff are on the same page as the football department, it doesn't matter who the coach is, they will still lose. That's one of the things culture/philosophy/brand/ values or whatever other technical names they have for it refers to.
Bennett did it as well in 2005. Didn't he get rid of some 'yes men' assistant coaches and fucking win the premiership the next year.. or is my memory failing me..?

Ikin ripped into Kevvie on 360 tonight, in particular about his halves rotation.

Ikin ripped into Kevvie on 360 tonight, in particular about his halves rotation.
He’s right, it’s what most of us have been saying now for weeks, there’s no rhyme or reason in what he is doing.

Ikin made the same observation most of us did last week, Niu wasn’t even in the side on the weekend before Coates went down & he does a couple of good things and now he’s the starting fullback this week. And after we get pumped by 50pts again this week Niu will be dropped again.

Kevvie is just stumbling around in the dark fluking selections, there doesn’t appear to be any plan or direction in what he is doing.

I’d be choosing matty Elliot and Neil Henry to replace the three stooges in charge at the moment. They both have very good footy brains . Alf and kevvie can provide the half time entertainment.

Bennett did it as well in 2005. Didn't he get rid of some 'yes men' assistant coaches and fucking win the premiership the next year.. or is my memory failing me..?
😆 Gary Belcher, Glenn Lazarus and Kevin Walters were the assistants moved on in late 2005. Good memory. I forgot about Belcher and Lazarus going at the same time as Kevie.

Flanagan has won an NRL premiership as a head coach. He would be good coming in as an assistant, because players know he knows how to win. Even trying for Cam Smith to come in as a part time consultant to work with the spine.

Oh, and find somebody to do whatever Cyrill Connell used to do. Because we haven't been the same since.

Can we please, for the love of all things good, STOP talking about Cameron Fucking Smith as a potential coaching staffer? He hates this club and would do anything to see us fail, why the **** would he come here? You're dreaming, wake up!

Can we please, for the love of all things good, STOP talking about Cameron Fucking Smith as a potential coaching staffer? He hates this club and would do anything to see us fail, why the **** would he come here? You're dreaming, wake up!
Wow. A bloke might hate his potential employer? Wonder if that's ever happened in the world, ever before.

Wow. A bloke might hate his potential employer? Wonder if that's ever happened in the world, ever before.

So you think he would come here why? Genuinely curious.

I'd also say if you hate your potential employer, you're looking at the wrong job, but that's just me.

Of course it has......to many normal working class people who need that job to pay the mortgage.
CS9 on the other hand has millions behind him, would have paid off his house, no doubt has a car to pull his boat, wife has a diamond ring, and if he's been smart with his money doesn't need to work another day in his life, and still has a Ch 9 commentary gig that would pay alright.
But yeah, go ahead and compare the 2 situations as if they are the same.

Badel claims that Broncos fans have turned on Kev, because Oates isn't in the side.

also claims that Oates has left meetings with Kev, "puzzled" about what he needs to do to get back into the team

Badel claims that Broncos fans have turned on Kev, because Oates isn't in the side.

also claims that Oates has left meetings with Kev, "puzzled" about what he needs to do to get back into the team

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Oates is confused, not really sure what else he can do other than strap rockets on his shoes to get faster.

Might need to change the tipping margin to 45...

Wheels are falling off very very quickly.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Oates is confused, not really sure what else he can do other than strap rockets on his shoes to get faster.

To be fair, and I love the bloke, but I really don't think this would be too difficult...love ya Oatsey, you should be in the team btw...

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Hurrijo
  • lynx000
  • BroncoFan94
  • TimWhatley
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skyblues87
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Morkel
  • rj9
  • BruiserMk1
  • bert_lifts
  • Rookie Alan
  • Dash
  • Cavalo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Alec
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.