Let the off season review begin

It worries me that the Broncos as a whole can't see refereeing trends that occur throughout a year and change our tactics to suit them. The Storm have been holding people in scrums, playing tunnel ball, blocking kickers etc for decades, the Panthers get away with murder. We aren't on the front foot at all and that is on the coach. What's our game plan? What are our tactics? What weakness does the team we are playing against have? Does Kevin even know? Because it doesn't look like it when the players run on the field every week..
we've not done this for decades at this point... Bennett refused to adapt to modern wrestling styles back in the mid-00's.

For some reason the broncos as an organisation want to run with this stupid 'holier than thou' style of football, even though it's been clear since early 2010's that cheaters prosper the most in the NRL.

The first 2 games of 2020 and Seibold finally had us doing some tactical penalties to slow the game down inside the 10m... something rorters have been doing for 10yr at that point... then the game changed to six again Vlando ball and we had players getting binned for conceding too many six agains at the goal line.

If Walters survives next year we will have had an amazing season. Yes i am very low on our club at the moment but for me unless we have a perfect season with injuries we won't make the 8.
We'll have to have a pretty decent season for him not to get the sack. It's going to get interesting if we're sitting, unconvincingly, in say 7th-10th place by Round 6.

we've not done this for decades at this point... Bennett refused to adapt to modern wrestling styles back in the mid-00's.

For some reason the broncos as an organisation want to run with this stupid 'holier than thou' style of football, even though it's been clear since early 2010's that cheaters prosper the most in the NRL.

The first 2 games of 2020 and Seibold finally had us doing some tactical penalties to slow the game down inside the 10m... something rorters have been doing for 10yr at that point... then the game changed to six again Vlando ball and we had players getting binned for conceding too many six agains at the goal line.
Learning how to exploit the rules, rather than "cheating," is near the top of the coach's job description. If your team keeps getting outsmarted under the rules, you're a dumb coach, and you're making life hard for your team and fans.

Learning how to exploit the rules, rather than "cheating," is near the top of the coach's job description. If your team keeps getting outsmarted under the rules, you're a dumb coach, and you're making life hard for your team and fans.
Just saying broncos coaches have been playing the game on hard mode for decades at this point, which includes Wayne, Hook, Seibold and Walters

Badel:

The club brought in former Chiefs CEO and New Zealand rugby union player, and current director of sport at Bond Uni, Michael Collins to conduct a comprehensive review. Collins will now present his findings to the Broncos board and CEO Dave Donaghy for them to analyse and make changes at Red Hill.​

Totally agree. I also don't have a problem with how Melbourne play the game. We just need to beat them at it.
I don't either... I'm just sick of seeing the broncos pretend like they'll eventually be rewarded for playing the game 'fairly' instead of the META that's been around for near 20yrs at this point and pushing the rules to within the limit of breaking and then pushing it further to force the ref into making a decision... which they won't

Everyone thinks we cheat anyway. Instead we are the only team getting penalised for being 40 metres onside or for not playing the ball on the exact spot we were tackled. Batting the ball forward for tries or Jumping for attacking kicks. We genuinely cop the weirdest calls

We'll have to have a pretty decent season for him not to get the sack. It's going to get interesting if we're sitting, unconvincingly, in say 7th-10th place by Round 6.
I’d prefer we rip the bandaid off and just give Madge the job but if we do go with Kev I’m willing to give him a fair go to prove himself. I will withhold judgment at least until a third of the way through the first press conference.

I’d prefer we rip the bandaid off and just give Madge the job but if we do go with Kev I’m willing to give him a fair go to prove himself. I will withhold judgment at least until a third of the way through the first press conference.
The Madge delusion is just too much for me.

The Madge delusion is just too much for me.

I'm really don't get why we are writing off Maguire....................the man has been a Super League winning coach, an NRL premiership winning coach, a State of Origin series winning coach, and International winning coach..................................yet somehow he's not good enough to even be considered?

Did he just somehow fluke all that?

Badel:

The club brought in former Chiefs CEO and New Zealand rugby union player, and current director of sport at Bond Uni, Michael Collins to conduct a comprehensive review. Collins will now present his findings to the Broncos board and CEO Dave Donaghy for them to analyse and make changes at Red Hill.​
I hope it has something to do with getting better backrowers and wingers that can make metres.

If Walters survives next year we will have had an amazing season. Yes i am very low on our club at the moment but for me unless we have a perfect season with injuries we won't make the 8.

We will go 1 and 5 to start the season or some terrible result like that and Kev will be punted, only to be replaced by....fucking Bazza.

This club is not taking footy seriously enough, I'm sorry. We are a glorified merchandising company like Nike. Fans need to get real and stop rewarding the club for mediocrity. I'm not buying another jersey until our next premiership.

I'm really don't get why we are writing off Maguire....................the man has been a Super League winning coach, an NRL premiership winning coach, a State of Origin series winning coach, and International winning coach..................................yet somehow he's not good enough to even be considered?

Did he just somehow fluke all that?
I think he’s found his sweet spot with Internationals and Origin tbh. I’m not saying he’s a good coach but the end at the Bunnies was rough and the Tigers experiment was a debacle.

We will go 1 and 5 to start the season or some terrible result like that and Kev will be punted, only to be replaced by....fucking Bazza.

This club is not taking footy seriously enough, I'm sorry. We are a glorified merchandising company like Nike. Fans need to get real and stop rewarding the club for mediocrity. I'm not buying another jersey until our next premiership.
It's sad. In that last storm game when we were getting thrashed there's still a shitload of fans waving their flags, clapping and cheering for them when they should have been desserting the stadium in droves. With fans like that the club will never get the fucking message.

It's sad. In that last storm game when we were getting thrashed there's still a shitload of fans waving their flags, clapping and cheering for them when they should have been desserting the stadium in droves. With fans like that the club will never get the fucking message.

That, exactly as you described is THE problem I reckon. As long as the executives think they can milk mindless casuals for everything they're worth regardless of how the team is actually performing, the opinions of supporters like us means **** all.

The Broncos are far more a "corporation" than they are a footy club.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Dash
  • Painin the Haas
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • whykickamoocow
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Skathen
  • Broncorob
  • Foordy
  • phoenix
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.