Knights target Ennis and Finch for product recall

I think Smith will sign for much less than he could get elsewhere.He's limited to 2 clubs really.Otherwise it's simply a choice of being 1600(n q) kilometres from home or 1000 ks(Sydney) or 2000 ks( New Zealand) or perhaps staying in Melbourne...England perhaps on huge money ??
If he wants to be close to home he'd better play for small beer
Options seem limited to me.

mick! said:
Ennis/Marsh is the sharpest 1-2 rake punch in the competition. The Menace MUST be re-signed.

Hear hear my friend!

He and Hannant should be signed asap.

Better sign him up, dont want him to leave!! Finchy can go back for all I care but not micky!! [eusa_naugh

Clintos said:
All thr Broncos should do is cancel the contracts they currently have with Nick Emmett, Shane Perry and the likes that don't even play regularly, and when we need them just take them from the QLD cup. That will free up any extra cash we would need for contract upgrades. Then we could still have the dough left over from Tunza retiring and the likely exit of Michaels to sign whoever they desire.

agreed. if we need a centre there are plenty of talented 1's in the QLD cup.

how much would we be paying Frawley or Hewwitt to not play a 1st grade game???

spoonbled said:
Clintos said:
All thr Broncos should do is cancel the contracts they currently have with Nick Emmett, Shane Perry and the likes that don't even play regularly, and when we need them just take them from the QLD cup. That will free up any extra cash we would need for contract upgrades. Then we could still have the dough left over from Tunza retiring and the likely exit of Michaels to sign whoever they desire.

agreed. if we need a centre there are plenty of talented 1's in the QLD cup.

how much would we be paying Frawley or Hewwitt to not play a 1st grade game???

Hewitt is injured, so he couldn't play FG even we wanted him to.

Yeah, I'd really like to see us sign Ennis, but we also need to resign Taylor and Hennant and given that we already have signed Izzy [eusa_clap.gi we won't have much money left [eusa_doh

Personally, I don't really care if the knights sign Finchy

Clintos said:
All thr Broncos should do is cancel the contracts they currently have with Nick Emmett, Shane Perry and the likes that don't even play regularly, and when we need them just take them from the QLD cup.

Pretty sure players have to be dual-registered before we can just take them from Q-Cup, so even if we cancel their contracts now we would have to re-instate them before we could select them.

Besides which, Nick Emmett might yet prove useful given the season ending injury to Michaels, and the constant niggles that Hodges and Hunt are picking up.

Flutterby said:
Clintos said:
All thr Broncos should do is cancel the contracts they currently have with Nick Emmett, Shane Perry and the likes that don't even play regularly, and when we need them just take them from the QLD cup.

Pretty sure players have to be dual-registered before we can just take them from Q-Cup, so even if we cancel their contracts now we would have to re-instate them before we could select them.
Mick Roberts wasn't duel registered. The players and their respective clubs just need to agree. It need not be duel registered, they are just the players looked at first.

Coxy said:
Besides which, Nick Emmett might yet prove useful given the season ending injury to Michaels, and the constant niggles that Hodges and Hunt are picking up.
Emmett will never prove useful IMO. I don't think he performs that well in the QLD cup. Just my opinion of course.

Clintos said:
Flutterby said:
Clintos said:

Mick Roberts wasn't duel registered. The players and their respective clubs just need to agree. It need not be duel registered, they are just the players looked at first.

Actually he was. Not when they first said they wanted to pick him, but Broncos had to register a contract for him with the NRL (and have them approve it) before he could play.

Oh really. I stand corrected then. I didn't know they made a contract for him to play, I just thought he didn't ahve one.

Yeah it's an NRL thing. Obviously they actually run the comp, so everyone has to be contracted with them. Even if it's just a 'match payments' contract. I don't think it takes much to get the contract registered (as long as there aren't any salary cap issues and it doesn't look dodgy in any way). Some players are dual registered from the start of the season and they are the first looked at, but when you run into major injury problems (as we did in 2006) or if someone comes from no-where with a stellar season in the Q-Cup, then you can contract them at the time you decide you want them.

Yeah i don't see what all the fuss is about with Nick Emmett... hasn't set the world on fire in the few games I've seen him play

Active Now

• Foordy
  • jarro65
  • Galah
  • FACTHUNT
  • lynx000
  • Broncosarethebest
  • GCBRONCO
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Jazza
  • Battler
  • Allo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Waynesaurus
  • Financeguy
  • Fozz
  • LittleDavey
  • kat00
  • Wolfie
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Bucking Beads
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.