Lockyer: The team that can stop Storm

I don't see it. Storm are rightfully overwhelming favourites.

Any of the other top teams have a chance if they have luck on their side, but if you're relying on luck, you're already at a disadvantage.

IMO the Sharks still have a better chance at the knocking off the Storm than the Broncs or Roosters. The Sharks trouble the Storm and beat them earlier in the year. Don't write the Sharkies off from being the first team to finish back to back since the 92-93 Broncos. They would seem the most unlikely to do so, but that's why i think they may pull it off. Hats off to them for remaining a major premiership threat after the loss of some key personnel last year.

At full strength I don't doubt that we can beat a full strength Storm side though. The Storm are beatable and I'd love it to be us to put them to the sword later in the year.

I disagree with Locky. I don't want hear about Hunt. I think Benji is the man we need...

Brisbane went back-to-back in 97-98, but just because 97 was Super League it gets discounted, and that's total and utter bullshit

Brisbane went back-to-back in 97-98, but just because 97 was Super League it gets discounted, and that's total and utter bullshit

If it was the Knights, it's all we would farkin hear about.

The fact we've only beaten the Storm twice in the last 14 games (which goes back to 2011!) probably suggests otherwise.

Hoping another team knocks them out for us.

I think it's possible that we have been holding back a little. We have seen patches of great play , but then held back other times. Wayne likes to get his defensive structures in play first , injuries have hampered combos so it is not so smooth as yet. The thing is we haven't put together a full performance yet , so are we holding our cards for a tilt at the title.

When does Bennett's notorious mid season pre season usually take place?

The fact we've only beaten the Storm twice in the last 14 games (which goes back to 2011!) probably suggests otherwise.

Hoping another team knocks them out for us.
Yeah - we can beat the Sharks, we can't beat the storm, we shit our pants everytime we play them.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • bb_gun
  • Culhwch
  • Hoof Hearted
  • GCBRONCO
  • Redux
  • Ffs...
  • Stix
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncsgoat
  • Santa
  • john1420
  • Xzei
  • kman
  • johnny plath
  • Big Del
  • Mr Fourex
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.