Lockyer: The team that can stop Storm

Unfortunately for Locky I think he is wrong. For us to beat the Storm we have to play out of our skins and they have to be off. When you play the storm you have not be near perfect in every aspect.

We give away too many 7 tackle sets, have bad periods where we clock off and we don't score tries that we should be scoring. Those things will be the reason we lose against the storm.

Maybe a good tactic would be to always kick it into touch to eliminate the risk of the 7 tackle restarts and the risk of billy slater return the kicks in broken play. Slow things down and give our forwards a constant breather.

but hey after the dick punches we've copped in the last couple of years - I'll take it

LWOap.gif

Maybe a good tactic would be to always kick it into touch to eliminate the risk of the 7 tackle restarts and the risk of billy slater return the kicks in broken play. Slow things down and give our forwards a constant breather.

Only problem with that is we need to score points to beat Melbourne. I can see your point though because they are so good at counter attacking. They have such good structure and smith, Cronk and Slater make the right decision 90% of the time. I don't think I've seen a team score more tries from breaks or a turn over in possession then Melbourne do. They have such a good strike rate.

In my opinion we need to play unstructed football to beat Melbourne. Offloads and lots of them without any stupid low % plays. Kick to the corners and defend well when they have the ball. Throw lots at them in attack and break up their defensive line.

Only problem with that is we need to score points to beat Melbourne. I can see your point though because they are so good at counter attacking. They have such good structure and smith, Cronk and Slater make the right decision 90% of the time. I don't think I've seen a team score more tries from breaks or a turn over in possession then Melbourne do. They have such a good strike rate.

In my opinion we need to play unstructed football to beat Melbourne. Offloads and lots of them without any stupid low % plays. Kick to the corners and defend well when they have the ball. Throw lots at them in attack and break up their defensive line.

I agree with the unstructured play but we don't have the halves to consistently kick to the corners. It's too much pressure on hunt to do it and then things will go south once he starts to panic.

I dno if I can stomach being there in person again if we make the GF and Hunt is in the seven jersey.

If we make the GF ... Hunt will be a big reason for us being there

If we make the GF ... Hunt will be a big reason for us being there

Words can't describe how shattered I was walking out of ANZ, like I dno if I can physically cope with something potentially worse than that, especially if we're playing the Storm, Sharks, Rorters, or, god forbid, the cows.

Words can't describe how shattered I was walking out of ANZ, like I dno if I can physically cope with something potentially worse than that, especially if we're playing the Storm, Sharks, Rorters, or, god forbid, the cows.

If we are playing any of those teams, we won't be able to come back from the shit defense of Moga, like we have the past couple of weeks against poorer opposition.

I don't see it, I don't think we've been very convincing at all this year.

Sharks and Storm are most likely.

I don't see it, I don't think we've been very convincing at all this year.

Sharks and Storm are most likely.

Unfortunately I agree. Throw the Roosters in the mix too. That said any team can go on a run, including us.

I think it's possible that we have been holding back a little. We have seen patches of great play , but then held back other times. Wayne likes to get his defensive structures in play first , injuries have hampered combos so it is not so smooth as yet. The thing is we haven't put together a full performance yet , so are we holding our cards for a tilt at the title.

I think it's possible that we have been holding back a little. We have seen patches of great play , but then held back other times. Wayne likes to get his defensive structures in play first , injuries have hampered combos so it is not so smooth as yet. The thing is we haven't put together a full performance yet , so are we holding our cards for a tilt at the title.

It would be nice but I'm a little sceptical seeing as I was one of the people saying exactly this for the entirety of 2016.

Defensively I think we have been poorer this year conceding some pretty soft points. This and the nasty little habit of our 'casual and slow' starts to games has me worried.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • bb_gun
  • Culhwch
  • Hoof Hearted
  • GCBRONCO
  • Redux
  • Ffs...
  • Stix
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncsgoat
  • Santa
  • john1420
  • Xzei
  • kman
  • johnny plath
  • Big Del
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.