Lockyer back for Rabbits

bfoord said:
Coxy said:
I think he was actually agreeing with you Emma. Sort of.

I would hate to think we're using an NRL competition match as a fitness test for a player...

i was agreeing with Emma while sighting an example... i probably worded the response wrong though
Definitely worded wrong, I had no idea what you were trying to say! [icon_lol1.

The way I see it if he isnt fit enought to play more than 20 mins he takes up a bench spot that could be used by a fit player. Regardless of wether he's testing it in match conditions, if he isnt fit to play longer than 20 mins its waste having him on the bench. (I know its lockyer but still)

I know where playing the bunnies but if he isnt 100% fit then he should sit out this week and come back when he's able to play at least 60 mins. Even if it is off the bench!!

If Lockyer goes off after 10 mins where down to 16 players and with 10 interchanges that can hurt you!!

Exactly. The Broncos were LUCKY to get close to the Titans last week after losing Karmichael and having to resort to Eastwood on the wing. Broncos were 16-0 down at that point. Amazing to get back to 26-24 really.

If it happens again this week...I'm sorry, but the Broncos CAN NOT afford to have passengers, and that's what Lockyer has been all season, apart from against Penrith, after which the soreness set in.

As someone who has no idea about physio type things - can someone tell me why Lockyer doesn't (or anyone else for that matter) strap their knees a la Petero? Is it only certain injuries which strapping like that can support?

Lockyer will be fine if he plays this weekend. I doubt he would be contemplating a comeback if he wasn't confidnet with his Knee. Knee injuries tend to drag on a bit anyways. Lockyer shoudl just have a week off every month until finals IMO.

cameo said:
As someone who has no idea about physio type things - can someone tell me why Lockyer doesn't (or anyone else for that matter) strap their knees a la Petero? Is it only certain injuries which strapping like that can support?

Strapping can't do much for the ACL because it's internal to the knee joint. It basically stops the bottom leg slipping forward past the knee joint when you decelerate. A friend of mine has a ruptured ACL that he never got reconstructed, and he can basically pull his bottom leg forward. It looks gross. He still runs OK, but it feels unstable (and will eventually result in significant arthritis in the joint).

Guys like Petero are strapped because of problems with the medial ligament, which is on the outside of the joint on the inside of the leg (if that makes sense).

Corey Parker is wearing that all around brace for his PCL. It's similar to the ACL but is more about stopping the knee sliding backwards. The brace protects that quite well, and the ligament itself heals much stronger and quicker than the ACL (which almost never heals properly alone).

Beads6 said:
Lockyer will be fine if he plays this weekend. I doubt he would be contemplating a comeback if he wasn't confidnet with his Knee. Knee injuries tend to drag on a bit anyways. Lockyer shoudl just have a week off every month until finals IMO.

Is it that simple with serious ACL injuries?

Prefer Locky to miss at least a few more weeks. If he plays this week, I hope he starts off the bench.

you think he would wear something though just for a confidence boost, as he is obviously been lacking in it.

To answer your question: no, not that simple. The only way to get the knee right is to avoid intense impact on it and do the appropriate rehab to strengthen the muscles around the knee. Playing will simply weaken the knee, and having a week off would do little to help it recover.

However, that said, Peter Myers is the best orthopedic surgeon in the country, so if he thinks the knee is far enough along to play then I'd trust him.

Unread

Active Now

• Justwin
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Dazza 92
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • HarryAllan7
  • Bongo
  • Porthoz
  • Lozza
  • Fitzy
  • ostin86
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.