THE COACH Kevin Walters

Dragons did that with McGregor, they'd go an early season streak then the contract renewal would be announced and they'd fold up, think it happened twice actually
That was more down to an incapable front office.

- Despite having 10 players out yesterday, got his team up to beat a team that was in form and flying
Some good points and happy for Kev and the team. Love seeing us kick some butt this year but pulling you up on this point.

It's fucking St George, who had won two games in a row and was without the most inform player in the comp. They got 56 put on them this week, even with him back in the side. Hardly a metric to use to promote Kev's prospects.

Some good points and happy for Kev and the team. Love seeing us kick some butt this year but pulling you up on this point.

It's fucking St George, who had won two games in a row and was without the most inform player in the comp. They got 56 put on them this week, even with him back in the side. Hardly a metric to use to promote Kev's prospects.
you seemed to have missed the 'missing 10 player's " part

you seemed to have missed the 'missing 10 player's " part
Doesn't disqualify what I said. The dragons are not "flying" or "in form". We at least had our chief play maker on the field and the Dragons rely on Hunt more then we rely on Arey.

There have been better performances then last week to use as a metric to sign kev up for more seasons.

Doesn't disqualify what I said. The dragons are not "flying" or "in form". We at least had our chief play maker on the field and the Dragons rely on Hunt more then we rely on Arey.

There have been better performances then last week to use as a metric to sign kev up for more seasons.
but still we were missing 10 not 1 , and the dragons were sitting 8th so it's not like they're completely shit.

Except they were, they had won 7 of their last ten and four of their previous 5 before playing us. They were missing just Hunt and we were missing most of our team.

One thing I want to give Kev and the coaching staff a wrap for is not only has Carrigan developed a passing game which at one stage I was beginning to think was impossible, but all our middle forwards are digging into the line and ball playing really well. One thing to have a 1 or 2 Radley type link men in Hetherington and Carrigan but guys like Haas and even god damn Flegler and Kennedy are throwing nice passes out to Reynolds. It’s really impressive. .

One thing I want to give Kev and the coaching staff a wrap for is not only has Carrigan developed a passing game which at one stage I was beginning to think was impossible, but all our middle forwards are digging into the line and ball playing really well. One thing to have a 1 or 2 Radley type link men in Hetherington and Carrigan but guys like Haas and even god damn Flegler and Kennedy are throwing nice passes out to Reynolds. It’s really impressive. .
It's what I've noticed, every forward is getting involved in passing with a line run, it's why we are soo dangerous on the edges because we never struggle to get good ball that way.

It's what I've noticed, every forward is getting involved in passing with a line run, it's why we are soo dangerous on the edges because we never struggle to get good ball that way.
I have noticed particularly the past two weeks we have been playing with a lot more width, and most probably why our second rowers metres are up.

I am wondering if this is a game plan we are planning on using to counter teams with aggressive line speed (I.e panthers) or move bigger packs around.

I have noticed particularly the past two weeks we have been playing with a lot more width, and most probably why our second rowers metres are up.

I am wondering if this is a game plan we are planning on using to counter teams with aggressive line speed (I.e panthers) or move bigger packs around.

I reckon it is that but also that we have tried to work around our bargain basement reserve forwards a bit too as we have been decimated in the middle.

It might be getting to the stage where we have to give Matterson and Cartwright some credit as well!
I was thinking the other day that I wanted Kevvie to go out and sign an assistant coach in the off season, but was disappointed when they didn't.

However, from the way Reyno talks it sounds like Kevvie did go and sign an assistant coach, it just so happens that he's playing halfback and captaining the side as well.

Cartwright apparently has been in charge of our defence, which has hugely improved, so he does deserve credit there.

It might be getting to the stage where we have to give Matterson and Cartwright some credit as well!
I think what this thread shows is that you need to give coaches a good 2-3 years to really stamp their mark on a club. Get them in, clean up the roster to their liking and give them time to really get their ideas across.

We all wanted to be winning 50-0 and steamrolling our way to #7, but the way we're improving at the moment feels very wholesome. We're doing it the right way with the right people.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Brocko
  • Skathen
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • Kev_Guz
  • Santa
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.