Lee Briers - opinions

R

Redfern_1980

Jun 21, 2024
I'm telling you, dont rule out Willie Peters coming in to work with Bennett like Wolff has at the Phins.
You might be right mate, just everything I've heard within the Bunnies points to Burgess being the man they want for the future. Who knows though really with the way the NRL coaching ranks work and how things can be so volatile at times lol

A

Astro

QCup Player
Jun 27, 2014
Isn’t there a cap for coaches now or am I making shit up again?
It's a soft cap. You can spend over it but you will get taxed by the NRL for any amount over.

Clubs will have until 2020 to get under the salary cap, and if they do not they will be taxed 37 per cent tax on whatever they overspend by.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
has this actually been confirmed. I can't see a media report anywhere.

It would be a shame if true, as i think he has been very good for the club.

It's also interesting, as he is mates with Kevvie. so the questions that immediately come to mind are:

Did Kevvie / DD make this call?

Does he see a better pathway to a head coaching gig at Souths instead of the Broncos? and to follow-up on this question, after the first succession plan failed, will Souths go with a possible Bennett succession plan for a second time?

R

Redfern_1980

Jun 21, 2024
has this actually been confirmed. I can't see a media report anywhere.

Did Kevvie / DD make this call?

Does he see a better pathway to a head coaching gig at Souths instead of the Broncos? and to follow-up on this question, after the first succession plan failed, will Souths go with a possible Bennett succession plan for a second time?
I don't believe it has been announced publicly, no. But it is happening 100%.

As far as I've been told, Wayne specifically headhunted Briers as he was impressed with what he did for your fellas last year and is hoping he can do similar with us. So no, it wasn't Kevvie who made the call. I imagine he would be pretty disappointed I guess.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
If true, how longs this been In the works for?
Briers was pretty liked by the players from my understanding, we've been missing key attacking players most of the season and haven't been at our best but the last 2 games have been worse attack wise. We've been without Walsh but even without him we can do better than what we've dished up.
Have we gone off the Briers style abit?

With both Briers and Cartwright leaving that's going to have some effects on the way we play. It could be good or bad but we did go very close to winning a GF with those guys helping out.

Do we try bring in Hannay?
Bring in the Walkers? Abit of a carrot to bring Sam over post Reynolds..
Make Reynolds Assistant/captain?
Or someone completely different?

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
His reasoning was that he thought it would cause harmony issues with the current head coach
That's even worse tbh.. as a head coach he'd need to work continuously with conflict management and relationship building, in afat more complex or difficult circumstances. Yet he can't swallow his pride and communicate effectively enough to take a back seat...

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Hi, bunnies fan here, hoping to get your opinions on Lee Briers and if he is any good. He is coming to the Rabbitohs next year (you guys prob already know this) thanks to Uncle Wayne.

I believe he is your attacking skills coach? Our attack needs all the help it can get so hopefully this bloke can work some magic. Last year you blokes were sensational in attack so if he was responsible for tactics looks like he knows his stuff.
LOL. Awesome troll.

Briers is probably staying.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
That's even worse tbh.. as a head coach he'd need to work continuously with conflict management and relationship building, in afat more complex or difficult circumstances. Yet he can't swallow his pride and communicate effectively enough to take a back seat...

He was the boss man at Parra for nearly 10 years .
I think he has developed his style of relating to his squad and feels it wouldn`t work as an assistant . More like a tough love Dad .
Madge seems like more of a meglomaniac than Arthars .

R

Redfern_1980

Jun 21, 2024
LOL. Awesome troll.

Briers is probably staying.
Mate, it's hardly the signing of the century lol. Not sure why I would bother coming into another teams' forum to flex about it. I just came here to get opinions from your fans who have seen more of what he can do for a team than I as a Bunnies fan would know.

R

Redfern_1980

Jun 21, 2024
Yes. It's a Buzz Rothfield rumour. Briers shut it down.

Not saying it 100% won't happen, but any talk of it being a done deal is bogus.
And you would know this how?

I don't profess that I have some inside knowledge of the internal workings of my club but I do know for a fact Briers will be at Souths next year. As a Broncos fan, how would you know if a deal has been done or not? Do tell.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
And you would know this how?

I don't profess that I have some inside knowledge of the internal workings of my club but I do know for a fact Briers will be at Souths next year. As a Broncos fan, how would you know if a deal has been done or not? Do tell.
I am only going on these four facts:

1. The only source saying Briers is "set to" go to Souths is one Shoosh column by Buzz Rothfield. He sometimes gets things right, but often doesn't.

2. Lee Briers himself responded on SENQ saying there was no truth to THAT rumour. He said he does talk to Wayne, but it wasn't about that. He didn't beat around about it. He flatly dismissed it.

3. He's off contract at the end of the season, so any club is fair game until the Broncos announce his extension.

4. Rumours regarding Wayne Bennett are always 3D chess. You'd never bet either way on any of them. Take TPJ, for example.

Unread

Active Now

• Scdeac
  • Foordy
  • broncos4life
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Galah
  • Jedhead
  • Redfern_1980
  • lynx000
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.