Kotoni & Tesi

Newbs

Newbs

Apr 2, 2022
Am I not seeing things correctly, these guys need to get off there horse and start playing rugby league like the past champions we have seen.
dropping the ball as much as they do….. a big let down for the team.
Kevvie needs to put them in reserve grade to think about things.

Yea there is more at play here with Staggs, im convinced of it.

This is more than just poor form i think.
What exactly is going on, i have no idea, but he looks a shadow of his former self.

It could be anything, but it looks to me like some external influence, maybe its long covid, drug addiction, relationship troubles, who knows, but as i said, this is more than just a stint of poor form.

Cobbo is young and raw, so thats enough to explain his errors and fuckups, Nui is not a smart footballer and we have seen him play exactly like this before, but Staggs is something else altogether.

Am I not seeing things correctly, these guys need to get off there horse and start playing rugby league like the past champions we have seen.
dropping the ball as much as they do….. a big let down for the team.
Kevvie needs to put them in reserve grade to think about things.
Yeah because the Broncos have a plethora of ready made replacements able to jump in and do the job required. How would sending Staggs down to a third rate comp help his confidence? Who the hell do you suggest comes in for Tesi? Ol' man Mead? How would that improve the team?

This constant talk of wholesale changes is laughable to me. Very few teams (if any) have the necessary depth to do so. The Broncos top 17 contain players that aren't first grade standard which then equals to zero depth. This combined with the injuries that inevitably occur= another horrid season.

Not sure it needed another thread but Cobbo's form is a direct relation to whats beside him. Staggs needs some confidence back and he'll be fine.

Yeah because the Broncos have a plethora of ready made replacements able to jump in and do the job required. How would sending Staggs down to a third rate comp help his confidence? Who the hell do you suggest comes in for Tesi? Ol' man Mead? How would that improve the team?

This constant talk of wholesale changes is laughable to me. Very few teams (if any) have the necessary depth to do so. The Broncos top 17 contain players that aren't first grade standard which then equals to zero depth. This combined with the injuries that inevitably occur= another horrid season.

It's what you get when you follow a team that only ever wins, suddenly we are in a phase where developing players is the only way out and we get fans in here screaming for our best players to be sent to the QLD Cup, as if we have ready made replacements ready to step in.

There's no quick fix, sending our best players to QLD Cup is not going to be the answer, sacking the coach is not going to be the answer (because again, who replaces him? Paul Green? .. he made a career out of having Thurston in his back pocket).

In the heat of the moment people get emotionally unhinged and make suggestions to fix the team that aren't even reasonable.

It's what you get when you follow a team that only ever wins, suddenly we are in a phase where developing players is the only way out and we get fans in here screaming for our best players to be sent to the QLD Cup, as if we have ready made replacements ready to step in.

There's no quick fix, sending our best players to QLD Cup is not going to be the answer, sacking the coach is not going to be the answer (because again, who replaces him? Paul Green? .. he made a career out of having Thurston in his back pocket).

In the heat of the moment people get emotionally unhinged and make suggestions to fix the team that aren't even reasonable.
A team that only ever wins? What team do you follow?

A team that only ever wins? What team do you follow?

Of course I was referencing the club since 1988, there was a period there where we made the finals for 18 years in a row.

Recently, yeah it's been tough but that's when you learn to appreciate what it's like to support a good team, the losing times make the winning times even more sweeter. However, as I just said.. there will be a lot of fans who claim to be Broncos supporters who are right now probably wielding a Brisbane Lions sticker on their bumper bar, as they'd rather zone out during the tough times. Those who haven't zoned out are demanding wholesale changes, which shows how much they know about what it takes to turn a team around.

If buying players was that easy of a fix, the Bulldogs would be topping the table.

I think its more than just a lack of confidence with Staggs, there is something else going on.

Compare him to his best and its night and day. He is not looking for the ball, he is making errors more often than not, he looks shot in both attack and defense, its not one area of his game that is suffering, its his entire game overall.

Jeez i hope he gets some help, because he is a dangerous dude when he is firing.

