Let the off season review begin

To O should be on a million .
Maybe the best winger ever in the modern game ?

You would have to define modern game. The horrible 6 again era, or are we going back 15-20 years.

In this V'landys ball era, he's been the best winger for making meters consitently without question and he has been consistently good all around in this time period. There are other things in his game where others wingers have him beat, but he's a pretty solid winger without any glaring weakness apart from his height.

You do have the likes of Brett Morris, Radrada or Johnston for example who were much better try scoring wingers in worse teams than To'o is playing in.

Its a shame we never got to see somebody like Folau or JYY for longer than we did because i think what i saw from both those guys on the wing they would have been very hard to top.

You would have to define modern game. The horrible 6 again era, or are we going back 15-20 years.

In this V'landys ball era, he's been the best winger for making meters consitently without question and he has been consistently good all around in this time period. There are other things in his game where others wingers have him beat, but he's a pretty solid winger without any glaring weakness apart from his height.

You do have the likes of Brett Morris, Radrada or Johnston for example who were much better try scoring wingers in worse teams than To'o is playing in.

Its a shame we never got to see somebody like Folau or JYY for longer than we did because i think what i saw from both those guys on the wing they would have been very hard to top.

Of that lot, I'd probably take peak Morris tbh.

The going rate for Centres this is probably slightly below market rate, Also To'o is being paid a sum that wouldn't be possible anywhere else and that should be factored in.

Cobbo up till Origin 1 this year was pretty much Elite I would say but the contract doesn't go down when the form does so of course it can look bad now.

Staggs on 700k is perfectly fine, Lomax for example will be on 100k more next year at Centre a position he hasn't shined ln for years.
Cobbo should be looking to upgrade his $400k deal right now not upgrade his $650k deal. It’s way too much for an unprofessional kid who gets burnt out by rugby league. He should be on a cheaper deal due to his high maintenance and unprofessional ways

I'd put a sneaky mention in for Daniel Tupou... gets through a ton of work, great aerial threat, great finisher on his wing for a lanky winger and has been doing it for a long time now... modern league and Vlando ball.

I'd think BMoz has him covered for a lot of attributes, except workrate... he wasn't really making much of an impact with his hitups, but consistently one of the fastest wingers going and a great finisher.

I'd put a sneaky mention in for Daniel Tupou... gets through a ton of work, great aerial threat, great finisher on his wing for a lanky winger and has been doing it for a long time now... modern league and Vlando ball

I actually thought about him tbh after i posted. He's got a great record.

Winger is a funny one hey. You see a Brian To’o being tossed up as the best and you think “he’s undeniably a gun but there must be someone better” then you think through and B Moz is the best you can come up with.

Not many super star wingers

To’o is certainly the best of the modern day wingers. Traditional wingers were a lot different. They used to just be finishers didn’t they.

Winger is a funny one hey. You see a Brian To’o being tossed up as the best and you think “he’s undeniably a gun but there must be someone better” then you think through and B Moz is the best you can come up with.

Sailor easily, but of course I mean the good one.

When you say modern winger, what do you mean exactly? It seems like the metre-eating winger has at least been a thing since the Grothe era.

Can't argue against To'o, but would make the point that Folau and Radradra had higher ceilings and were so good that they 'ascended'.

In the conversation from the last 20 or so years:
JYY, B.Morris, origin Gagai, origin Hayne (I know, I know), To'o, early career Crichton, early career Folau, early career Inglis, Tupou, Johnston, Storm version Addo-Carr, Sing, Tuqiri, Mulitalo (I know, I hate it too), Warriors DWZ, Isaako, rep level Tate, Sailor, Radradra, peak Sivo

Who am I missing?

In the conversation from the last 20 or so years:
JYY, B.Morris, origin Gagai, origin Hayne (I know, I know), To'o, early career Crichton, early career Folau, early career Inglis, Tupou, Johnston, Storm version Addo-Carr, Sing, Tuqiri, Mulitalo (I know, I hate it too), Warriors DWZ, Isaako, rep level Tate, Sailor, Radradra, peak Sivo

Who am I missing?
Darius Boyd.

When you say modern winger, what do you mean exactly? It seems like the metre-eating winger has at least been a thing since the Grothe era.

Can't argue against To'o, but would make the point that Folau and Radradra had higher ceilings and were so good that they 'ascended'.
When I hear Modern era Im thinking when the game become professional in the early 90s which seems like a more fair benchmark to compare an older gen to now.

Martin Offiah was the first superstar winger for me.

Its hard to pick with wingers because they all can be really effective in different ways i guess. Players like Johnston, Sing, Blacklock were all brilliant try scoring wingers. Very different from the likes of Sailor or To'o, but just as effective in their own way,

If this review doesn't get us a new recruitment and retention manager it has failed IMO. We're paying Cobbo $650k a year ffs. Ridiculous figures. That is more than Brian To'o.
Then we get to Staggs who is on $700k which is way too much also.
We had no choice but to pay him that. Losing him at that time after Fifita and Coates abandoned ship would’ve ruined us for a decade

Active Now

• Donald Garner
  • Tristan1990
  • Fozz
  • Justwin
  • Fitzy
  • marw
  • Foordy
  • BooKhaki
  • Gaz
  • mitch222
  • Bucking Beads
  • Howie
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Xzei
  • Ozired
  • DJ16
  • BroncoFan94
  • Skyblues87
  • Culhwch
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.