International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Darren Lockyer ready to cop backlash
if Broncos anoint Matt Lodge new captain

AAP, The Courier-Mail
September 25, 2019 11:20am

Last edited by a moderator:
Preach Lazo! Don't worry about old lip service Lockyer.

He's going to throw away all his old broncos stuff :rofl

What a crybaby. Did he throw away his Storm stuff when they were caught cheating the cap or broke McKinnon's neck?

In fairness, it's probably time he threw out some of his old clothes.

Last edited:
It will be an awkward situation, let's make no bones about that. I am not sure I think he is ready to be captain, I'd prefer someone else too BUT that said, if he is truly the best option, his past should not be counted against him. This will put a huge target on his head even more than normal, I hope he is ready.

Its a quick win for someone like Alf to get the old boys together and tell them that the shit slinging stops now and time to get behind the club and the coach. Like theshed, this dickhead is in Tallis territory and managed to kick the crap out of us last week on any media outlet that would take him. Sorry your mate missed out on the top job champ...jog on.

Sometimes you're just looking for an excuse.

I think you will find that due to some none-too-subtle feedback from sponsors, Lodge will not be named captain for next year. That is the mail I am hearing.

I think you will find that due to some none-too-subtle feedback from sponsors, Lodge will not be named captain for next year. That is the mail I am hearing.

Wasn't it only last week that you were talking about how the club is telling us nothing and assuming that nothing would change, no you apparently have mail on everything the club is doing? Was your informant on leave last week or something?

Wasn't it only last week that you were talking about how the club is telling us nothing and assuming that nothing would change, no you apparently have mail on everything the club is doing? Was your informant on leave last week or something?
Nah, he got something right a couple weeks ago and is now trying to maintain the standard. You know, 'say it with confidence and people will believe you' kind of thing. He's guessing. You can take that to the bank!

1000% No to Lodge as captain, forget about the fact he’s lucky to playing in the NRL, the media madness, scrutiny and consistent past indiscretion questions he’d cop every interview would be crazy.

I also seriously doubt he’d wan’t to re-live the incident every press conference.

1000% No to Lodge as captain, forget about the fact he’s lucky to playing in the NRL, the media madness, scrutiny and consistent past indiscretion questions he’d cop every interview would be crazy.

I also seriously doubt he’d wan’t to re-live the incident every press conference.
Like with what happened with DCE, everyone will move on. Can't ask it every week.

Its a quick win for someone like Alf to get the old boys together and tell them that the shit slinging stops now and time to get behind the club and the coach. Like theshed, this dickhead is in Tallis territory and managed to kick the crap out of us last week on any media outlet that would take him. Sorry your mate missed out on the top job champ...jog on.
That’s a bit rough on @theshed... 😂

Last edited:

Active Now

• Totally Unr3al
  • The Don
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.