Staggs hasn’t really achieved anything in the game for him to be as privileged as he is at the moment. I do feel he’s just another victim of the broncos system. If you put him in any of the top 4 teams he’s scoring tries every week.

every commentator thinks he just needs early ball but we saw this with James roberts. You need halves and structures to create opportunities for him to do his damage, it’s not under 12s.

Staggs hasn’t really achieved anything in the game for him to be as privileged as he is at the moment. I do feel he’s just another victim of the broncos system. If you put him in any of the top 4 teams he’s scoring tries every week.

every commentator thinks he just needs early ball but we saw this with James roberts. You need halves and structures to create opportunities for him to do his damage, it’s not under 12s.

That's fairly accurate, also people asking for him to increase his workload probably haven't ever experienced a devastating injury and aren't quite aware that it takes time to get the confidence back.

Physically he is probably feeling fantastic, it still hits you mentally though, some get it worse than others.

True, but even the commentary team on Fox were saying he looks underdone and something is off.

It could just be a combination of the injuries taking their toll mixed with a complete lack of confidence.

Too many excuses made for Staggs. He's a good player, but lets face it , he's been shit and thats being generous. His body language is telling. He looks disinterested and he looks like he doesnt really want to be out there. While his injury may have had some impact, its not really an excuse for lazy play and lacking fitness. If you dont throw him the ball he wont go looking for it. He just stands out wide waiting. He has been in full training for months, he shouldnt be getting as gassed as he has been.

Maybe he needs to be more professional and stop going out partying until he gets back to some kind of good form. I'm still pretty sure he only re-signed with us because he couldnt get anywhere near the contract he wanted elsewhere. He was expecting a bidding war from top clubs that never came. It was us or Newcastle. I think he ego took a hit and he is playing at a club he wanted to leave.

Tesi is a lot more simple, he's just not that good.

Too many excuses made for Staggs. He's a good player, but lets face it , he's been shit and thats being generous. His body language is telling. He looks disinterested and he looks like he doesnt really want to be out there. While his injury may have had some impact, its not really an excuse for lazy play and lacking fitness. If you dont throw him the ball he wont go looking for it. He just stands out wide waiting. He has been in full training for months, he shouldnt be getting as gassed as he has been.

Maybe he needs to be more professional and stop going out partying until he gets back to some kind of good form. I'm still pretty sure he only re-signed with us because he couldnt get anywhere near the contract he wanted elsewhere. He was expecting a bidding war from top clubs that never came. It was us or Newcastle. I think he ego took a hit and he is playing at a club he wanted to leave.

Tesi is a lot more simple, he's just not that good.
So you reckon his performances are combination of laziness and staying out late partying?
Honest question.

But he isnt one of our best players right now. You arent dropping him back to QLD cup for any other reason than he has pretty much been our worst player in the 4 games we have played. You are only one of the best players until you arent, and he currently isnt. We have been going through this now with players like Boyd and Milford. Both quality players at one time, but both fell off a cliff pretty badly.

I dont really get why you are saying we have been following a team that only ever wins. Thats really not been the case for the best part of 15 years now. We have had some moments, but we havent been genuine challengers on a regular basis for a long time now.

We have lots of different options to improve this club. Do we have the ruthlessness and guts to make those decisions? I have my doubts.

So you reckon his performances are combination of laziness and staying out late partying?
Honest question.

I feel he is lazy in the games. Not necessarily a lazy trainer but certainly he is waiting for the game to come to him instead of getting involved.

In terms of his partying, and i'm only going on what people who know him pretty well are telling me, but i'd say he is out a fair bit more than he probably should be.

I feel he is lazy in the games. Not necessarily a lazy trainer but certainly he is waiting for the game to come to him instead of getting involved.

In terms of his partying, and i'm only going on what people who know him pretty well are telling me, but i'd say he is out a fair bit more than he probably should be.
That really sucks to hear, i was hoping there was a legitimate reason for his drop off in form.

That really sucks to hear, i was hoping there was a legitimate reason for his drop off in form.

We arent playing well as a team tbf to him either. In his defence, he's probably not going out any more or less than he has done in the past. Maybe its just after his injuries he needs to look after his body a bit better. These sort of things are magnified though when you are out of form.

Unread

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • UP DA BRIZZY BRONX
  • ivanhungryjak
  • bert_lifts
  • The Boss
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.