THE COACH Kevin Walters

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Oates is confused, not really sure what else he can do other than strap rockets on his shoes to get faster.

I have no doubt Oates knows exactly what he needs to do.

and my guess is it starts will multiple performances like he had last week in the ISC

I have no doubt Oates knows exactly what he needs to do.

and my guess is it starts will multiple performances like he had last week in the ISC

Last week was pretty much what he has been doing sent he got dropped the first time.

Of course it has......to many normal working class people who need that job to pay the mortgage.
CS9 on the other hand has millions behind him, would have paid off his house, no doubt has a car to pull his boat, wife has a diamond ring, and if he's been smart with his money doesn't need to work another day in his life, and still has a Ch 9 commentary gig that would pay alright.
But yeah, go ahead and compare the 2 situations as if they are the same.
I never compared 2 situations. You pretty much just made it an option of the 2, not me.

So you think rich people don't want to make more money? CS9 has been pretty honest about the Broncos in the podcasts with Kemp. He didn't see a path to first grade at Brisbane, and doesn't hate the club, but always loved to play against us because he was a supporter as a kid.

If you think he would turn down a cruisy job with a high financial reward because of this so called tribalism and hatred of the club, you need to actually think about how the real world works.

Badel claims that Broncos fans have turned on Kev, because Oates isn't in the side.

also claims that Oates has left meetings with Kev, "puzzled" about what he needs to do to get back into the team
So he's been reading facebook and instagram comments

Badel claims that Broncos fans have turned on Kev, because Oates isn't in the side.

also claims that Oates has left meetings with Kev, "puzzled" about what he needs to do to get back into the team
He averaged over 150m in the NRL before he got dropped. I don't think anybody knows what Kevvie wants from Oates, because if you had to describe Oates in a brief sentence it's "bulk hard yards, quick play the balls, and prone to a few errors"

I honestly think Oates would be in the QLD side come game 2 if he had been playing for Brisbane

He averaged over 150m in the NRL before he got dropped. I don't think anybody knows what Kevvie wants from Oates, because if you had to describe Oates in a brief sentence it's "bulk hard yards, quick play the balls, and prone to a few errors"

I honestly think Oates would be in the QLD side come game 2 if he had been playing for Brisbane

i didn't realize that playing wing was all about how many meters you averaged. thanks for correcting me ...

BTW there have been a couple of common complaints about Oates going all the way back to 2015 ... he still has those issues in his game

So you think he would come here why? Genuinely curious.

I'd also say if you hate your potential employer, you're looking at the wrong job, but that's just me.
Money.

I'll work for a bloke who raped my dad if he pays me enough. You don't have to like who you work for, as long as they pay you.

i didn't realize that playing wing was all about how many meters you averaged. thanks for correcting me ...

BTW there have been a couple of common complaints about Oates going all the way back to 2015 ... he still has those issues in his game
When you are talking about Oates on a wing, yeah that's a pretty big thing. Especially when you have a bloke like Coates on the other wing who doesn't know how to spell the phrase "post contact metres"

There has been a common complaint about Oates rushing in on his wing, but of the current wingers KW is selecting, who has been good defensively? I'd actually argue Oates has been the best, because at least when he charges in, he takes the bloke with him, where people like Coates rush out and are just standing there watching the winger score untouched.

Which thing hasn't he done? He's still making a bucket load of metres, he has reduced his errors as far as I can see and he has pulling out some really big defensive pretty consistently since he first got dropped. I don't blame Oates for being confused at all.

Pete’s been trawling BHQ for articles again.

Fans definitely are turning on Kev, and rightfully so, however I have no issue with Oates not being picked - his 500k PO needs to go.

I think it’s pretty obvious what Oates needs to do to get picked - sign elsewhere for next year.

Pete’s been trawling BHQ for articles again.

Fans definitely are turning on Kev, and rightfully so, however I have no issue with Oates not being picked - his 500k PO needs to go.

I think it’s pretty obvious what Oates needs to do to get picked - sign elsewhere for next year.

But he isn't in the shop window in reserve grade. How much of that 500k would we save if he goes elsewhere? I highly doubt anyone will offer over 1-200k for him if we are EXTREMELY lucky and I could only see that coming from a fellow desperation club like the Dogs...but then they already have Okunbor, DWZ currently at least, JAC and Cotric. Not even they would want him.

But he isn't in the shop window in reserve grade. How much of that 500k would we save if he goes elsewhere? I highly doubt anyone will offer over 1-200k for him if we are EXTREMELY lucky and I could only see that coming from a fellow desperation club like the Dogs...but then they already have Okunbor, DWZ currently at least, JAC and Cotric. Not even they would want him.
Oates could easily get 350k. He doesn’t need to be in the shop window.. Teams won’t beat $500k for him but knowing he will languish in Q CUP for 18 months may force him to not take up his PO, which means we don’t pay anything.

Oates could easily get 350k. He doesn’t need to be in the shop window.. Teams won’t beat $500k for him but knowing he will languish in Q CUP for 18 months may force him to not take up his PO, which means we don’t pay anything.

That's a big Gamble though, don't forget what happened with Bird.

Then we keep him and play next year.

And then what has been gained by this whole exercise other than to be a player offside and create more confusion and distrust amongst a fractured team?

I never compared 2 situations. You pretty much just made it an option of the 2, not me.

So you think rich people don't want to make more money? CS9 has been pretty honest about the Broncos in the podcasts with Kemp. He didn't see a path to first grade at Brisbane, and doesn't hate the club, but always loved to play against us because he was a supporter as a kid.

If you think he would turn down a cruisy job with a high financial reward because of this so called tribalism and hatred of the club, you need to actually think about how the real world works.
Of course you did, it's right there.
1 poster said CS9 won't coach the Broncos because he hates us.
You said, that's never happened before, sarcastically pointing out that it has, thus suggesting it could happen with CS9, therefore comparing the 2 situations.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-17 175240.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-06-17 175240.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 62

Active Now

• Jazza
  • theshed
  • Aldo
  • Broncs1459
  • Dash
  • Lozza
  • Spoon
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
  • sooticus
  • HarryAllan7
  • Rookie Alan
  • Broncorob
  • Gaz
  • Foordy
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.