Lee Briers - opinions

R

Redfern_1980

Jun 21, 2024
I am only going on these four facts:

1. The only source saying Briers is "set to" go to Souths is one Shoosh column by Buzz Rothfield. He sometimes gets things right, but often doesn't.

2. Lee Briers himself responded on SENQ saying there was no truth to THAT rumour. He said he does talk to Wayne, but it wasn't about that. He didn't beat around about it. He flatly dismissed it.

3. He's off contract at the end of the season, so any club is fair game until the Broncos announce his extension.

4. Rumours regarding Wayne Bennett are always 3D chess. You'd never bet either way on any of them. Take TPJ, for example.
Fair enough mate, no skin off my nose that you don't believe me. But anyway, your denial in some way tells me we are getting a real good assistant next year. Hopefully you blokes well get a great replacement for him too.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
Fair enough mate, no skin off my nose that you don't believe me. But anyway, your denial in some way tells me we are getting a real good assistant next year. Hopefully you blokes well get a great replacement for him too.
So what's behind the confidence on your part that he is 100% going to Souths? Not sure if you've said this yet.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Rothfield has no contacts at the Broncs, he's said this several times.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
I don't profess that I have some inside knowledge of the internal workings of my club but I do know for a fact Briers will be at Souths next year.

Well Mr Red .
Spill the beanz . You act like you know more than you`re letting on, then when asked the source you cite some obscure League news site that no one has heard of and rely on a rumour started by a rumour monger .

If the Buzz article is your best info I wouldn`t be going to an opposition forum and telling tall tales unless I was a TROLL or I believed in Santa Claus .

Further why would Uncle Wayne employ a guy who is known for high risk attacking football , when his Bennet ball style is pretty much the opposite of what the Broncos have done since Briers came on board ?
The "new" Wayne ? I highly doubt that .

Active Now

• Maroon4life
  • Dash
  • Bucking Beads
  • mitch222
  • Lostboy
  • Santa
  • Midean
  • I bleed Maroon
  • RolledOates
  • ostin86
  • Aldo
  • thenry
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.