Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Knee Injury Ends Bird's Season

broncos.com.au
Sat 11 May 2019, 12:48 PM

NRMA Insurance Broncos centre Jack Bird has had his 2019 cruelly cut short with a season-ending knee injury.
Bird was left clutching his left knee after getting caught up in a tackle during the second half of last night's win over the Sea Eagles.
Bird underwent an MRI scan late last night confirming a ruptured Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL).
The injury will rule Bird out for the remainder of the 2019 season, with a lengthy recover process ahead of him.
Bird will now join hooker Andrew McCullough on the sidelines after he injured his MCL at Broncos training last week.

Source: https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2019/05/11/knee-injury-ends-birds-season-injury-update/

That's pretty rough for the bloke. Hope he hangs around and doesn't head home.

****, can you imagine how he's feeling?

Gutted for the lad, really loved the desire he was showing this year.

Twist of irony that the guy who tackled Bird causing this also has done an ACL

Best of luck with recovery to both of them

Terrible news...so sorry for Jack as he really appeared to be hitting his straps of late.

Hope he sticks around and tears it up for us next season [emoji106]

Could be potentially his last game for the broncos? This is just cruel

Could be potentially his last game for the broncos? This is just cruel

He's certainly going to need a lot of support to go through all the rehab and recovery. I think there is a chance he may want to head home to Sydney after all the bad luck he has had. Such a shame for the poor bloke.

That just sucks, he was really playing well this year.

Is he our worst (by worst i mean no luck) high profile signing ever?

Shame really, I thought he was one of if not our best this season, played with real heart and tenacity

Poor guy, was really starting to show his worth this year. Hopefully we get to see him back in our colours next season.

It’s a bit funny though, 1 week ago, we have Jack birds, James Roberts two Origin level centers, and Kotoni Staggs. Now Bird is gone, Roberts is “ gone “ too, we only have staggs, also the best other options is switching back rower David Fifita tocenter.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • Johnny92
  • Galah
  • Organix
  • winslow_wong
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
  • mystico
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Stix
  • cento
  • bazza
  • Justwin
  • broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.