NEWS Life is hard on the Croft

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Peter Badel & Chris Honnery remind Brodie Croft he is the wind beneath our sails.

Storm discard
Croft's official Brisbane debut comes with the added responsibility of the co-captaincy, a situation Seibold describes as “unusual.”

His former skipper, the slippery gamesman
Cameron Smith, greases the pole:

I don’t know if he is the right fit for the club. I am not part of their club or their roster and I don’t know what style of game Anthony Seibold is coaching up there. Clearly Seibs thinks he is the right man – he took Brodie off our hands from Melbourne."

Gettyimages 1142170353 1024x1024

Doesn't know anything.

“Brodie applies himself to training exceptionally well. If he has some deficiencies, he works on them. All he can do is play his best very week and that is the challenge for him. Brisbane have been searching for a halfback for quite some time and they need some stability in that position, so we will have to see how he goes.”

Screenshot 2020 03 12 f7df3592c0ac1c955e8e810b5e5ecb74 WEBP Image 1024  576 pixels

Safe hands.

Grand Finalist
Ben Hunt is more reflective:

“It’s all bloody ‘Alfie’s’ fault. Alf was so good the rest of us have paid the price. There’s a long history there since Alfie left of the Broncos trying to find the right No.7, jumping around from here to there. The fans seem to want one long term and that’s why there is always going to be a bit of pressure."

“I think Brodie is the type of guy who can handle it. He is level-headed and controls the game well for a young guy. Hopefully for Broncos fans he can take control and that’s what the club needs.”

While recent reject Kodi Nikorima betrays no bitterness in his unceremonious dumping:

“It all comes from the club’s history. The Broncos club in general has won a lot of premierships. They always have high expectations. When I was coming through the ranks, there was a lot of high standards. Top four was always a priority when we were playing. I think he’ll be all right. He’s come from a system in Melbourne where they also have high expectations. If the Broncos start losing, that’s when the media really come out. My advice would be just to win footy games.”

So there you have it Brodie; all you need to do is win every game for us.

McHunt

Last edited:
those quotes from Smith make me think there is truth to the rumours that Smith and Croft didn't get on at the Storm
Could also be selective quoting from Badel to fit the narrative. This was the lead:

"Former Queensland skipper Cameron Smith says he doesn’t know if Brodie Croft is the right fit for the Broncos "

those quotes from Smith make me think there is truth to the rumours that Smith and Croft didn't get on at the Storm

I just really don't think Croft is an organising type half that we need and Smith knows it.

Or he's just telling the truth, but like he said. We'll just have to wait and see

Smith could have just been asked 'Do you think Croft is the right fit for the Broncos?" and gave the correct answer of 'I don't know' because he's never been a part of the Broncos.

Smith could have just been asked 'Do you think Croft is the right fit for the Broncos?" and gave the correct answer of 'I don't know' because he's never been a part of the Broncos.

That's probably what happened, journalists fish for quotes they can use to create a story out of nothing.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Big Del
  • Santa
  • Aldo
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Fozz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Manifesto
  • Galah
  • lynx000
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • Bish
  • Cavalo
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.