Kodi Nikorima Joins the Warriors

The club signed Milford to play 5/8 well before Bennett returned.

But Bennett playing him there is his decision. It wasn’t like Bennett came after Milford was playing 6 for the Broncos for 2 seasons. When Bennett arrived Milford had yet to play a second of football for the Broncos and played fullback for the Raiders.

You don’t sign players to play a position, you sign a player to play for the club in a position that best suits them and the team.

The constant dodging of the question makes me think you don't think he is worth it either.

Milford is worth the money we are paying him.

You don’t sign players to play a position, you sign a player to play for the club in a position that best suits them and the team.

...and in Milford's case, it was 5/8.

Last edited:
Milford was brought here to partner Hunt in the halves.

That is why we signed him. Playing 6 is why he came to the club.

Didn’t Seibs say at the beginning of the season that he backed Nikorima and Milf as the halves pairing for the season? Then he turns around and tells Niko that he’s no longer needed (though this is for next year)?

Can’t blame to guy for leaving Dodge - wouldn’t any of you start looking elsewhere if your employer was basically handing you a “pink slip” (for those not raised during the greatest era (80s) it’s basically a termination notice).

Businesses do that all the time. They tap managers on the shoulder all the time when the strategy or structures change.

We need to stop considering football players the average workers who have some level of protection. They are paid $200k plus which is well outside unfair dismissal rules

Didn’t Seibs say at the beginning of the season that he backed Nikorima and Milf as the halves pairing for the season? Then he turns around and tells Niko that he’s no longer needed (though this is for next year)?

Can’t blame to guy for leaving Dodge - wouldn’t any of you start looking elsewhere if your employer was basically handing you a “pink slip” (for those not raised during the greatest era (80s) it’s basically a termination notice).

I could be wrong but didn’t the warriors come knocking first?

I thought he was quoted as saying that they would be our halves pairing for the start of this season [emoji848]

No guarantees for the whole season.

But Bennett playing him there is his decision. It wasn’t like Bennett came after Milford was playing 6 for the Broncos for 2 seasons. When Bennett arrived Milford had yet to play a second of football for the Broncos and played fullback for the Raiders.

Right. So the Broncos signed a young player who'd played in the halves as a junior, in the halves in under 20s state of origin, got put into fullback for the Raiders first grade squad because that's where they had a spot for him then went back to five eight during 2014, openly stated that they signed him to play five eight here and the drawcard for us was that Darren Lockyer was going to help him develop further as a five eight and your claim is that crazy old man Bennett is the sole voice pushing a natural fullback out of his actual position? That'll do me.

Well, if you have an agenda (not you!) a little thing like evidence to the contrary is unimportant.
Evidence? Show me the contract stating he came here to play 5/8. No club would do that ever!

It may have been (and it was) the intention to bring Milford here to play 5/8, but that doesn't mean it's the only position he could be put into.
More importantly, he came here to be the creative elusive running half we needed, not to become the organising game manager WB pegged him into

Evidence? Show me the contract stating he came here to play 5/8. No club would do that ever!

It may have been (and it was) the intention to bring Milford here to play 5/8, but that doesn't mean it's the only position he could be put into.
More importantly, he came here to be the creative elusive running half we needed, not to become the organising game manager WB pegged him into
We were only responding to the accusation that WB hired him to be a 5/8. The claim was WB brought him to the Broncos to do that but it was obviously a plan made by others. Whether WB agreed was moot. Not sure what you're banging on about.

Right. So the Broncos signed a young player who'd played in the halves as a junior, in the halves in under 20s state of origin, got put into fullback for the Raiders first grade squad because that's where they had a spot for him then went back to five eight during 2014, openly stated that they signed him to play five eight here and the drawcard for us was that Darren Lockyer was going to help him develop further as a five eight and your claim is that crazy old man Bennett is the sole voice pushing a natural fullback out of his actual position? That'll do me.

That’s not what I said at all, not even close. I said at the point that Bennett came he was not an established 5/8 so if Bennett saw his best position for Anthony and the team being fullback then it wouldn’t have been an issue, as in it is not like he would have had to relearn fullback or lose muscle to play it, quite the opposite in fact.

That’s not what I said at all, not even close. I said at the point that Bennett came he was not an established 5/8 so if Bennett saw his best position for Anthony and the team being fullback then it wouldn’t have been an issue, as in it is not like he would have had to relearn fullback or lose muscle to play it, quite the opposite in fact.

Funny, this is exactly what you said:
He was signed to the club and had not played a minute at the Broncos when Bennett arrived. Milford at 6 is completely on Bennett for better or worse.
in response to:
Wasn't Milford signed as a 6 in 2014 before Bennett even arrived and thus inherited it?

Doesn't seem like there's much in there about relearning positions or losing muscle.

Funny, this is exactly what you said:

in response to:

Doesn't seem like there's much in there about relearning positions or losing muscle.

I said that if Bennett wanted him to stay at fullback he would have been a fullback. My original response was to someone suggesting that Milford being a fullback had nothing to do with Bennett like he was already playing 6 under Griffin or something.

I wonder how long will it be before the Wayne Bennett v whoever comparisons and posts will stop (will they ever stop???). If in a few years we are onto the third coach post WB and WB is long gone will we still be doing this?

I wonder how long will it be before the Wayne Bennett v whoever comparisons and posts will stop (will they ever stop???). If in a few years we are onto the third coach post WB and WB is long gone will we still be doing this?

It depends. If he wins a premiership with someone else's team in that time then we are screwed, it will go on and on forever. If he doesn't then I suspect it will peter out. If we snag one somehow it will stop.

Last edited:
It depends. If he wins a premiership with someone else's team in that time then we are screwed, it will go on and on forever. If he doesn't then I suspect it will peter out. If we snag one somehow it will stop.
If we were to snag one with the core of this team would you be chalking up our success to Bennett?

Unread

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.