Korbin Sims out for the season

Yeah I don't think you actually saw Korbin. Maybe it was his doppelganger because Korbin isn't exactly tiny by any means unless your 6-10 and weigh 150 kgs then maybe he looks small to you

It was him. Yeah he had size but not omg size. I guess, as mentioned, that tv does make them look bigger.

It was him. Yeah he had size but not omg size. I guess, as mentioned, that tv does make them look bigger.
honestly, i reckon that is TV for you.

I expected footy players to be huge when i first saw them - sure they're big but they're not the monsters they're made out to be. A couple of my friends dwarf most footy players (not Nelson Solomona).

it's the little dudes that make you go wow more than anything else. they're about as wide as they are tall.

TV apparently makes some players look smaller too, since Kodi Nikorima and Matt Bowen are supposed to be 174-175cm according to "official" stats.

Can't mistake that straw like hair and beard. Looked like Marv from home alone and his arm was in a sling. He wasn't knik tiny but as I said, for a prop I expected more size!
Perception I guess.

I wasn't impressed with Adam Blair's size when I met him last year either. While he isn't in the monster size (Kasiano, Klemmer, Fifita, Tamou, Boyd, Burgess twins), he is in the tier below, alongside the likes of Aaron Woods, JWH, Dylan Napa, etc... so definitely not small. Korbin is about his size too.

TV apparently makes some players look smaller too, since Kodi Nikorima and Matt Bowen are supposed to be 174-175cm according to "official" stats.
5-7 is pretty short to most people though

I met Steve Price. He wasn't much bigger than me. Terry Campese was comparable. In contrast Denan Kemp looked way bigger IRL. Probably because I expected him to be a whippet.

Yeah, when I met Copley I was surprised how huge he was yet blokes like Thaiday and Parker were shorter than me...
Can confirm Thaiday is short. Way shorter than he's listed.

Backs are the ones that surprise me. Most look scrawny next to the forwards, but in reality they're so much bulkier than the average Joe.

I remember meeting Parker at a signing and couldn't believe how 'normal' he was. The TV sure added the extra kgs (of muscle). :porthozthinksthisishot:

On the flip side.... I met Petro at a PR thing up here in Cairns.

Holy hell!!! That's one big unit!!!

Not sure where I saw it but is it true that if someone offloads after their hitup those metres aren't counted towards their metres gained stat? So players like Sims and Blair end up with 8 runs for 43 metres even though they make at least 8 or 9 metres each carry. Seems weird.

Not sure where I saw it but is it true that if someone offloads after their hitup those metres aren't counted towards their metres gained stat? So players like Sims and Blair end up with 8 runs for 43 metres even though they make at least 8 or 9 metres each carry. Seems weird.

It's not counted as a run so I imagine they don't get the metres, as well.

Players cover more ground than what the stats suggest, especially halves. Whenever they pass or offload, it's counted as a pass or offload. But they don't get the ground covered included in their stats.

If that stat is correct then Blair I can understand with all the offloading he's been doing but sims didn't offload much at all so his low metreage still stands

If that stat is correct then Blair I can understand with all the offloading he's been doing but sims didn't offload much at all so his low metreage still stands
I suggest that you take a look at the stats, Sims is quite a prolific offloader

I saw Dave Taylor once at the supermarket. He is frikken huge in person I reckon.

I saw Dave Taylor once at the supermarket. He is frikken huge in person I reckon.

Yeah I've seen him at a servo and he looked like, well, a gorilla. Just massively wide and his top half was disproportionally huge. Like a 130% scale human with the legs shortened.

I met him when he was 17/18 years old and he was a beast then too. Not just tall but ridiculously wide. Apparently all the girls at St. Ursalas (I think) were afraid he would break them.

Yeah I've seen him at a servo and he looked like, well, a gorilla. Just massively wide and his top half was disproportionally huge. Like a 130% scale human with the legs shortened.
That's what i thought Lodge looked like yesterday at training...not overly tall but just massive through the chest, hips and legs. You could tell he would be hard to tackle with that physique.

Sims however was probably the same height, but nowhere near the same bulk-wise. He was standing right next to me on the fence line talking to some special school kids who were there and i couldn't believe his lack of size [emoji53]

I saw Dave a few years ago and the 1 thing that I noticed was his huge hands and forearms. Also his misses was little below average in height.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Jazza
  • theshed
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Culhwch
  • broncsgoat
  • Lazza
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Dash
  • Gaz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • Justwin
  • Socnorb
  • LittleDavey
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.